Zenith of Power?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
Zenith of Power?

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Was the original version of Zenith of Power longer or something? I found an 8 minute 20 second version on Youtube with a lot more stuff at the beginning.

eternity_strato

Re: Zenith of Power?

Post by eternity_strato » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Before the release of the album, that song was called "hitler", and there were many problems (even when explaining that the song was against him), because I remember interviews in which it was said that it would be the first song on the album, and the speech, which in ZoP is hidden at the end, in "this original version" is in the beginning...

Kotipelto.- "Götterdämmerung (Zenith of Power)" Esta es una canción que versa sobre Hitler, originalmente se iba a llamar así pero al final nos quedamos con el nombre actual.
http://www.rafabasa.com/index2.php?url= ... e&sid=2627

Según un artículo del diario finlandés Iltalehti, la compañía discográfica de STRATOVARIUS se niega a permitir que el grupo edite un nuevo tema que incluye un discurso grabado de Adolf Hitler. El grupo grabó hace poco la canción, titulada 'Hitler', de cara a incluirla en su próximo album. Sin embargo algunos de los ejecutivos de la rama alemana de la discográfica de la banda, Sanctuary, se oponen al contenido de la letra de la canción y amenazan con eliminarla del listado final de temas del disco. "No me rendiré con respecto a la canción", declaró Tolkki a Iltalehti. "Este es un asunto de principios. El Ministerio del Interior Alemán ha creado un departamento dedicado a prevenir que los jóvenes reciban ideología Nazi. Nuestro mánager le envió a este departamento las letras de la canción y la introducción que se usa al principio [que contiene el discurso de Hitler]. Ahora son ellos los que tienen que juzgar si es aceptable para ser editada o no. Si el Ministerio cree que esta canción no es apropiada, por supuesto que no la editaré, y grabaré una nueva versión del tema que sea aceptable. Si, por otro lado, la canción se considera 'legal', la discográfica no debería tener el derecho de limitar mi libertad de expresión." Tolkki dice que está seguro de que el Ministerio no tendrá nada en contra de la canción. "Es tan contraria a Hitler como puede serlo una canción", comentó. Como demostración, Tolkki le leyó la letra del tema al periodista de Iltalehti. En la canción se describe a Hitler como un monstruo que extiende el miedo a través del mundo. "Se tiene que hablar de estos temas", explicó Tolkki. Tolkki comentó que está interesado por la literatura relacionada con Hitler desde hace tiempo. "Me ha interesado Hitler desde que era un adolescente", dijo. "Hasta donde puedo decir, todos los niños son inocentes cuando llegan a este mundo. Me interesa averiguar qué es lo que sucede para que un niño inocente se vuelva alguien del tipo de Hitler". Tolkki afirmó que no sabe aún cuánto tiempo tardará el Ministerio del Interior Alemán en tomar una decisión con respecto a la canción. Sin embargo cree que esto no retrasará la creación del nuevo album del grupo. "Esto no debería afectar [al proceso de grabación para el nuevo disco]", afirmó con confianza. "Creo que nos darán permiso para editar la canción tal y como está. [Este asunto es algo] de lo que debes poder hablar".
http://www.rafabasa.com/index2.php?url= ... e&sid=2102

Quoted from the webs indicated. (if anyone would like to translate to english...)

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 pm

^^ Can I have that same in English?
Meikä Ankka

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:56 pm

If nobody translates it until tomorrow, I'll do that.

@Rebel: The version you found is the demo song, the video is the work of a fan.
Spamming is serious business!

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:31 pm

Dave wrote:If nobody translates it until tomorrow, I'll do that.

@Rebel: The version you found is the demo song, the video is the work of a fan.
Thanks... And If I remember correctly, T.T (is it me :D) likes also that video of fan!
Meikä Ankka

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:08 pm

Apart from what the text and the song is about...
for it's called (next to Zenith of Power) "Götterdämmerung" I wondered:
Can Stratovarius speak german O_o (if so: why did they learn THIS language O_o wouldn't learn it if I was from another country O_o)
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:10 pm

Well the drummer is a german, so i guess it's just.. obvious that he can speak german. And Hitler was a german, too, in case you didn't know.

