Jens to tour with Thunderstone

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
NeonVomit
Jens to tour with Thunderstone

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Blabbermouth reveals all...

Cool stuff! Chance to catch Jens in action! He's filling in for Kari Tornack who's left the band and helping the guys out with the tour. Should be a blast!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

AMBR@BEC

Re: Jens to tour with Thunderstone

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:13 pm

Yea, just read the news. Too bad about Pasi. His voice fit their sound so well. Still I would dearly love to see Thunderstone songs played by Jens with Tommi doing vocals. Sure to be a very entertaining and unique show.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:49 pm

That's great news but worst news is that they won't make gig here in Finland!
Meikä Ankka

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:41 pm

Aw crap, I really like his voice, and the keyboard player complemented the guitarist perfectly (can't remember their names, sue me...)

Any place I can check out the tour dates? I hope to see them live someday...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:51 pm

It's great thing that Jens is going to tour with those guys, but still... Pasi was one of the best singers in finland... world... I have to say it would have be nicer if there are Pasi and Kari. They are original mebers. But for luck they have good replacers
I'm hunting high and low

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:55 pm

And i'm kinda mad they wont come to Finland. I love both of them. I've always said these to bands are so underestimated, that it makes me angry
I'm hunting high and low

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:58 pm

stratoplayer wrote:Any place I can check out the tour dates? I hope to see them live someday...
It´s just European tour now. http://www.thunderstone.org/live.html
StratoTimo wrote:That's great news but worst news is that they won't make gig here in Finland!
True, you would have liked to see Tuple singing again.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:05 pm

Damnit...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Maybe they will do an extra tour for Finland? Could imagine, for it's their home-county...
but...Oh I just hope my mother lets me go there:
5.11.!!! *fall to ground*
I ... I'd just have to do about 120km
But...can't imagine my mother will allow me to go there, for it's Monday and I don't think it's during my holidays ----------------____---------------
damn -.- shit -.-
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Maybe they will do an extra tour for Finland?
Indeed, Thunderstone will be supporting Sonata Arctica in Finland late December. But there´s no mention yet who will be playing keys and doing vocs on those gigs.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

black death

Post by black death » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:33 am

03.11.2007 Masters of Rock Cafe Zlin, Czech Republic
I have the ticket for it yet :D :D :D
...although I really didn't expect to see Jens at this gig :shock: :shock: :shock:

But that's a pity that Pasi will not be there :roll:

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:43 pm

I am not sure that Tuple voice would fit perfectly to Thunderstone music because his singing is really different than Pasi's, but that is gonna be really interesting for sure!
I'm really mad because I would LOVE to see Nocturnal Rites live (and this Thunderstone line-up as well) but it's a real pity they don't tour in Finland.

Btw, pretty weird, the day before the news about Thunderstone became public, I told to my friend "Thunderstone is a good band, but totally crap live. they should change their singer". Oubs. :oops:
<b>This is wrong</b>

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:14 am

cliff wrote:I am not sure that Tuple voice would fit perfectly to Thunderstone music because his singing is really different than Pasi's, but that is gonna be really interesting for sure!
I'm really mad because I would LOVE to see Nocturnal Rites live (and this Thunderstone line-up as well) but it's a real pity they don't tour in Finland.

Btw, pretty weird, the day before the news about Thunderstone became public, I told to my friend "Thunderstone is a good band, but totally crap live. they should change their singer". Oubs. :oops:
You jinxed them! It's all your fault! :lol: jk.
I've had a similiar experience but I refuse to give the details.

Yea, too bad their not touring Finland, or here. Hopefully, they'll add on more dates. That's a great match up.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:16 pm

lol,chehe...they always obey their fans thoughts and wishes, huh? g

Öhm...but:
Is it possible that Thunderstone just has got a little part of the concert, because, I wanted to order some tickets for Nürnberg, because that's the nearest to where I live and there is this written
Nocturnal Rites Concert
(little size:) + Thunderstone
Nocturnal Rites is Powermetal as well so I think I'll go there anyway if my mother allows it but I would be interested if it's like that everywhere or just here and who will play how much and so on O_o
...because on this page I wrote it they just write about Nocturnal Rites about the band and so on, but they don't even mention Thunderstone!!
Now I am confused
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:37 pm

Thunderstone are just the supporting act, that's all.

However, I'm pretty sure a fair few Strato fans will also turn up because of Jens' part in the deal...

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Hm...could imagine, too...
my mother decided now not to let me go -.-
She said she was in this concert hall once where this will take place and on her opinion the concerthall sucks or something and now she won't let me go there...She said if something I likes will take place on a better place I may go there...
so I asked her, if I may go to wacken 2008 (with Sonata and Maiden), but not either (too far away blabla) and I may go nowhere which I would like to...
:x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:17 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Hm...could imagine, too...
She said she was in this concert hall once where this will take place and on her opinion the concerthall sucks or something and now she won't let me go there...She said if something I likes will take place on a better place I may go there...
so I asked her, if I may go to wacken 2008 (with Sonata and Maiden), but not either (too far away blabla) and I may go nowhere which I would like to...
:x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x
Yeah being young sucks sometimes, but remember, she's just doing it because she cares about you.

Doesn't make it any less annoying though...

