Infinity (is not here)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
SentineLEX
Infinity (is not here)

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 am

I noticed that Stratovarius would be playing Destiny (the song) this year's tour. They don't play it that much compared to Visions which in some way makes it more enjoyable on the days that they do play it.

Then I got curious and checked out Infinity on setlist.fm. And now I'm surprised they haven't played it once since 2000.

I've only been following Stratovarius since right after Polaris was released, and I kind of understand that Kotipelto hated Elements Pt. 1 as a whole, but did he not like Infinite either? And didn't Timo Tolkki love both Infinite and Elements? Did fans in general hate that song?

My real question, I guess, is why don't we hear more from that album than Hunting High and Low and Phoenix? Infinity sounds like it would go great the way Destiny is.

Rebel

Re: Infinity (is not here)

Post by Rebel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 am

In a non-headling scenario, I really can't understand the justification of playing Visions or Destiny, they're cool songs and all, but it seems like, especially with the band very pleased with new material, that space would be better used for two other songs.

Then again, who am I to comment, the chances of Stratovarius touring the USA any time soon are slim. If the fans love it, oh well.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 am

Who do you think Strato would tour with if they came to the US again?

Nightwish?
Children of Bodom?
Amaranthe?
Sonata Arctica?
Symphony X?
Mike Portnoy's Dream Theater or Luca Turilli's Rhapsody?

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 pm

robocop656 wrote:Who do you think Strato would tour with if they came to the US again?

Nightwish?
Children of Bodom?
Amaranthe?
Sonata Arctica?
Symphony X?

Hell, just bring Jani along.

As for swapping out Visions and Destiny, it's up in the air at this point. Yeah they have a lot of great new songs in these three albums, but it would feel kinda empty without the old stuff.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 pm

On Infinite Visions DVD Infinity is a masterpiece. I would think it would be done as a finale at most of the concerts, IMO. It's a long song but I cannot think of any reason Koti would not want to sing it more often unless it's the very high crescendo at the end. Personally, Infinity is one of my favorite Stratovarius songs.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 pm

robocop656 wrote:Who do you think Strato would tour with if they came to the US again?

Nightwish?
Children of Bodom?
Amaranthe?
Sonata Arctica?
Symphony X?

Symphony X is a possibility. Nightwish is a possibility. Kamelot might make sense. Blind Guardian. All would be nice.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 am

Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Edguy, Epica and one other band that isn't like the other they normally throw on. Steel Panther, Black Label Society. :lol: I don't know.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:47 am

browneyedgirl wrote:On Infinite Visions DVD Infinity is a masterpiece. I would think it would be done as a finale at most of the concerts, IMO. It's a long song but I cannot think of any reason Koti would not want to sing it more often unless it's the very high crescendo at the end. Personally, Infinity is one of my favorite Stratovarius songs.
I think Father Time goes a bit higher but not as long of a note. Maybe he could do some live shenanigans with the audience to fill that space up.

It would be cool to have it in next year's setlist. It would mark 30 years of Strato and given how things look, the end isn't anytime soon.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:54 am

I don't care who they tour with, so long as they come back!!!