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:21 am

Dave wrote:Well the drummer is a german, so i guess it's just.. obvious that he can speak german. And Hitler was a german, too, in case you didn't know.
in fact, Hitler was an Austria, not a German, but I see what you meant, a german speaker :)
Pretty weird that I have heard few really-dumb people saying that german people are monsters because Hitler was german, coz he was not german. Besides, most of the german people at that time didn't have any clue about what was going on for real, the camp and stuffs. Ah, definitely the sadest part of the History. :cry:
<b>This is wrong</b>

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:53 pm

cliff wrote:
Dave wrote:Well the drummer is a german, so i guess it's just.. obvious that he can speak german. And Hitler was a german, too, in case you didn't know.
in fact, Hitler was an Austria, not a German, but I see what you meant, a german speaker :)
Pretty weird that I have heard few really-dumb people saying that german people are monsters because Hitler was german, coz he was not german. Besides, most of the german people at that time didn't have any clue about what was going on for real, the camp and stuffs. Ah, definitely the sadest part of the History. :cry:
The whole 3rd Reich phenomenon should be studied over and over again.
It is the best piece of evidence of destructive forces in man and what they are capable of achieving. It is not enough that the facts are repeated in the schools. It is important to understand WHY it happend and HOW and also HOW it can be prevented happening again. Adolf Hitler was just one guy in whom manifested the feelings and longings of German people at that time.
Everybody who was cheering for Hitler was at the same time approving his racism. He was never hiding it. In fact, he openly writes in Mein Kampf that the Jews should be exterminated. This is 10 years before he even became the dictator of Germany. And it´s a prime example of blind sheep following and longing for the sheperd to tell them what to do. Since we are brought up the authoritarian way and with fear of punishment, we are looking for authority figures all our lives.

88speedkeys

Post by 88speedkeys » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Slightly off-topic... but at this very moment a discussion is going on here in the Netherlands wether or not you should be able to buy 'mein kampf' in bookstores. You can understand this has led to some serious discussions....
I am who I am...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Apart from what the text and the song is about...
for it's called (next to Zenith of Power) "Götterdämmerung" I wondered:
Can Stratovarius speak german O_o (if so: why did they learn THIS language O_o wouldn't learn it if I was from another country O_o)
Jorg Michael is German. Plus their record labels have always been German, and it is a similar language to Swedish, which I presume the other 4 band members speak (Jens being Swedish, and Swedish being widely spoken in Finland).
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:02 pm

Not that widely. 5 % of the population speak Swedish as their mother tounge. Swedish is obligatory in school, but quite few learn it well enough to speak it fluently or to read a Swedish novel.

The Swedish speaking population is spread along the west coast (Ostrobothnia) and the south coast.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:06 pm

88speedkeys wrote:Slightly off-topic... but at this very moment a discussion is going on here in the Netherlands wether or not you should be able to buy 'mein kampf' in bookstores. You can understand this has led to some serious discussions....
Of course it should be in the stores. Right-wing extremism and racism is not dealt with with sweeping all this nazi crap under the carpet and jailing Holocaust-deniers.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:33 pm

88speedkeys wrote:Slightly off-topic... but at this very moment a discussion is going on here in the Netherlands wether or not you should be able to buy 'mein kampf' in bookstores. You can understand this has led to some serious discussions....
More off-topic: Isn't there also a discussion about prohibiting the Qur'an in the Netherlands ?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:15 am

Dave wrote:
More off-topic: Isn't there also a discussion about prohibiting the Qur'an in the Netherlands ?
So much for religious freedom, then.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:22 pm

NeonVomit wrote:So much for religious freedom, then.
So much for freedom of speech in Europe- the capitulation is well under way in Brussels. ;)

brusselsjournal.com/node/2440
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:37 pm

*coughpatriotactcough*

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:48 pm

miditek wrote: So much for freedom of speech in Europe- the capitulation is well under way in Brussels. ;)

EU freedom of speech != US freedom of speech..

it's just one of those "tomayto/tomaahtoe" things. :)

I think this one is a case of a party (VB) who wants more Flemish independence tacking their cause onto an anti-islamization rally. Of course, much hilarity ensues to everyone's amusement as the cameras roll....

Flemish is some sort of weird dutch language minority, or is it majority, who knows, who cares... well some people probably do.. anyway, it's all in Belgium... who cares about Belgium anyway, it's some stamp-sized place armies generally just march thru on the way to France, or on the way back towards Russia, and the only thing they do there is make waffles, coal and guns... oh wait, fuck, the EU seat is in Brussels which is in Belgium! Or should I spell that Bruxelles.

Fuck.. why'd they have to put it there. Well, maybe in 1952 when they made the coal-steel union it was the only major city which still had buildings. Actually, coal-steel, makes sense. They should have called it coal-steel-waffle union and it would have been perfect, but hey, buildings which weren't rubble, and two out of three... not too shabby.

