A weird thing about Google and Stratovarius

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
A weird thing about Google and Stratovarius

Post by Rebel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm

So as I've posted about a few times, I've published reviews of every Stratovarius studio release, and they've been publicized long enough that I'm starting to see trends with what albums garner more interest than others.

What's interesting to me is that the order of popularity for the reviews. Since they're mostly a tool for people unacquainted with the band it can be a hint as to how people approach a new band. The order is as follows:
Elements Pt. I
Episode
Fright Night
Dreamspace
Elysium
Destiny
Stratovarius
Infinite
Elements Pt. II
Visions
Fourth Dimension
Twilight Time
Polaris

A few observations: First, Elements Pt. I is the first place people look, I think mostly because of the Pt. I tag, which is a shame, because I thought Elements Pt. I was their second worst album. After that they go to the best album, the first album, the most underrated album, and then the newest album.

Just some food for thought, maybe someone else will notice something interesting from this that I didn't see. I didn't include total viewership numbers because the way the reviews were posted, it would be hard to get anything more out of the total numbers than a general trend.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

SatanicSmile

Re: A weird thing about Google and Stratovarius

Post by SatanicSmile » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Episode - First album with "classic" line-up (and first with no founding members)

Fright Night - The very first album.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:42 pm

VISIONS is that far down? :huh: Visions, I thought, is one of the best liked albums. Personally, it's my fav anyway.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:VISIONS is that far down? :huh: Visions, I thought, is one of the best liked albums. Personally, it's my fav anyway.
Right, but remember that the primary audience is people unfamiliar with the band, rather than familiar with the band. Elements Pt. I earns the high slot I think mostly for the Pt. I distinction, and Episode goes second because in the list of albums I refer to Episode as the masterpiece

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:VISIONS is that far down? :huh: Visions, I thought, is one of the best liked albums. Personally, it's my fav anyway.
http://www.last.fm/music/Stratovarius/+ ... ype=albums

It is, and it's my favourite too. I have never read any reviews of Visions, though. Don't really know why. :o

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm

I thought the same thing; why is Visions so far down the list? It's my favorite too, and appears to be a huge fan favorite right after Episode; if not tied with Episode for first place.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:I thought the same thing; why is Visions so far down the list? It's my favorite too, and appears to be a huge fan favorite right after Episode; if not tied with Episode for first place.
I'm guessing for listening, it's up there, but in terms of interest or uncertainty, evidently not much

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:47 pm

people should listen to only what rebel likes, in the order that rebel likes, therefor google is wrong.

Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Elements Pt.1 is my first ever Startovarius album and it holds a dear place in my heart. So, in my opinion, it's the best Stratovarius album ever.
Power Metal FTW

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 am

Lebon14 wrote:Elements Pt.1 is my first ever Startovarius album and it holds a dear place in my heart. So, in my opinion, it's the best Stratovarius album ever.
FANTAAAAAAAAAAASIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*snore*

TheLegendaryDreamer

Post by TheLegendaryDreamer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:27 am

Rebel wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:Elements Pt.1 is my first ever Startovarius album and it holds a dear place in my heart. So, in my opinion, it's the best Stratovarius album ever.
*snore*
Hey, it has a pretty badass pre-solo section :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

TheLegendaryDreamer wrote:
Rebel wrote:
*snore*
Hey, it has a pretty badass pre-solo section :)
That TOTALLY justifies the entire 9 minutes of it

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Rebel wrote:
*snore*
I love every second of the song. :)

I just recently thought about which strato album I loved the most songs on. Turns out the only strato album on which I love every song is one most people don't seem to like at all, Elements Pt. 2! I just love 'em all.