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:43 pm

Hm...don't know if it's just that.
She says I'm guilty of her need of money and that she has to pay to much and now I want to go to a concert and yes, I just use her money and am good for nothing and so on.
This sucks -.- Think I will do some guitar playing this evening and keyboard, so maybe I will once have one band and can do my own stuff...so there's no need of her money to listen to music I like LIVE
woaaah, want to bite in wood or something :x :x :x
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Hm...could imagine, too...
I guess everybody has similar problems when he/she is young :roll:
Well, I don't know how old you are...but if you REALLY want to do something AND you are "old" enough to be able to do it (even without your parent's permission), JUST DO IT!
Years ago...I did a few times something what my parents didn't want me to do...and when they found out that nothing happened to me, that I was OK and happy :lol: that I did this and that...they stopped commanding me :D :D :D

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:29 pm

Lol, your nice encouraging me ^^
I'm 16...and I can't do without her permission, because...well I could do, if it wasn't on a day which is not weekend...because it's like this:
I would buy some bavaria ticket (17€/person to travel through bavaria for one day), go to the concert, sleep in Nürnberg (because there is no train back home at night) and return the next day (which's 17€ again, and 17€ is the Thunderstone concert, so I don't know if I had the money but that's not the biggest problem anyway) , but the next day is tuesday...so there is school and if my mother would allow me to go to this concert, she could write me some attest/excuse thing (that I am ill or something) for school, but I can't do this on my own and if I'm just gone, it would be...hm...not good
but maybe I can do what you told me next year with this Wacken festival, because it's in my holidays and if I have the money to travel there (because going out of bavaria to "schleswig holstein" where this takes place is expensive) I will just do so, if I don't need any permission of my parents or to be 18 to order the tickets.
But thanks, you're nice...this gives me some feeling like I don't always have to obey :)
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:47 am

88speedkeys

Post by 88speedkeys » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Yes the reason is here!
http://psyforumsscam.blogspot.com/2007/ ... -with.html

http://psyforumsscam.blogspot.com/2007/ ... nsson.html

:lol:

No seriously, as you will all understand this another person with the same name. It did make me laugh though... :D
I am who I am...

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Lol, your nice encouraging me ^^
I'm 16...and I can't do without her permission, because...well I could do, if it wasn't on a day which is not weekend...because it's like this:
I would buy some bavaria ticket (17€/person to travel through bavaria for one day), go to the concert, sleep in Nürnberg (because there is no train back home at night) and return the next day (which's 17€ again, and 17€ is the Thunderstone concert, so I don't know if I had the money but that's not the biggest problem anyway) , but the next day is tuesday...so there is school and if my mother would allow me to go to this concert, she could write me some attest/excuse thing (that I am ill or something) for school, but I can't do this on my own and if I'm just gone, it would be...hm...not good
but maybe I can do what you told me next year with this Wacken festival, because it's in my holidays and if I have the money to travel there (because going out of bavaria to "schleswig holstein" where this takes place is expensive) I will just do so, if I don't need any permission of my parents or to be 18 to order the tickets.
But thanks, you're nice...this gives me some feeling like I don't always have to obey :)
I'm 16, too, (and also a Bavarian ;-) ) so I'm kinda feeling with you.
These days I'm getting much freedom from my mum, she trusts me anytime.
But I guess she wouldn't allow me to go this concert, which is far away, and which would make me miss a day school.
Next monday Within Temptation are coming to Munich (not sure whether I really want to go though), and I don't know whether my mum would give me permission or not, but well, if she doesn't, it's ok then, there will be so much more bands coming another day to Munich, it doesn't matter.

Underage, as far as I know, you can only enter the Wacken festival with a person over 18. Depends on whether you have older friends.. But I wouldn't buy the tickets and go there "in secret". If I don't get permission, it's ok, I'll wait a year or two more.
black death wrote: I guess everybody has similar problems when he/she is young :roll:
Well, I don't know how old you are...but if you REALLY want to do something AND you are "old" enough to be able to do it (even without your parent's permission), JUST DO IT!
Years ago...I did a few times something what my parents didn't want me to do...and when they found out that nothing happened to me, that I was OK and happy :lol: that I did this and that...they stopped commanding me :D :D :D
I wonder what that was :-D
Spamming is serious business!

black death

Post by black death » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:52 pm

I guess this topic should be called "Jens NOT to tour with Thunderstone" :lol: .

Anyway, here are some of my photos from Saturday from Thunderstone and Nocturnal Rites gigs in the Czech Republic...
http://pogmothoin.rajce.idnes.cz/
"Cast In Silence" was the support band.

All the gigs were pretty good :headbang: , but a bit short :?

Thunderstone setlist signed by all the guys :D (although the autographs are hardly to see 'cause the marker was a bit overused):

...and this is my fav photo :lol: :lol: :lol:
...the audience must have looked really frightening :lol:

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 am

:lol: That's great. Thanks for the photos. That's one tour I would have really liked to see. Got to see Noctural Rites a few years ago at Chicago Powerfest, and they were awesome, but they've not been back since. Looking forward to the day that changes. I've seen Thunderstone a couple of times and their show was great. Hope the line-up changes didn't shake things up too much. What did you think?

beyondearcandy.com

black death

Post by black death » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:12 am

AMBR@BEC wrote:Hope the line-up changes didn't shake things up too much. What did you think?
No, not too much, they were really very very very good :D. And the audience (at least those people who I was speaking with) had the same opinion :).
Of course the singer's voice sounds different than Pasi's voice...not worse, not better, just different...but very good.
It's surely worth going to see them :D .