Tuomo Lassila

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Turbonorsu
Re: Tuomo Lassila

Post by Turbonorsu » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:35 pm

Lassila is also teaching percussion, as well as playing with the symphony orchestra...he used to be one of my drumming buddies' teacher...and it really is not that big deal if somebody moves from the drumset to a symphony orchestra...most of the "schooled" drummers can play all kinds of percussion, so it's not that hard to "jump" genres...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:00 pm

Väinämöinen wrote:
fifthtea_sausage wrote:Don't fester on Allison like that.
Don´t fester on me like that. I have the right to say whatever I want.
I'm not trying to attack him, he can do whatever he wants. But Allison (though she did not reference him in this post) has the right to say whatever she wants.
Yeah, and I have the right to say that she appears to be a deranged fan, some psycho with a crush, who has been banned from three forums already.

I also have the right to tell her to shut the fuck up. And you as well.
Off-topic, but, isn't VAINAMOINEN a very wise Finnish God, or Epic Hero? I read that somewhere! Nice, fitting Nick! ;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:20 pm

huh sorry....lassila released 4albuns? wasnt only fright night?
Are you experienced?

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:52 pm

gabriel wrote:huh sorry....lassila released 4albuns? wasnt only fright night?
Nope: Fright Night, Twilight Time, Dreamspace and Fourth Dimension. And TT's Classical Variations and Themes. :wink:
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:06 am

thats ok...and why isnt he still with the band?
Are you experienced?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:35 am

gabriel wrote:thats ok...and why isnt he still with the band?

He had a different musical vision for/about the band than Tolkki, so he was fired. This has been written about on several topics, if you ever have time I am sure you could SEARCH and find the answers to your questions. ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:44 am

thats fine for me dear BEG...but i have a question i will NOT search anywhere...if stratovarius isnt a tolkki´s solo project, HOW can he have the power to fire members? isnt the band democratic?
Are you experienced?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:04 am

gabriel wrote:thats fine for me dear BEG...but i have a question i will NOT search anywhere...if stratovarius isnt a tolkki´s solo project, HOW can he have the power to fire members? isnt the band democratic?

Yes, but all bands have a "boss" who runs things, makes decisions&all. So, there has to be one member with the power to fire someone if things get out of hand.
Lasilla helped found the band&TT came later......but, since Tolkki took over most of the responsibilities within the band, Lasilla, I guess, turned the reins over to TT. That gave TT the power to fire someone, if need be.