Sad news about Revolution Renaissance

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
NeverendingAbyss
Re: Sad news about Revolution Renaissance

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 am

Hector Leonardo wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Hector Leonardo! Tell me- What happens if Pinoccio says "My nose will grow"?
His cock will shrink?
Welcome to the forum! You are now a full member.
With your complementary membership you get to visit Flames and Chaos section.
Meet the most beautiful women in the internets! :)

Hector Leonardo

Post by Hector Leonardo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:55 am

adrian9 wrote:
Hector Leonardo wrote:
adrian9 wrote:I dont know if this comparison is valid, but this is pretty much like when Roger Waters left pink floyd, he didnt what , gilmour, manson and wright to keep calling themselves pink floyd?? WHY the hell not?!? you quit!! we didnt!! and after some awesome albums released by the floyd without waters, we went on and talk shit about they former bandmates music and always pic on gilmour, this went on for a couple of years eventyally a reunion here and there. in the end this is all rotten music bussiness.
It's a good comparison, although they actually went to court and the result as I remember it was very complicated. I don't know who owned the Pink Floyd name, but Tolkki gave the name Stratovarius to his ex bandmates without any legal hassle.
I have always liked Roger Waters much more than Gilmour, who is a wimpy kind of composer with not much to say.
you are on drugs.., "on a island" is a brutal record, and that rock opera of waters..I dont recall the name right now....is so bad and pointless, I dont know why rockers who succeed in a band think they can do better alone. they NEVER do better alone. no even paul mc cartney did, what are the chances anyone can?
When Gilmour is able to write something like "The Wall", then he can call it Pink Floyd. He just lacks the depth and the sense of concept that always was the main strenght of Pink Floyd. Sort of a wannabee wimpy Waters. And extremely bitter wimpy Waters it seems.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 am

Hector Leonardo wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Hector Leonardo! Tell me- What happens if Pinoccio says "My nose will grow"?
His cock will shrink?
Dear Priapus, he's one of us :shock: :lol: :rotflmao1:
NEA wrote: Welcome to the forum! You are now a full member.
With your complementary membership you get to visit Flames and Chaos section.
Meet the most beautiful women in the internets! :)
Yeah- too bad they're all dolls :roll: :lol: :lol:

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:39 am

The dolls are quite cool. 8)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:50 am

Yeah well momentary lapse of reason and the division bell sold millions more then any of Roger Waters solo records, so who's the one laughing?

Secondly I'm not attacking anyone but why are several people getting butt hurt about others observations on Tolkki, the fact is he has been making some very strange decisions lately and his career has been suffering because of it.
Don't get me wrong here I love Tolkki's music and I wish him well but you can't justify to me all that's been done already, I also find it hilarious that it's a sin to say anything about Tolkki yet Kotipelto is fair game, he has many fans too you know, me being one of them.

As far what the future holds for Stratovarius I think they will continue to make albums for many years to come because I believe they are all talented individually, Stratovarius is a BAND not one person.
metal feeds the beast

Hector Leonardo

Post by Hector Leonardo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 am

Yeah well momentary lapse of reason and the division bell sold millions more then any of Roger Waters solo records, so who's the one laughing?
I'm sure they are all laughing :)
If you measure artistic success with sales figures, then sure. I certainly don't.
Secondly I'm not attacking anyone but why are several people getting butt hurt about others observations on Tolkki, the fact is he has been making some very strange decisions lately and his career has been suffering because of it.
That's one of the funniest things in this. To me he hasn't done any strange decisions lately. If you mean disbanding (sic) the RR, then I think that is not a strange decision at all if you really think about it.
Don't get me wrong here I love Tolkki's music and I wish him well but you can't justify to me all that's been done already, I also find it hilarious that it's a sin to say anything about Tolkki yet Kotipelto is fair game, he has many fans too you know, me being one of them.
:) Well I guess we people just comment from our perspectives. To me it seems a crime to say anything positive about Tolkki :)
As far what the future holds for Stratovarius I think they will continue to make albums for many years to come because I believe they are all talented individually, Stratovarius is a BAND not one person.
I'm sure they will. For how long, we don't really know.
I think Stratovarius has always been a band, even when Tolkki was in it. Or can you blame the quality of the records and songs when he was in the band? :)

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Can you tell me who is telling you that people can't be free to say whatever they want about Polaris? The only thing I'm saying and I think you don't want to understand, is that if a fan says that, nothing more happens, just some discussion in a topic. But if TT says that, is clear that everybody is gonna feel that he is trying to get some attention and that is bashing Stratovarius. Tell me where I said that he can't have his opinion about Polaris, tell me. I just said that of course he is free to say his opinion and make his own review as he did in RR forum, but using the words he used to describe his opinion and being TT it's clear that he created a bad environment. Mainly against himself. So, common sense was not there, was not in his words to describe the new album of the band called "Polaris", so then you have to carry with it. That's all I said.
You implied, that Tolkki dislikes Polaris, because he is bashing Kotipelto, Jens and co or he is trying to get attention. Have you ever thought, that Tolkki's opinion can be just a normal opinion?

