Kotipelto+Disney!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
TheSauron
Kotipelto at tomorrow show?

Post by TheSauron » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:49 pm

Hi I just read from metalyou.com about Kotipelto on tomorrow stratovarius show.

Will anybody be there? I would love to see pictures of that show!!!

ladyofeternity

Re: Kotipelto at tomorrow show?

Post by ladyofeternity » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:59 pm

TheSauron wrote:

I would like to know if this show will really happen ?
& I also would like to be there ! :D

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Kotipelto at tomorrow show?

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:10 am

ladyofeternity wrote:
TheSauron wrote:

I would like to know if this show will really happen ?
& I also would like to be there ! :D
I do hope everything goes alright....
And, this just about proves Tolkki probably is OK, after all. :)
Now, just hope it does not rain.....;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratoviking

Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by Stratoviking » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:09 pm

I hope you have right
Fight fight for the things you
belive in, never give up
fly your own way!!!

demoooon85

Post by demoooon85 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:36 pm

I want to say a thing to Timo Tolkki about his behaviour since the leaving of kotipelto and jorg.
I respect him as a musician and as a man (he wrote great songs and he is one of the best songwriter in the world - i think) but...
but i think he has not a correct behaviour when he speaks about kotipelto... I understand his reasons but not when he says
He should retire and just sing in Disney films.
That´s all he is good at.
Without Kotipelto Stratovarius wouldn't had been the same, my dear tolkki, even if you wrote all the songs. I can't understand why you keep on insulting a man who has given so much to this band... Speaking this way you are giving to all the fans a very bad image of yourself... Even if you now hate kotipelto you have not the right to speak so bad abouit him (for example when you say he his a mediocre songwriter). That's what i think.
Mario

A3000

Post by A3000 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:07 pm

Timo:buh: , you're not right, he has a good voice...maybe - John West, Mark Boals or other singer sings better, but he was a good friend of yours...and now you just write crazy things 'bout him! Timo, I've always respected you, but you're not right this time - his new album is great and the voice is perfect there. I understand that sometimes Kotipelto and Michael made mistakes on the live shows (e.g. 4000 Rainy Nights on Infinite Visions), but that's forgivable. And you think that leaving the stage after the first song and returning drunk with a bottle of Vodka is better? I'm not trying to push on you. Good Luck with Strat!
Shut up and stay alive!

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:50 pm

That's old news, Timo T is now trying to be friends again.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:04 am

According to Koti, TT has not talked to him personally yet.
But, please, let sleeping dogs lie. Whatever will be, will be. :)
Time heals, if not, I guess thats THEIR business....

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratobanger

Re: Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by Stratobanger » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:17 am

browneyedgirl wrote:

Time heals, if not, I guess thats THEIR business....
Agree...anyway...this is an old topic, no use to post here anymore
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:56 pm

lol no shit, pepople still write here?
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:14 pm

loztdignity wrote:
When some nut bumps an old, old topic up naturally some people are gonna post on it! :)

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:42 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
loztdignity wrote:
When some nut bumps an old, old topic up naturally some people are gonna post on it! :)
That's an undeniable fact I guess...
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:05 pm

:lol: Man, what an old topic. Well, not THAT old, but in a sense its old. :)
IMO, I think topics before 2005 should be deleted to increase the bandwidth&lighten the server load, but thats just IMHO. :D

Paola

Post by Paola » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 pm

I've a question.

Why TT can say bad things about Kotipelto, he is like the others in this forum now (after all, he left the band) but the other members can't say something about to TT?

If you read the first page (or the second page), you'll find the reason for my question. :?
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Paola wrote:I've a question.

Why TT can say bad things about Kotipelto, he is like the others in this forum now (after all, he left the band) but the other members can't say something about to TT?

If you read the first page (or the second page), you'll find the reason for my question. :?
No need for that. Leave it behind.
Mariano

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:
Lol yea thats right. Did you guys know that in the finnish version of the new big Disney movie Brother Bear, Kotipelto sings the lead tune and some others :)
In other words..alot of people will hear him in the cinema!

Pretty cool.
I see...

Maybe it's just a joke?... benefit of the doubt?... :?
---...---

Dragon Queen

Re: Re: Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by Dragon Queen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 am

livin4littlek8 wrote:
Hämmond wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
dude you are such a fucking hypocrite, one minute you say hes the best singer in metal the next you say all he should sing in cartoons. quit being such a fucking flake and put the bottle down you alcoholic piece of shit...

ohh and quit doing interviews where you say "I dont undrstand why everyone is talking so much shit on our message board" well maybe its cause you do nothing but talk shit yourself
yeah lad,that shall make him really chatty...
Guys, I don't think this is the real Timo Tolkki.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 am

Why hasn't anybody posted this here?

