STRATOVARIUS LIVE DVD (MILANO AND SAO PAULO)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
painkiller79
Re: STRATOVARIUS LIVE DVD (MILANO AND SAO PAULO)

Post by painkiller79 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:16 am

THIS is the best news since the rights were transferred and everything started rolling again for Stratovarius, my heroes since 1995. Seen them live 11 times between 1996 - 2006 and a live DVD release has been most overdue to say the least. NOW the time has come at last! Hopefully ALL these shows on the list will be released, THAT is how much I want live releases from this band!

For the record: the song "Eternity" still represents the ultimate peak in Stratovarius power and it has kept me going through pretty rough times so please include a show in which you play this song, OK?
P.A.I.N.K.I.L.L.E.R.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 am

I think with a 2 DVD Set and without extras that would be possiple.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:04 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Kmasters wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Imagine Father Time or Speed of Light live with such a power!
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!
From Wacken 2005 is imposible to get that songs because that show of Stratovarius is probably the most short of the band they only play 3 Maniac Dance - Hunting High and low and Black Diamond this show was the surprise act of the Wacken 2005 i have the 2007 Version of father time enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZES0QbtAbiI
Sorry, but the Wacken 2007 gig is lame.

Sad that they only played 3 songs.
Yeah i don't like show too i also found in youtube the whole Wacken 2003 gig audience shoot but unfortunately the show was deleted

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 am

I watched the Wacken 07 gig and I'm sorry to say that, but I think Kotipelto is at his worst in that gig. Especialy Eagleheart. But I guess everybody has his bad day.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:59 am

Ragehead91 wrote:I watched the Wacken 07 gig and I'm sorry to say that, but I think Kotipelto is at his worst in that gig. Especialy Eagleheart. But I guess everybody has his bad day.
Complete Show or only Videos

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:10 am

Kmasters wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:I watched the Wacken 07 gig and I'm sorry to say that, but I think Kotipelto is at his worst in that gig. Especialy Eagleheart. But I guess everybody has his bad day.
Complete Show or only Videos
I watched all videos I could find. And I really think Kotipelto had a bad day.

And the made up lyrics from Last Night on Earth are funny.

strato asakki

Post by strato asakki » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 am

This is really awesome. Stratovarius live mastres of rock 2007.. voice is really awesome.. i like :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vgq6kM2Wjg

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:00 am

Okay, the Intro was very weird. The band kicks in and it seems like Tolkkis guitar ain't working. I know you can't play the HHaL Intro exactly like on the album, but still.

strato asakki

Post by strato asakki » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:37 am

eagleheart is too awesome gig.. much more better than wacken 2007..

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:36 am

Yeah. Actually the whole Wacken gig was a bit weird. I guess that had something to do with the tensions inside the band.

Stratosfear

Post by Stratosfear » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:43 pm

JensJohansson wrote:We are planning to some day release DVDs from both the concerts you mention, and other concerts too from those days. These are the possibilities:
Any possibilities to use older material:

* Tampere, Tulliklubi, Finland - 1992 (I don't know how many songs YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] filmed)

* Helsinki, Tavastia klubi, Finland - 199? (Band performed one song for YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] Lista [music chart show])

* MTV3: Jyrki, Finland - 20 October 1998 (Finnish commercial television station MTV3)

* Helsinki, Tavastia klubi, Finland - 31 March 1999 (YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] filmed whole show)

* Seinäjoki, Provinssirock Festival, Finland - 20 June 1999 (YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] filmed whole show)

* YLE TV2: Ylen hyvä [charity show], Finland - 27 October 2005 (Band performed The Land of Ice and Snow and United for YLE TV2 [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation])

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:42 am

that show in milano 2003 is the shit!!! the set list is pure gold from all the strato albums
A9

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vgq6kM2 ... re=related Awesome

I prefer this show more than wacken 2007

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 am

How about adding a show with Matius and making it a 3DVD set? I was just thinking because TT's not in the band anymore, that it would be somehow...strange. But with one newer gig on it it wouldn't be that strange.
(I think it would be cool too, one disc with the new logo, one with the older, and one with the first one.)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

exe knight wrote:How about adding a show with Matius and making it a 3DVD set? I was just thinking because TT's not in the band anymore, that it would be somehow...strange. But with one newer gig on it it wouldn't be that strange.
(I think it would be cool too, one disc with the new logo, one with the older, and one with the first one.)
That would be great. One Disc with Old Stratovarius (1989-1994), one disk when Kotipelto joined (1995-2007) and one with Matias (2009).

Fed123

Post by Fed123 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 am

There's someting new about tose amazing DVDs?? *__*
Sao Paulo 2005 is AMAZING!!!!!! *__*

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
exe knight wrote:How about adding a show with Matius and making it a 3DVD set? I was just thinking because TT's not in the band anymore, that it would be somehow...strange. But with one newer gig on it it wouldn't be that strange.
That would be great. One Disc with Old Stratovarius (1989-1994), one disk when Kotipelto joined (1995-2007) and one with Matias (2009).
100+ It could be awesome to see gigs on that time when TK wasnt there yet. That 3DVD idea would be amaizing! It would be great to hear matias's in the quitar :)

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:45 pm

A 3DVD Set would be Awesome to me should get:

First DVD: Milan 2003
Second DVD: Show With Matias
Third DVD: Festival Show (Wacken 2003) and Backstage tour ETC.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Kmasters wrote:A 3DVD Set would be Awesome to me should get:

Why two 2003 shows? I think the concept of 1 Pre-Kotipelto show (1989-1994), One Koripelto-Era show (1995-2007) and one Matias Era Show (2009 I guess) is better.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:

Why two 2003 shows? I think the concept of 1 Pre-Kotipelto show (1989-1994), One Koripelto-Era show (1995-2007) and one Matias Era Show (2009 I guess) is better.

