Technical questions for band

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
crostrato
Technical questions for band

Post by crostrato » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:03 am

So , as title says, this is topic with only tehnical questions for band of course, about there equipment, there playing, ect, ect.

So my first question is; why you guys dont use in-ear monitor sistem, this always interested me, because almost all big bands passed over on in-ear monitoring? Matias, Jens ;) ????

AGAG

Re: Technical questions for band

Post by AGAG » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

The ducks! :x

I want to know a thorough history of the ducks. They stole my heart when they quacked.
---...---

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:57 pm

AGAG wrote:The ducks! :x

I want to know a thorough history of the ducks. They stole my heart when they quacked.
This is very funny story!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:02 pm

crostrato wrote:So , as title says, this is topic with only tehnical questions for band of course, about there equipment, there playing, ect, ect.

So my first question is; why you guys dont use in-ear monitor sistem, this always interested me, because almost all big bands passed over on in-ear monitoring? Matias, Jens ;) ????

They dont other then Jorg I believe.

LauriPorra

Post by LauriPorra » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Don´t know about the others but I like it better without. Feels more natural and you get a more rockin´ mood going. I don´t mind using in-ear monitoring in a more mellow situation such as playing something more acoustic, for metal i prefer oldschool...

LOUD!!!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 am

You guys don't play to a click track live? That's what Jorg is for.

:spin3: :spin3: :spin3: :crazy2:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:00 am

robocop656 wrote:You guys don't play to a click track live? That's what Jorg is for.

Yep Jorg is what I like to call him the "human metronome" I dont think I have ever heard/seen a drummer with the precision and timing that Jorg has. He is like the Michael Romeo of drums, he has ultimate timing.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 am

Plisken wrote:
robocop656 wrote:You guys don't play to a click track live? That's what Jorg is for.

Yep Jorg is what I like to call him the "human metronome" I dont think I have ever heard/seen a drummer with the precision and timing that Jorg has. He is like the Michael Romeo of drums, he has ultimate timing.
Why don't you just marry him, if you like him so much? :roll:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Plisken wrote:

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 pm

LauriPorra wrote:Don´t know about the others but I like it better without. Feels more natural and you get a more rockin´ mood going. I don´t mind using in-ear monitoring in a more mellow situation such as playing something more acoustic, for metal i prefer oldschool...

LOUD!!!
Lauri, thank you for fast answer.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 am

Plisken wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Plisken wrote:

Guys, I think I just lost. :cry:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:09 am

Once in a while, eating an apple is a really nice thing to do for your organism.
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:05 am

AGAG wrote:Once in a while, eating an apple is a really nice thing to do for your organism.
Aye. Foods rich in insoluble fiber such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains have been clinically proven to reduce the risk of heart disease, promote healthy lifestyles, and make it really easy to take a shit.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 am

In scientific experiments, Cheerios cereal can reduce the risk of heart attacks. The only side effect is its bee allergen.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:00 pm

I want to ask why you guys don't use the backing vocals track on songs like Hunting High and Low anymore. I liked it a lot more. Not that your backing vocals are bad, I just love the original backing vocals on HHaL.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 pm

rikkertje wrote:I want to ask why you guys don't use the backing vocals track on songs like Hunting High and Low anymore. I liked it a lot more. Not that your backing vocals are bad, I just love the original backing vocals on HHaL.
Me to, and beginning of sos, why dont you use that any more?

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 am

Really, bring it back!!! ..the beginning of SOS I mean :x

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:40 am

rikkertje wrote:I want to ask why you guys don't use the backing vocals track on songs like Hunting High and Low anymore. I liked it a lot more. Not that your backing vocals are bad, I just love the original backing vocals on HHaL.
Because part of the point of a live performance is... well... performing live

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:24 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: make it really easy to take a shit.
Speak for your own bowels..

:cry:
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:45 am

AGAG wrote:
I'm not interested in talking shit. :roll:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:57 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:
Use sign language... Braille if you're in an adventurous mood.
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:29 am

AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:
Braille if you're in an adventurous mood.
All that bumpiness in my bum-bum! :roll: It shall not do. :buh:

In any case, if we must continue to discuss dung, contemplate crap, postulate on poop or otherwise formulate our feelings on feces, let's exchange knowing nods and smiles. Nonverbal communication- something just between the two of us.