You asked me to tell, where you said, that Tolkki can't have opinion about Polaris. You wrote in your porevious posts, that "tons of words against Polaris". That implies, that you are not allowing Tolkki to have negative opinion about Polaris.

I read that Tolkki's review of Polaris and there was common sense here. He didn't said, that "Polaris sucks" and "Kotipelto is an idiot", like you are implying. He criticised Polaris very matter-of-fact way. Example he said, that there was too few of guitar playing and Polaris doesn't sound like Stratovarius. I agree with him. Imo Polaris just doesn't sound like Stratovarius except some songs.
That phrase was in the context of the things we were talking about Stratovarius, in 2004. If you want to use that sentence just to distort the discussion that I was having with Hector Tolkki, I don't give a shit.
I don't want to use my words just to distort the discussion. I think, that it's you who are trying to distort the discussion. It's funny, that you are acting a "true Stratovarius" fan, althought you are writing wrong information about the band?

Why you are implying, that Hector is Tolkki. Why there can't be a fan, who defends Tolkki. Tell me why?
That is a word, slander are another things like simulate an stabbing. What are you trying to mean telling me that you know people with several mental illnesses? That you work in a mental hospital or that you are not a java bot and you are a person with his life like we all have and you know all kind of people like everybody knows?
I don't work in a mental hospital, but I just know some persons, who have some kind of mental illness. I have never met Tolkki. I'm just saying, that it's unfair to say, that "he/she has totally lost his/her mind", when some person has a mental illness.
And why do you link that with TT, reading that part of the discussion that was refering to Hector Leonardo?
Sorry, I thought that you said, that "Tolkki has lost his mind". And why Hector Leonardo doesn't have a right to defender Tolkki? How many times I have to repeat, that there's freedom of speech?
And yes, I don't like Kotipelto solo career and I don't want that they play Sleep Well, cause I don't like it at all.
Songs like Falling Star, Higher We Go and Somehow Precious sounds like Kotipelto's solo material. They would have easily fitted to all Kotipelto's solo albums.
Stratovarius is a BAND not one person.
That kind of band, where everyone in the band take part to the writing process are more than one person, but Stratovarius was one person, because that one person wrote 95 % of it's songs.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Well, this takes nowhere. So time will tell, as always.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:32 pm

for me the best solution for TT is to rejoin Stratovarius. I'm not sure if the guys want it, though 8)

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm

No.

Simply no, TT is an amazing composer and guitar player but if he would rejoin Stratovarius that would propably in a couple months time fuck up the whole band.

Hector Leonardo

Post by Hector Leonardo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:for me the best solution for TT is to rejoin Stratovarius. I'm not sure if the guys want it, though 8)
No, that will happen in 2015.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:00 pm

:lol: Better not happen.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Kosmo wrote:No.

Simply no, TT is an amazing composer and guitar player but if he would rejoin Stratovarius that would propably in a couple months time fuck up the whole band.
I think TT is much better in handle those situations now,he must realize something, after all the disasters in the past.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah, except that i think he hates TK's guts at the moment isn't that what's going on? :wink:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:for me the best solution for TT is to rejoin Stratovarius. I'm not sure if the guys want it, though 8)
He was the one who left the band...If he wants to return again after all the shits he told about them, hypocresy is the only thing that comes to my mind. Let this the way it should be, TT from one side and the Strato guys from the other: They both need that :)
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm

The only solution to this is to return to 2004 and do not make the same mistakes again, and that's impossible.

I see that very bizarre. I think it's impossible to see together again these guys, specially Kotipelto, Jörg and Tolkki. I can't see it, but who knows in the future...Anyway, I think you forget that Matias is now the guitar player of Stratovarius, and I don't see other thing happening.

There was a lot of hate, a lot of madness, a lot of bad things. The things are broken between Tolkki and the rest, and I think it's impossible to repair.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Kosmo wrote:Yeah, except that i think he hates TK's guts at the moment isn't that what's going on? :wink:
if TT hates TK too much and vice versa, then :x

I just want to listen to more of TT's music, you know. I still think that if TT didn't blow everything up, R-R would be a killer Stratovarius album.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:22 pm

I agree that TT should keep on composing and all that, just not with Strato. :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Babylonian wrote:
Can you tell me who is telling you that people can't be free to say whatever they want about Polaris? The only thing I'm saying and I think you don't want to understand, is that if a fan says that, nothing more happens, just some discussion in a topic. But if TT says that, is clear that everybody is gonna feel that he is trying to get some attention and that is bashing Stratovarius. Tell me where I said that he can't have his opinion about Polaris, tell me. I just said that of course he is free to say his opinion and make his own review as he did in RR forum, but using the words he used to describe his opinion and being TT it's clear that he created a bad environment. Mainly against himself. So, common sense was not there, was not in his words to describe the new album of the band called "Polaris", so then you have to carry with it. That's all I said.
You implied, that Tolkki dislikes Polaris, because he is bashing Kotipelto, Jens and co or he is trying to get attention. Have you ever thought, that Tolkki's opinion can be just a normal opinion?

You asked me to tell, where you said, that Tolkki can't have opinion about Polaris. You wrote in your porevious posts, that "tons of words against Polaris". That implies, that you are not allowing Tolkki to have negative opinion about Polaris.

I read that Tolkki's review of Polaris and there was common sense here. He didn't said, that "Polaris sucks" and "Kotipelto is an idiot", like you are implying. He criticised Polaris very matter-of-fact way. Example he said, that there was too few of guitar playing and Polaris doesn't sound like Stratovarius. I agree with him. Imo Polaris just doesn't sound like Stratovarius except some songs.
That phrase was in the context of the things we were talking about Stratovarius, in 2004. If you want to use that sentence just to distort the discussion that I was having with Hector Tolkki, I don't give a shit.
I don't want to use my words just to distort the discussion. I think, that it's you who are trying to distort the discussion. It's funny, that you are acting a "true Stratovarius" fan, althought you are writing wrong information about the band?

Why you are implying, that Hector is Tolkki. Why there can't be a fan, who defends Tolkki. Tell me why?
That is a word, slander are another things like simulate an stabbing. What are you trying to mean telling me that you know people with several mental illnesses? That you work in a mental hospital or that you are not a java bot and you are a person with his life like we all have and you know all kind of people like everybody knows?
I don't work in a mental hospital, but I just know some persons, who have some kind of mental illness. I have never met Tolkki. I'm just saying, that it's unfair to say, that "he/she has totally lost his/her mind", when some person has a mental illness.
And why do you link that with TT, reading that part of the discussion that was refering to Hector Leonardo?
Sorry, I thought that you said, that "Tolkki has lost his mind". And why Hector Leonardo doesn't have a right to defender Tolkki? How many times I have to repeat, that there's freedom of speech?
And yes, I don't like Kotipelto solo career and I don't want that they play Sleep Well, cause I don't like it at all.
Songs like Falling Star, Higher We Go and Somehow Precious sounds like Kotipelto's solo material. They would have easily fitted to all Kotipelto's solo albums.
Stratovarius is a BAND not one person.
That kind of band, where everyone in the band take part to the writing process are more than one person, but Stratovarius was one person, because that one person wrote 95 % of it's songs.
Stratovarius is a band. Not a person. Not a solo project. The band was OWNED by one person, who wrote most of the music, but it was still a band. This was also a band that saw marginal success until the addition of seasoned musicians Jens Johansson and Jorg Michael. Those two, and their contributions to Episode and Visions are a large part of what made the band successful, maybe even as much as Tolkki's compositions.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Everybody knows that the success of Stratovarius was the perfect line-up that TT found. Thanks to the arrival of Kotipelto, Jens and Jörg. TT is a fantastic composer and know (or at least knew) how to find the perfect melodies and compositions for each of the members, but without the rest of the band, Stratovarius would be nothing, as it was before 1994.

If it's just the songs and his compositions, then TT could be famous with another singer, keyboardist and drummer. And that's not happening.

All the bands are good for the team, not for just one person.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm

RazielSR wrote:Everybody knows that the success of Stratovarius was the perfect line-up that TT found. Thanks to the arrival of Kotipelto, Jens and Jörg. TT is a fantastic composer and know (or at least knew) how to find the perfect melodies and compositions for every of the members, but without the rest of the band, Stratovarius would be nothing, as it was before 1994.

If it's just the songs and his compositions, then TT could be famous with another singer, keyboardist and drummer. And that's not happening.

it is so true and I think TT made a big mistake in believing that he himself can do good with R-R project and destroy Stratovarius. I think he must know it was a mistake of his life and wish for a second chance. I wish he had a second chance, though.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Maybe he should concentrate on doing some solo stuff on his own schedule for a while.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Rebel wrote:Stratovarius is a band. Not a person. Not a solo project. The band was OWNED by one person, who wrote most of the music, but it was still a band.
RazielSR wrote:If it's just the songs and his compositions, then TT could be famous with another singer, keyboardist and drummer. And that's not happening.

That'd make it :). And TT actually had a second chance, and he blew it away again...You mean now a third one? Then we're all stupid :?
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 pm

As mayhem says, maybe some solo stuff would be better. Cause... how to believe that he is gonna create some new band? :?

Hector Leonardo

Post by Hector Leonardo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:07 pm

That'd make it :). And TT actually had a second chance, and he blew it away again...You mean now a third one? Then we're all stupid :?
Man, this place does sound like a Spanish Inquisition :)
RR had nothing to do with power metal. He blew it away.
Fucking hell :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:08 pm

He doesn't have the abbility to hold another band...What he should do is, as you say, start a solo project with lots of guest musicians, and that's all. With that, he can have my respect again :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Hector Leonardo

Post by Hector Leonardo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

ggonza43 wrote:He doesn't have the abbility to hold another band...What he should do is, as you say, start a solo project with lots of guest musicians, and that's all. With that, he can have my respect again :)
I'm sure he will be happy when you respect him again :D :D

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I for one will not respect him as a person ever again. Not that it made a difference if i did.. :roll:

Hector Leonardo

Post by Hector Leonardo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 pm

I think he will just retire. In his Facebook he wrote about opening a website for his photos soon. Nothing indicates that he is doing anything in music.