Something that Happened the Other Day

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
fifthtea_sausage
Something that Happened the Other Day

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:48 am

Well I am currently taking a course called 'Music History.' And for our homework assignment, we were supposed to bring in a 1-1:30 minute clip of a song we liked. We would share it with the class so the teacher would see what we liked.

I live in the United States, and basically people here listen to either awful punk rock or pop. In any case, something where you don't need musical skill to succeed.

So I go home and I say: I have to introduce these dull, dull people to the great wonders of Stratovarius! I wanted to bring in one of the classics like Black Diamond, but I was afraid they wouldn't like it at first. So I brought something with more popular appeal. I brought Dreamweaver, the part with the great guitar solo and the chorus.

The result? Everyone LOVED it! The teacher kept going on about how good the guitarist is and suddenly, I'm a lot more popular than before ;)
Its a good feeling showing those punk rocker. Hehe.

-FifthTea_Sausage

browneyedgirl

Re: Something that Happened the Other Day

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:13 am

I'm not suprised----most people exposed to Stratovarius likes their music. Either right off the bat or it grows on them. Thats why I say Strato will probably have a very successful upcoming tour in USA!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:09 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote:Well I am currently taking a course called 'Music History.' And for our homework assignment, we were supposed to bring in a 1-1:30 minute clip of a song we liked. We would share it with the class so the teacher would see what we liked.

I live in the United States, and basically people here listen to either awful punk rock or pop. In any case, something where you don't need musical skill to succeed.

So I go home and I say: I have to introduce these dull, dull people to the great wonders of Stratovarius! I wanted to bring in one of the classics like Black Diamond, but I was afraid they wouldn't like it at first. So I brought something with more popular appeal. I brought Dreamweaver, the part with the great guitar solo and the chorus.

The result? Everyone LOVED it! The teacher kept going on about how good the guitarist is and suddenly, I'm a lot more popular than before ;)
Its a good feeling showing those punk rocker. Hehe.

-FifthTea_Sausage
That's a nice story girl, and very intresting one. . . . keep infecting them with the Strato-virus.

I wish I could do that, but I don't even have Music at all. . . .. :(
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:09 am

Thanks for the feedback equinox. I'm sorry to lead this topic to OT but, why do you keep referring to me as "girl?"

I cannot figure out whether you are just having a sense of humor or truly think I am a girl. Either way, you've referred to me as this twice, and I am curious for an explanation.

Cheers,
FifthTea_Sausage

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:27 pm

Hmm.. In my class I could never get all of them to like Stratovarius. Some listen to metal, some to alternative rock, some 70's rock, some good old "guy with the guitar" music (Dylan, Wiehe, Åkerström etc) ,some like punk and some like pop.
The only music that everyone can relate to is Zappa, Pink floyd, Jukka poika (reggae) and Avain (rap).
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

Michael^

Post by Michael^ » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:56 am

I only know a few strato fans here in westyorkshire but im sure there are alot more fans out here than i know of !

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:46 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote:Thanks for the feedback equinox. I'm sorry to lead this topic to OT but, why do you keep referring to me as "girl?"

I cannot figure out whether you are just having a sense of humor or truly think I am a girl. Either way, you've referred to me as this twice, and I am curious for an explanation.

Cheers,
FifthTea_Sausage
Oh danm, don't tell me u're a guy! first it was with Iron_thunder now u. . .I'll have to pay more attention to all the post.

Sorry, It was not my purpose.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"