"Our eyes met across the room. She knew I had to go. I had no doubt myself that she had to poop. We didn't breathe a word between us but still somehow shared a stunning spiritual solidarity. I pulled my lucky toilet-paper roll out of my back pocket (provides cushoning when I sit, plus it makes logical sense to keep it near my posterior orifice at all times). I slipped it ever so gently into her purse, and she gracefully glided across the room to conduct her business." :)

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Every topic you turn to shit

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:

In any case, if we must continue to discuss dung, contemplate crap, postulate on poop or otherwise formulate our feelings on feces, let's exchange knowing nods and smiles. Nonverbal communication- something just between the two of us.

"Our eyes met across the room. She knew I had to go. I had no doubt myself that she had to poop. We didn't breathe a word between us but still somehow shared a stunning spiritual solidarity. I pulled my lucky toilet-paper roll out of my back pocket (provides cushoning when I sit, plus it makes logical sense to keep it near my posterior orifice at all times). I slipped it ever so gently into her purse, and she gracefully glided across the room to conduct her business." :)
Did you use braille or not? I am getting barely tolerant about those reButtals of yours. :roll:
crostrato wrote:Every topic you turn to shit
I truly HOPE you're not talking about me.
---...---

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm quite surprised by the answer. Most of musicians prefer ear-monitoring. I would suggest it because it improves the front sound and also it is very helpful for vocalists

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:46 pm

AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:

Did you use braille or not? I am getting barely tolerant about those reButtals of yours. :roll:
I decided to go with Ethernet instead. Now, I wouldn't call putting an RJ45 cable into my most tender bodily cavity a positive experience, but it wasn't entirely unpleasant either. Anything that can establish a line of communication between my cohorts and my crap is a worthy investment. :)
pneumonia wrote:I'm quite surprised by the answer. Most of musicians prefer ear-monitoring. I would suggest it because it improves the front sound and also it is very helpful for vocalists
Uhh...:buh: We're not talking about that anymore... :roll:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:

I decided to go with Ethernet instead.
No no no! :shake: While being modern about cavital communication, you forget the true meaning of shit-exploration. There are some that still prefer a DIRECT exchange of ideas with something sacred as our excretions. With the hands. There lies the most sensitive part of our skin. How many sensations do we miss! when we try to understand things from the cellulitical arthery-clogged perspective of the internet.

I think there is still hope. One day, societies will embrace and accept the hidden values of the hand stethoscope when pressed against the pale chest of our collective common excretions. It will happen. Worldwide, the steady hearbeat of shit will roar on every ceruminous gland that exists.

And. Weren´t we speaking apples just a moment ago? :)
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:33 am

I believe we have found the key to the universe!! :jump:
Apparently, its not love. Its shit. Who would have guessed? :buh:

We must create a special United Nations envoy to collect shit-samples in every home, in every country, going door to door. If a person flatly denies the request, they have full authority to extract a specimen by force through means of a rigorous high-fiber diet and a pair of rubber gloves.

Once a formidable shit-log is assembled from every community, from every home, representing every ethnicity, race, creed, and sexual orientation, they must be mixed together in a giant clay pot. An artistic metaphor for the melting pot of the global "internet age". As our cold, stale, week-old shits blend together into a rich, creamy, savory puree, perhaps our differences too will melt. Global understanding! Harmony! Peace!

I also think it would be fun to make the citizens of earth drink the shit-soup, but I haven't found an eloquent justification for it. We can just add "United Nations Shit Soup" to the USDA Food Pyramid and a few suckers will go for it. HAHAHAHA!! :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:35 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I believe we have found the key to the universe!!

KEY TO THE UNIVERSE IS LOVE.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDvSPQ7megQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDvSPQ7megQ?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oO8DrIP5f98?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oO8DrIP5f98?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Rebel wrote:
Because part of the point of a live performance is... well... performing live
True, but I think it is no problem at all to enrich your performance with some technical stuff if it sounds cool. And IMO it sounded much better with the tape, than with the live backing vocals.