VISIONS LYRICS - Nostradamus

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
simmartin
VISIONS LYRICS - Nostradamus

Post by simmartin » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:32 am

"From the skies shall come the powerfull kind before and after the mars reigns at will not far from the great age of Millenium buried ones shall come out of their graves" Nostradamus: Century X:72.74 -- TwinTowers...

"There shall be heard in the air the noise of weapons and in the same year the divines shall be enemies." -- Tsunami...

Well, could you say Nostradamus is a fake man...

I read many more centuries and they can be understand only if the things are past or "present"...

How do you think about?

STRATOVARIUS 4Ever

browneyedgirl

Re: VISIONS LYRICS - Nostradamus

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:33 am

I think Nostradamus took some of this prophecies from the Bible&did a twist on them, making them his own. ;) Then, some quatrains he made himself. Nostradamus was a smart man--he was a doctor, a healer trained in pharmacology&the use of plants to cure diseases. It was said that during a plague outbreak, only the people who consumed his plant-based concoctions survived. So, Nostradamus was no slouch in the intellect department!
He could have just used his common sense reasoning to figure out what he thought would occur in the future.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:11 am

It's kind of freaky, because I was watching a History channel presentation about Nostradamus, and they were talking about how Nostradamus' predictions came true to recent events that happened here in the USA. Take for example the 9/11 event: he predicted that this would happen, but no one knew what he said.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:35 am

OFF_TOPIC: In the '90s there was a movie called "NOSTRADAMUS" which was about him. It was really a good movie--I'll try to google a pic of the DVD.
If you all can, try to watch it somehow---rent it, or it may still be playing on Satellite TV.

If Nostra was really like the way this movie portrayed--he was a really cool dude! ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:35 pm

Neorave wrote:It's kind of freaky, because I was watching a History channel presentation about Nostradamus, and they were talking about how Nostradamus' predictions came true to recent events that happened here in the USA. Take for example the 9/11 event: he predicted that this would happen, but no one knew what he said.
Nostradamus never predicted the events of 9/11, people just think he did.

The big problem is that Nostradamus' prophecies are too vague to be called 'predictions', simply because he wrote them in such a way that they can be interpreted in any way possible.
People are extremely gullible when coincidence slaps them in the face, so if something like this can make people believe there's a connection, a lot of them instantly see it as being true.

Lapazeus

Post by Lapazeus » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:06 pm

Nostradamus wrote a lot of indistinct and universal things. Some people think that Nostradamus predicted different things, for example the Tsunami mentioned in this thread. Well, why didn't people prepare for the wave beforehand?

It's like if I saw a car crash and said "I knew the car would crash!".

Many Nostradamus quotes in the Internet are fake - Nostradamus didn't write in English you know! Also many books that are sold nowadays have only translations of his texts, because he wrote this some kind of mixture of French, Latin and gibberish and even used words from Greek, Italian, Spanish and Hebrew.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/predict.htm
Bottom line: A prediction that can only be interpreted after the events it supposedly foresees have occurred is not a "prediction" at all. If I could spew out a thousand vague "prophecies" and not have to explain what they meant until after the events they supposedly predicted had occurred, I'm sure I could manage a pretty impressive record for accuracy too.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:38 pm

Those 9/11 predictions, I think, just hoaxes, and so were many of his quatrains.

I think, as I stated before, that a part of his predictions were based on pure common sense, foresight&assumption. He probably was one of those rare individuals that could figure people out. For example, when he predicted Queen Catherine Medici would outlive all her many children, perhaps he instinctively knew children growing up in a disruptive household where adultery, domestic abuse&hypocrisy runs rampant, that the children would be the ones reaping the misery.
There were lots of predictions based on this type of foresight. He, as a scientist, probably knew the cycles of nature&as a philosopher, knew the cycles of society.
And, being a spiritual man, as well, Nostra probably read the books of Prophecy in the Bible&gave his spin on them in his quatrains.

As skeptics point out, the predictions for the most part are very general&many Historical events can be applied to some of them.
However, the quatrains about Hitler(as many believe)are very interesting.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:24 am

Yeah Dream Theater's Live Scenes from NY still remains as the best prediction of WTC. Makes you feel a bit freaked when thinking about it eh?

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:53 pm

Jaakko wrote:Yeah Dream Theater's Live Scenes from NY still remains as the best prediction of WTC. Makes you feel a bit freaked when thinking about it eh?
I can say the same for Slayer's God hates Us All album, which got released here a day after it happened (as if it was meant to be).
When I read the lyrics of Disciple, it instantly reminded me of what I saw the day before and most part of the aftermath came true as well.
That was a terrible coincidence as well, maybe they too had a sense of foresight...

