Complete Argentina-Brazil Gigs Review

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Dawn_is_Here
Complete Argentina-Brazil Gigs Review

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi everybody!

I know it's late and some of you have already read this review at Myspace or thoer forums, but as not everybody did and this forum is visited for a lot of Strato fans, we (Cristiane and I) wanted to post here our reviews of the Strato gigs & meetings as well as some pics. I hope you enjoy. :-)

We (Criss, Leda, my boyfriend and me) traveled to Argentina to see the Strato gigs in Buenos Aires on Oct 11th and 12th. First we met Jens and TT to have lunch, it was really nice to see them again after a year, and they were in good mood and funny as always, Jens started to scream "I want to f**k your dog" in many spanish ways :lol: The poor waitress was really ashamed :lol: . Then we greeted the other guys briefly as they all had to leave for soundchecking, so we'd meet them again later after the gig.

The first gig on the 11th went very good, the place wasn't too crowded because it was on a Wednesday night, but still the place was full of Strato fans. Doro opened up the night, and she proved once again she's the metal Goddess, that woman rocks! Then Stratovarius started at 21:30. The setlist was:

Hunting High and Low
Speed of Light
The Kiss of Judas
SOS
Distant Skies
The Abyss of Your Eyes
Bass solo - Lauri Porra
A Million Lightyears Away
Visions
Phoenix
Will My Soul Ever Rest in Peace?
Eagleheart
Father Time
-----------
Hymn of Joy
Forever
Paradise
Black Diamond

After the show, we had pizza & some beers with Jens and then hanged out with the guys at Irish Pub, where Doro band and crew, and also Anathema band were there. Great night! We stayed there until the sun rised! :evil:

On thursday's gig, the setlist was pretty the same, except they didn't played Distant Skies, but Against the Wind instead, and they also included Twilight Symphony. It was amazing how the crowd reacted, the public was totally given to Strato, jumping and singing and shouting, you could feel the excitement and hapiness in the air, and we were totally a part of it! :D

After the show, we went to Roxxy club, a good place to have some drinks and even dance with 80's hard rock music, really nice! The next day we flew to Sao Paulo.

At Live N Louder Festival we met Israel (Stragovarius) and we had such a good time! We arrived when Doro was playing, then it came Nevermore, Sepultura, André Matos and finally, Stratovarius! But it started messed up, as before the show started, the crew was having problems with the monitoring sound, and they had to start playing without monitors at all, up to the fifth song! But they did their best to play amazingly good considering they weren't hearing to themselves at all! :shock: The set list was sort of short because they had less time for playing in the festival:

Hunting High And Low
Speed of light
Kiss of Judas
Phoenix
Abyss of Your Eyes
Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace
Million Light Years Away
Against the Wind
Eagleheart
Father time
Forever
Paradise
Black Diamond

Then it came David Lee Roth, what an amazing show performing Van Halen and his own classic songs! A great showman and great musicians!

After the festival was over, we went to party again, enjoying free beer all night thanks to Strago :roll: Some guys went to sleep earlier and others, well, had breakfast right there as it was already time for it :crazy2:

On sunday, we met the guys for a nice talk after lunch and then we went together to dinner, where we had tons of meat and a nice soccer conversation. Oh, and a weird red wine :crazy2:

The farewell was touchy, we thanked each one of them for sharing their time with us and for their wonderful music and kindness...

These were our 5 amazing days with Stratovarius!
:)

I know I've already posted some of these pics in some other threads, but there's no harm on repeating them :D

Rock On!

Uli & Criss

PS: Any other fan who had gone to these gigs is free to add their reviews and pics here... we haven't seen any from the Live N Louder Festival yet (crappy camera batteries) :cry:
Drugs aren’t metal. Beer, however, can be served in all kinds of true metal ways. :D

Cristiane

Re: Complete Argentina-Brazil Gigs Review

Post by Cristiane » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:07 pm

You know, I would really have taken some pics with my camera, if my batteries weren’t STOLEN! :x from my suitcase in that fucking airport in Argentina... damn, I’m going to complain about that forever!
I’m not only even more pissed off about that because I had a great time in there and back to Brazil too.

Anyone took pics from the Live n Louder festival to post here, huh? :D
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:39 am

Hi!

I found some pics from Live N Louder!

Rock On!
Drugs aren’t metal. Beer, however, can be served in all kinds of true metal ways. :D

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:48 pm

These are fantastic , @Dawn :D Thank you !

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:44 pm

Excellent photos. You could put the TK ones to Kotipelto-forum too. I´m sure there are ppl who like them! :P
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:35 am

Yes. Very nice photos...
Here I'm Waiting that I can get own photos of Stratovarius! :roll:
Meikä Ankka

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:36 am

Great pics and wonderful story too!

Do I see Tolkki wearing an Anaheim Angels shirt in the restaurant pic?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:43 pm

Great Topic, ladies! :headbang:

Is Lauri singing in that pic? ??? :D
I am glad to see you guys had so much fun. Its catching. I almost feel like I was there, too! :music:

Thanks again! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Yes ! Lauri does a lot of backing vocals on stage . :wink:

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:02 pm

I'm there just temporary because i've a lot of problems of connection with internet in this moment...So i'm in a cyber café right now.

Anyway, i want to say great pictures and review Uli! Thanks for sharing them there. :)

See you soon. :wink:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:29 am

awesome! thanks for sharing!

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine