Trinity leaked?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Hector Leonardo
Re: Trinity leaked?

Post by Hector Leonardo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:06 pm

warrencurrymetal wrote:guitar solos are good, but way too loud. At times, they even overpower the drums! Otherwise I love the album
Yeah, I have never heard guitar solos that are so loud :lol: Not even Yngwie has them so loud :D

MetalNat

Post by MetalNat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:38 am

Hector Leonardo wrote:
warrencurrymetal wrote:guitar solos are good, but way too loud. At times, they even overpower the drums! Otherwise I love the album
Yeah, I have never heard guitar solos that are so loud :lol: Not even Yngwie has them so loud :D

Yes Timo that's correct. Bad mixing makes you better than Yngwie.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:52 pm

I would like to ask, who was in charge of the mixing for this album? The guitar is a bit to loud and the keys are almost not there.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:19 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:I would like to ask, who was in charge of the mixing for this album? The guitar is a bit to loud and the keys are almost not there.
Tony Kakko. He let us all down this time. :roll:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:25 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:I would like to ask, who was in charge of the mixing for this album? The guitar is a bit to loud and the keys are almost not there.
Tony Kakko. He let us all down this time. :roll:
HinArc will add you in the blacklist.

Tony Kakko is God to her.

Also-

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:25 pm

You know that i'm going to strangle you right? :)

Tony is a GOD amongst men. No he is a Mega-God amongst gods. Motherfuckers. :x :x

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Kosmo wrote:You know that i'm going to strangle you right? :)

Tony is a GOD amongst men. No he is a Mega-God amongst gods. Motherfuckers. :x :x
:cry:

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm sorry. What i meant to say was:

You don't fuck around when you're talking about Tony Effing Kakko! :x

..Well okay, he has made some unusual choices in the past..That Tricky Beans thing and one of the demos was called Agre Pamppers i mean what the hell...

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:36 am

everon wrote:
Polaris wrote:Well I heard their new album & now I know why this band is over... :roll:

I don't like it, the vocals are not good & I think is the worst album that TT composed, the melodies are not nearly as good as they were at the time he was in Stratovarius, also some songs on this album seems to be plagiarism of Helloween :(

What happened and where did the inspiration of Tolkki? :?
You are totally wrong!
Why? Only because I don't liked the album? :lol:
Everybody have different tastes & opinions...

BTW: The Trinity intro reminds me Revelations from Iron Maiden :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:21 am

what does a person's reaction to the album have to do with how inspired the writer was? whether or not a listaner finds the songs inspired or inspireing is much different from the writers inspiration to make the songs.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:50 am

Polaris wrote:
everon wrote:
Polaris wrote:Well I heard their new album & now I know why this band is over... :roll:

I don't like it, the vocals are not good & I think is the worst album that TT composed, the melodies are not nearly as good as they were at the time he was in Stratovarius, also some songs on this album seems to be plagiarism of Helloween :(

What happened and where did the inspiration of Tolkki? :?
You are totally wrong!
Why? Only because I don't liked the album? :lol:
Everybody have different tastes & opinions...

BTW: The Trinity intro reminds me Revelations from Iron Maiden :roll:

lol, yes

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:who was in charge of the mixing for this album?
Tony Kakko
Wait, really? did he? :?

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I highly doubt that.. :x

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:who was in charge of the mixing for this album?
Tony Kakko
Wait, really? did he? :?

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:14 am

This album sounds amazing to me. I never liked Revolution Renaissance except (new era).

But i've really enjoyed this album, i would give 5 stars to Timo Tolkki this time. Very amazing farewell of the band.

Cheers and beers.

Lalodrums.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:41 pm

Just listened to the whole album. Here are the pros and cons I can gather:

Pros

-The guitar solos! (His playing and performance) listen to Just Let it Rain solo!!!!!
-A bit faster paced than AOA, and heard more frequent
-Some songs are definately more memorable
-Album flows from start to end WAY better than last two releases
-Frozen Winter Heart (the song)

Cons

-Strato fans we're promised a 'return to visions' with all these RR releases, but there is nothing remotely fast in the discography except 'Heroes'. And I don't mean the guitars because they have got faster in this album, I meant the main overall pace -and the drums.
-Production.... Lead guitar is DEAFENINGLY loud in a minority of tracks.
-Gus's vocals don't fit very well. At times it even sounds a bit flat. His voice fits together far better in Adagio's Dominate album.
-He hires such a well known keyboard player, but where is he? You barely hear him play anything apart from the first song.
-Nothing absolutely original to be heard. I mean, self titled track sounds like a B side to Infinity, and 'The World Doesn't Get To Me' sounds like a B side to Dreamweaver from elements 2.

Overall: Not too bad. But not great either. There are improvements here and there, but I think RR to disband was the right thing. It would be nice to see Tolkki do some solo work, without any label or show complications. Or to start another group :) It would be awesome if tolkki was to make a whole other instrumental album out of neoclassical guitar/keyboard shredding. What I mean is songs like Stratosphere, Stratofortress, Stratovarius. They are getting alot of exposure they deserve now, especially through youtube :). Any way, I know we may see future music from TT and look forward to it.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 pm

I am listening to it right now. I like this album a lot, in fact I like every album from RR. The weakest song for me is Dreamchild by far and I simply love Crossing the Rubicon and Frozen Winter Heart is a very beautiful and touching ballad. Gus sings ok for me in this album and the fashion victim guy plays well too.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am

Lurdi wrote:I am listening to it right now. I like this album a lot, in fact I like every album from RR. The weakest song for me is Dreamchild by far and I simply love Crossing the Rubicon and Frozen Winter Heart is a very beautiful and touching ballad. Gus sings ok for me in this album and the fashion victim guy plays well too.
Yeah, I liked AOA, I thought it was better as an album than New Era because it had a more mysterious edge in it. New Era felt a bit deviod of any concepts and each song tended to complicate even more with those many different singers hired. Even N.E had it's very good moments though! But I like the fact Trinity is heavier. Bruno's drums sound really great! Some of the songs make it sound like a missing link between Elements Part 2 and the self titled Stratovarius album - except no Kotipelto :lol:

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:
Lurdi wrote:I am listening to it right now. I like this album a lot, in fact I like every album from RR. The weakest song for me is Dreamchild by far and I simply love Crossing the Rubicon and Frozen Winter Heart is a very beautiful and touching ballad. Gus sings ok for me in this album and the fashion victim guy plays well too.
Yeah, I liked AOA, I thought it was better as an album than New Era because it had a more mysterious edge in it. New Era felt a bit deviod of any concepts and each song tended to complicate even more with those many different singers hired. Even N.E had it's very good moments though! But I like the fact Trinity is heavier. Bruno's drums sound really great! Some of the songs make it sound like a missing link between Elements Part 2 and the self titled Stratovarius album - except no Kotipelto :lol:
I just can't wait until I have it...

Jude

Post by Jude » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:28 am

I listened couple songs from Youtube, and already i can say that this is definitely a better album than AOA, this sort of reminds me of Elements and New Era so far. I also like that album cover. I'm glad that Timo still does heavy music. :) Thank you!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:22 pm

I gave it a shot, and I have to say it's quite good :)
|StratoFan Forever|

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 pm

I got my copy of Trinity today :). The album is very good, and there are lots of TT`s guitars :). It is good Melodic Metal with great guitars :)!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 am

I listened to it once. I don't know I if I can take another dose of Gus and survive. In my opinion he's not that great of a singer, but on the last album, I could stand him. Not the same on this one, way to much screaming and it simply sounds horrible. Guitar work is pretty enigmatic and different though but Gus simply kills it all.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Equinox wrote:I listened to it once. I don't know I if I can take another dose of Gus and survive. In my opinion he's not that great of a singer, but on the last album, I could stand him. Not the same on this one, way to much screaming and it simply sounds horrible. Guitar work is pretty enigmatic and different though but Gus simply kills it all.
Exactly my opinion.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 pm

New Era: I gave it the shot because it was Timo fucking Tolkki!
Age Of Aquarius: -_______________-
Trinity: In my opinion, similar to NE, nice
|StratoFan Forever|

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:48 am

Trinity is the most "generic" album of RR IMO. Age of Aquarious will remain their best album then, which is filled with depth at best. Trinity to me, sounds just "careless" and uninspired.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I am very dissapointed with this album... Trinity is an amazing song but the rest is only good.. not more.. Not close to the best songs on AoA

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Rage1979 wrote:I am very dissapointed with this album... Trinity is an amazing song but the rest is only good.. not more.. Not close to the best songs on AoA
Son you disappoint.
AoA was all bitter. Too dark for TT. Of course he released the CD to send a message to the Stratos.
But now that things have settled [better], Trinity is a comeback to Elements. Not with the best cast, but it's a classic TT album. I like it better than New Era or AoA. 8)

EDIT: But I have to admit it is not as catchy as the preceding compositions of TT.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:28 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:I am very dissapointed with this album... Trinity is an amazing song but the rest is only good.. not more.. Not close to the best songs on AoA
Son you disappoint.
AoA was all bitter. Too dark for TT. Of course he released the CD to send a message to the Stratos.
But now that things have settled [better], Trinity is a comeback to Elements. Not with the best cast, but it's a classic TT album. I like it better than New Era or AoA. 8)

EDIT: But I have to admit it is not as catchy as the preceding compositions of TT.
:user: Very well said! :)
RR songs are pretty high quality. The problem is, they are missing Timo Kotipelto and Jens Johansson.

:cry:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Son you disappoint.
+1, I ain't getting tired to say that power metal bands NEED to remain power metal bands!!
|StratoFan Forever|