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:53 pm

Mostly those prophercies were in completely random order, when compared to these "prophercies" that were affiliated with the Twin Towers etc. They just glued pieces together, and partially made up interpretations so that they fit pretty much every event in world history.

Shit will continue to fall on earth, and Nostradamus will keep on bullshitting everyone beyond the grave. Over and over again.

If you read prophecies the way they should be read, you can see that probably 99% of them are bogus. No reference to real events whatsoever. Rest is just a occurrence.

How about Team America - World Police -comedy film then? It came out in theaters about the same time as the Tsunami hit Thailand, and it featured a scene where flood swallowed a city whole and peoples corpses were floating around, people trying to hang on to railings and getting hit by debris. I think that was a peculiar one. It happens...

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:15 pm

simmartin wrote:"From the skies shall come the powerfull kind before and after the mars reigns at will not far from the great age of Millenium buried ones shall come out of their graves" Nostradamus: Century X:72.74 -- TwinTowers...
Well... What's the connection with mars and the buried ones which will come out of their graves? :?
"There shall be heard in the air the noise of weapons and in the same year the divines shall be enemies." -- Tsunami...
And what's the connection with the Tsunami? :?

I think both of them are refering to something else, haven't happened yet... ;)
Insurrection!

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 pm

Latuman wrote:Mostly those prophercies were in completely random order, when compared to these "prophercies" that were affiliated with the Twin Towers etc. They just glued pieces together, and partially made up interpretations so that they fit pretty much every event in world history.

Shit will continue to fall on earth, and Nostradamus will keep on bullshitting everyone beyond the grave. Over and over again.

If you read prophecies the way they should be read, you can see that probably 99% of them are bogus. No reference to real events whatsoever. Rest is just a occurrence.

How about Team America - World Police -comedy film then? It came out in theaters about the same time as the Tsunami hit Thailand, and it featured a scene where flood swallowed a city whole and peoples corpses were floating around, people trying to hang on to railings and getting hit by debris. I think that was a peculiar one. It happens...
Huh...

Team America was created by the same two guys who created South Park, so...

:shock:

Deep shit, we are in.

:wink:
perkele

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:30 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:
Huh...

Team America was created by the same two guys who created South Park, so...
Yeah, point?

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:45 pm

Hi!

I remembered TT sent an email regarding Nostradamus and the WTC disaster to the Stratovarius' yahoogroups list on Sep 13th, 2001. I happened to find it (good thing I haven't deleted my old emails :wink: ):

It is very difficult to believe how the alleged prophecy of Nostradamus
could be true.
First of all because he died already 1566 and so therefore it would
have been very difficult to come up with a prophecy 1654.

Secondly because if we assume that we can foresee the future, it must
mean that all the events of the universe should be predestined, ie. they
have been decided by somebody else who has created the universe.
And if it would be like this, it would mean that we are just puppets here.
And I don´t think it is like this.

But this is yet another example how far human being is ready to go.

They were TT words! 8)
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:05 am

(1318+12)

Well, just the read the lines of Destiny:
"You control your life."

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:54 am

Beast_Pete wrote:(1318+12)

"You control your life."
"But don't forget your Destiny..."
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:(1318+12)

"You control your life."
"But don't forget your Destiny..."
Its like a contradiction ???

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:23 am

So please wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Some researchers said that Nostradamus could had smoke pot... 8)

Seriously, his "prophecies" are really interesting...sure everybody can understand what they want, or give different interpretations or meanings to them...but...who know...

Conclusion: You want to try to really understand something? Wanna your mind to fly to others galaxies and realities? Smoke pot. :bandit:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:15 pm

khamael wrote:So please wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Some researchers said that Nostradamus could had smoke pot... 8)

Seriously, his "prophecies" are really interesting...sure everybody can understand what they want, or give different interpretations or meanings to them...but...who know...

Conclusion: You want to try to really understand something? Wanna your mind to fly to others galaxies and realities? Smoke pot. :bandit:

Really? :? I've smoked pot a few times&all it does is make me horny ??? :err: No Visions, or other realities, but the part about going up to another galaxy(so to speak)is true. :red: But, that happens even without pot! :D

Like I said, on that movie Nostradamus was portrayed as a very cool dude! ;) But, I bet in reality he was not really that good-looking as the actor! :)

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:07 pm

(1342+12)

I think, that Destiny is something like a big country of roads and junctions. When you are facing a junction, then you have to choose from several roads. But sometimes, we are not the ones to choose, but the other people.