(Note to any Belgian readers: please don't shoot me, put coal in my stocking or smother me with waffles, actually i have nothing against your country, or the kind and generous people of your country, nor against the excellent but slightly cold and damp Hof Ter Loo venue, nor against your excellent well-illuminated motorways, guns, coal and yummy yummy waffles)
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

Belgian Liberation Front

Post by Belgian Liberation Front » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:07 pm

JensJohansson wrote: who cares about Belgium anyway, it's some stamp-sized place
You have defamed our sacred Belgium!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x For this you will surely die like a dog. We have issued a Fatwa with a reward of 200 waffles with a cherry on top and a bottomless cup of whipped cream.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Belgian Liberation Front wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: who cares about Belgium anyway, it's some stamp-sized place
You have defamed our sacred Belgium!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x For this you will surely die like a dog. We have issued a Fatwa with a reward of 200 waffles with a cherry on top and a bottomless cup of whipped cream.
Allahu Akbar!
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:48 pm

You still need to issue guns for the man hunt and coal to keep warm and burn him! :P
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:17 pm

Shurik wrote:
Allahu Akbar!
http://www.abcnews.go.com/International ... 577&page=1

Lars Vilks: google news => 344 results! Instant fame! :)

Lars' comment in sydsvenskan on the price:

Q: What do you think about the 100000 dollars offered for your life?
A: Considering what works of art go for nowadays, that's pretty cheap for an entire artist.

But on the ABC site he is quoted thusly:

"I was a little disappointed by the low price on my head," he said, adding that the reward should be "a million" at least. "Al Qaeda is poor these days."

Lars is a well known southern sweden crazyman artist. 6 months ago I only vaguely knew of him as a nutjob who made giant tree sculptures in the middle of nowhere.. and who also considered the inevitable correspondence with the authorities regarding these part of the artwork.

His latest piece of art is a global hit! A culture mash-up (rondellhundar and al-Qaida.... rondellhund is a bit difficult to translate, you almost have to be swedish to understand how retarded all this is :lol:)
Jens.

"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

black death

Post by black death » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:17 pm

JensJohansson wrote:His latest piece of art is a global hit! A culture mash-up (rondellhundar and al-Qaida.... rondellhund is a bit difficult to translate, you almost have to be swedish to understand how retarded all this is :lol:)
I like these cartoons :D . But Prophet Mohammed must be turning over in his grave if he can see what everything is (was) going on around it :?

88speedkeys

Post by 88speedkeys » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:05 am

Yes, by a small minority. That will never happen. As in matter of fact, it seemed that trying to get 'mein kampf' back in the stores was some sort of reaction against this minority that wants to prohibit the Qur'an. Please don't ask me for the real logic behind it.
Of course it should be in the stores. Right-wing extremism and racism is not dealt with with sweeping all this nazi crap under the carpet and jailing Holocaust-deniers.
That's how I think about it as well...
I am who I am...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
miditek wrote: So much for freedom of speech in Europe- the capitulation is well under way in Brussels. ;)

EU freedom of speech != US freedom of speech..

it's just one of those "tomayto/tomaahtoe" things. :)

I think this one is a case of a party (VB) who wants more Flemish independence tacking their cause onto an anti-islamization rally. Of course, much hilarity ensues to everyone's amusement as the cameras roll....

Flemish is some sort of weird dutch language minority, or is it majority, who knows, who cares... well some people probably do.. anyway, it's all in Belgium... who cares about Belgium anyway, it's some stamp-sized place armies generally just march thru on the way to France, or on the way back towards Russia, and the only thing they do there is make waffles, coal and guns... oh wait, fuck, the EU seat is in Brussels which is in Belgium! Or should I spell that Bruxelles.

Fuck.. why'd they have to put it there. Well, maybe in 1952 when they made the coal-steel union it was the only major city which still had buildings. Actually, coal-steel, makes sense. They should have called it coal-steel-waffle union and it would have been perfect, but hey, buildings which weren't rubble, and two out of three... not too shabby.

(Note to any Belgian readers: please don't shoot me, put coal in my stocking or smother me with waffles, actually i have nothing against your country, or the kind and generous people of your country, nor against the excellent but slightly cold and damp Hof Ter Loo venue, nor against your excellent well-illuminated motorways, guns, coal and yummy yummy waffles)
Oh, as much as our fearless four year old...
erm...
leader...
wants, they can't take away freedom of speech.
It's not restricted over here just yet!