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHbGQb8P0lo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHbGQb8P0lo&hl ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Re: Re: Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:54 am

Dragon Queen wrote:
livin4littlek8 wrote:
Hämmond wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
dude you are such a fucking hypocrite, one minute you say hes the best singer in metal the next you say all he should sing in cartoons. quit being such a fucking flake and put the bottle down you alcoholic piece of shit...

ohh and quit doing interviews where you say "I dont undrstand why everyone is talking so much shit on our message board" well maybe its cause you do nothing but talk shit yourself
yeah lad,that shall make him really chatty...
Guys, I don't think this is the real Timo Tolkki.
No, check the post count, its him, those posts were made in 2004, during the first StratoShitStorm (SSS1) when Kotipelto was out of the band, and Tolkki was feigning hatred at him, there is a fake Tolkki running around the board, but if you set your board theme to the Igloo, the font changes so that l and I are different characters.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:18 pm

It also passes the Real Tolkki Recognizion Test #1: ´ instead of '. I never knew he said something that ugly about Kotipelto though... Well, I seem to learn new things every day. :)

As for the Karhuveljeni Koda video, thanks, HinatAArcticA! I'd never heard that song.
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Well, there was some crazy shit going on back then...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 pm

tolkii and jens talked the whole thing over in the email that tolkki posted. at least in original plans, kotipelto never left the band. there was a comment about how 400 people were on the site in those days, i think if the album had delivered more they really could have worked it. it does not even make sense to say disney is all a singer is good for, disney needs more out of a live performance than metal.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Kids will eat up anything Disney shits out.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:09 pm

I think is a great advertising for Stratovarius... I guess.
I mean, maybe the kids listened to that finnish song in the movie, and maybe wanted to know who was the man singing; then they found it was Koti and as they liked him a lot, maybe they started listening to Strato, and told some friends about the awesomeness of this band, and those friends to another ones, an so... I think it was a great way to gain some new fans (Of course, all hypothetically :D)
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:15 pm

its doing something a person wants to do, a good reason. kotipeltos partipation has certainly done more for people than rebel, or other people being close minded and bitching about disney. normal critics rate disney films well, we just have these fanatics that give extreme low scores.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:15 pm

I only think it's good that some heavy metal guys like Kotipelto have the balls to go into projects like Koda, Matti and now that RJB song. :D It just shows you metal doesn't need to be that SERIOISE BUZINESS after all, nor it should be. I like everytime something like this happens. I mean, they can do some lighter stuff in between metal, metal and metal, right? Couldn't you cheer up a little bit and listen to the godly Ronnie James the Bio Trash Bin for a while?
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 pm

icecab21 wrote:its doing something a person wants to do, a good reason. kotipeltos partipation has certainly done more for people than rebel, or other people being close minded and bitching about disney. normal critics rate disney films well, we just have these fanatics that give extreme low scores.
We give disney extreme low score because most of the stuff Disney releases nowadays, apart from the Pixar movies, is dumbed down shit.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:52 pm

icecab21 wrote:its doing something a person wants to do, a good reason. kotipeltos partipation has certainly done more for people than rebel, or other people being close minded and bitching about disney. normal critics rate disney films well, we just have these fanatics that give extreme low scores.
I listen to a huge variety of Music, but I can tell you, living in the very breeding ground of Disney "superstars", that in the last 5-10 years, they have lost almost all their credibility, I love classic Disney songs, stuff from animated movies that Walt Disney himself oversaw, but ever since Disney got its own channel, and started running Live Action music shows...

:pacscat: :pacscat: :pissed5: :repuke: :puke: :splat: :splat: :splat: :buk: :facial: :buk: :facial:

Oh, but yeah, Pixar Movies=awesome
(Up)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:21 am

There are different sides to Disney, some more quality than others.

Since the thread was about kotipeltos vocal performance in this animated film, I did not expect someone to talk about his or her music label. I have not heard any bad reviews of Disney’s Broadway performances. I’m going over the little mermaid and it’s got a cast that can perform very well. Maybe kotipelto can do a set of Broadway shows at the level, but in metal concerts, vie heard him have lots of off times that would not make it in a Broadway level show. I’m not really sure why a Broadway performance would ruin a company’s credibility.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:53 am

icecab21 wrote:There are different sides to Disney, some more quality than others.

Since the thread was about kotipeltos vocal performance in this animated film, I did not expect someone to talk about his or her music label. I have not heard any bad reviews of Disney’s Broadway performances. I’m going over the little mermaid and it’s got a cast that can perform very well. Maybe kotipelto can do a set of Broadway shows at the level, but in metal concerts, vie heard him have lots of off times that would not make it in a Broadway level show. I’m not really sure why a Broadway performance would ruin a company’s credibility.
I saw Lion King on broadway, and my thoughts were the same as with the movie
Up until Timone and the Hakuna Matata stuff, I absolutely LOVED it, but that part kind of ruined it, if you take out that "side story", it's really an AWESOME production.

I'm talking about Disney Channel shows where the actors decide they're somehow capable musicians/singers like Hannah Montana.