Honestly, if Tolkki were still in the band, sure, this would be great, but the band really doesn't have any business releasing shows they didn't play in. Maybe a show with Antti and Tuomo still in the band, but TK on vocals, but Tolkki Vocal era stuff would be wrong.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Stratosfear wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:We are planning to some day release DVDs from both the concerts you mention, and other concerts too from those days. These are the possibilities:
Any possibilities to use older material:

* Tampere, Tulliklubi, Finland - 1992 (I don't know how many songs YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] filmed)

* Helsinki, Tavastia klubi, Finland - 199? (Band performed one song for YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] Lista [music chart show])

* MTV3: Jyrki, Finland - 20 October 1998 (Finnish commercial television station MTV3)

* Helsinki, Tavastia klubi, Finland - 31 March 1999 (YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] filmed whole show)

* Seinäjoki, Provinssirock Festival, Finland - 20 June 1999 (YLE [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation] filmed whole show)

* YLE TV2: Ylen hyvä [charity show], Finland - 27 October 2005 (Band performed The Land of Ice and Snow and United for YLE TV2 [Finnish Broadcasting Corporation])
On my old computer, I grabbed a disco torrent with an album called "Jyrkis Destiny" on it, most likely the 1998 Jyrki show on it, the sound quality was awful.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

Honestly, if Tolkki were still in the band, sure, this would be great, but the band really doesn't have any business releasing shows they didn't play in. Maybe a show with Antti and Tuomo still in the band, but TK on vocals, but Tolkki Vocal era stuff would be wrong.
Why? Why would it be boring? Please explain that to me! Until this day the band never released ANY good-quality footage of that Era! I would LOVE to see a good-quality concert recorded during the Twilight Time or Dreamspace tour!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

Why? Why would it be boring? Please explain that to me! Until this day the band never released ANY good-quality footage of that Era! I would LOVE to see a good-quality concert recorded during the Twilight Time or Dreamspace tour!
I didn't say boring, I want to hear that too. But A. Dreamspace tour was a sham, as TK was hired immediately after the album release almost. And B. Stratovarius is Jens Johansson, Timo Kotipelto, Jorg Michael, (And to a lesser extent, Lauri and Matias) None of them played on any of those shows, it just doesn't make any sense. Dreamspace tour (With TK on vocals) is acceptable, but even though they have the rights, it would just be wrong. They're two different bands in reality.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

I didn't say boring, I want to hear that too. But A. Dreamspace tour was a sham, as TK was hired immediately after the album release almost. And B. Stratovarius is Jens Johansson, Timo Kotipelto, Jorg Michael, (And to a lesser extent, Lauri and Matias) None of them played on any of those shows, it just doesn't make any sense. Dreamspace tour (With TK on vocals) is acceptable, but even though they have the rights, it would just be wrong. They're two different bands in reality.
No, No and No. They are not 2 different bands. There is only 1 Band. And this is Stratovarius. The band went through Line-Ups changes, but there is still only one Stratovarius. Don't give me "they're not Strato anymore" bullshit. There is nothing wrong with releasing those shows if footage exists. They have the right to do so and I'm sure a lot of Fans would like to see it. It makes a lot of sense since the Tolkki era is a time a lot of fans are interessted in because the only footage released were the albums, the bootlags and bootleged low-quality Videos from that time. It would be great to get a good quality show.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

No, No and No. They are not 2 different bands. There is only 1 Band. And this is Stratovarius. The band went through Line-Ups changes, but there is still only one Stratovarius. Don't give me "they're not Strato anymore" bullshit. There is nothing wrong with releasing those shows if footage exists. They have the right to do so and I'm sure a lot of Fans would like to see it. It makes a lot of sense since the Tolkki era is a time a lot of fans are interessted in because the only footage released were the albums, the bootlags and bootleged low-quality Videos from that time. It would be great to get a good quality show.
They ARE Strato, but they're not THAT Strato. I want them just as much as the next guy, probably more, but still. If that material is to be released, it needs to be by the musicians who actually made that music.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

They ARE Strato, but they're not THAT Strato. I want them just as much as the next guy, probably more, but still. If that material is to be released, it needs to be by the musicians who actually made that music.
WHY? Tolkki left the band on his own will! He gave the rights away! He screwed himself! And "THAT" and "THIS" Strato doesn't exist. There is only ONE Stratovarius. This ONE Stratovarius went through Line-Up changes but there is still only ONE Stratovarius. The Stratoguys have all the right to use this footage!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Do they even have the footage? All they have the rights to is the albums themselves (Fright Night, II/Twilight Time and Dreamspace) not necessarily live footage (If any professionally recorded footage exists)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:23 pm

I think the "contract" that Tolkki signed said that the rights include the rights to everything Stratovarius recorded. Albums, Live-Albums, Video-footage.

And I dunno if it exists.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I think the "contract" that Tolkki signed said that the rights include the rights to everything Stratovarius recorded. Albums, Live-Albums, Video-footage.

I think it's just an ethical issue, I think if Stratovarius wanted to make freely available HQ footage of Dreamspace concerts, fine, go right ahead, but if they released footage they had nothing to do with on a live DVD, basically they'd just be taking money from a crazy man.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:I think the "contract" that Tolkki signed said that the rights include the rights to everything Stratovarius recorded. Albums, Live-Albums, Video-footage.

I think it's just an ethical issue, I think if Stratovarius wanted to make freely available HQ footage of Dreamspace concerts, fine, go right ahead, but if they released footage they had nothing to do with on a live DVD, basically they'd just be taking money from a crazy man.
So what? He'll also get some money for it. And again, they hav EVERY right to release that stuff after all that Tolkki did. Tolkki screwed himself out of the band.