10 years in stratoforum

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Stratoviking
10 years in stratoforum

Post by Stratoviking » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:11 am

Hello My friends!
10 years hm, time is running pretty fast. À LOT of things have happend here.
Many positive things but also alot of shit the last years. I remember the first time when I heard strato it was 1997, and the song visions. Since then I love it. Timo tolkki is for me the best songwriter in the world Ever and I miss you in stratovarius. Lets hope we have this forum 10 more years

Stay metal//. Stratoviking 2002-2012

adrian9

Re: 10 years in stratoforum

Post by adrian9 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am

a true landmark my friend :beer:
A9

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 am

It has almost been 10 years for me, too--in August. "Where has the time gone?"--Father Time ;)
I became a StratoFan about 1999, or early 2000.

I hope the forum stays open for many more years, it's a fun place to go.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 pm

It's absurd, how long it took for me to stumble upon this awesome band--but I've just celebrated my one year anniversary of discovering Jens and Stratovarius. I still have a lot of catching up to do, but I couldn't be happier!:)~Tamma

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

tpocain wrote:but I couldn't be happier!:) ~Tamma
Who did you learn that from?

Arnold Layne

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

Yep, I discovered Strato in '98, came to the first version of this forum in '01 and have been here (both very visibly and not-so-visibly) ever since. :lol:

So many notable memories here...like Jens fixing my computer, the concern that people at this forum had for me on 9/11 and the tons of e-mails and PMs I received here from folks asking if I was OK...the old "acrostics" topic where a very dear friend wrote a poem for me (I am still honored!), and meeting some folks from the forum at any of the 4 Strato gigs I have been to; hanging out with Burning Reflection at the last Strato gig (hey, were you at the Nightwish gig in January? Because I thought I saw you there, but you were too far away for me to tell!); and still feeling bad that I was probably not very fun company that evening, as I didn't know until the last minute if I was coming, and had such trouble making it to town...anyway, hopefully we can hang out again under much better circumstances, and maybe I'll explain all my problems that happened that day over a nice bottle of Koskenkorva! ;) Oh yes, and STILL owing the guys a drink at one of the gigs; I have not forgotten, although it seems the chance always passes us by, doesn't it? :( Well, if you ever make it back to the U.S., if I have to set the drinks onstage, we'll make it happen! :D

I am too old to recall all of the other wonderful things that have happened here that I was part of, but it's been a great time and I should come around more often. :D

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:37 pm

@Brought2ubyletterc: Wow, those are some really wonderful memories! It still bugs me that it took so long to discover Strato--there are plenty of fans in the U.S. that have known about them much longer, so I can't even blame it on that.:oops: It took an Yngwie video popping up on YouTube at just the right time for me to discover our beloved Jens, and then that led me HERE. I guess it just had to be better late than never...

I wish they would come play in Florida! I know Jens doesn't like Florida--that's OK, I don't like it here, neither--not anymore...When I finally DO get to see them, I'll buy them ALL drinks! And even though I normally drink Swedish vodka, I would love to try Koskenkorva! :)~Tamma

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:04 am

^Better late than never, as the saying goes.

I discovered Strato before YouTube and downloading music on the internet was a huge thing. I was actually lucky enough to hear them on one of the DirecTV satellite radio stations, back when they played GOOD MUSIC!!! Took me over 2 years to find their CDs and stuff, but once I did, I literally bought every album on the shelf! I think my very first post at Stratoforum was asking where I could find the Infinite Visions DVD for purchase in the U.S. Ah, memories. I miss the days when I had money to spend. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:I was actually lucky enough to hear them on one of the DirecTV satellite radio stations, back when they played GOOD MUSIC!!!
Huh!

You could have phrased that better. :lol:

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 am

that's a record

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:35 pm

I'll do 10 years in this forum too in August. That's a win!

Where can i have my WIN? :lol:

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Your WIN is RAR for so many years now. Sorry, you can't have it anymore! :roll:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

eternity_strato wrote:I'll do 10 years in this forum too in August. That's a win!

:lol:
:beer:
Congrats to both of us for enduring so long in this Forum! :D There has been times when I've wanted to reach into my PC into the cyberworld and bitchslap the Hell out of alot of numb nuts on here, but bassicly it has been a very fun experience! :funhi: After all, it's just a Forum. :wink:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:57 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:I'll do 10 years in this forum too in August. That's a win!

:lol:
:beer:
Congrats to both of us for enduring so long in this Forum! :D There has been times when I've wanted to reach into my PC into the cyberworld and bitchslap the Hell out of alot of numb nuts on here, but bassicly it has been a very fun experience! :funhi: After all, it's just a Forum. :wink:
nnnooooooooooooo

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:34 pm

You could have phrased that better.
Um, OK...

I first heard Stratovarius on the Music Choice channels that used to be offered on DirecTV. They used to play a lot of good music back then. But I would not know if they do anymore because DirecTV has some other music channels now called Sonic Tap. They play some good music, but I have not heard Strato on any of them yet, and we've had these particular channels for about 2 years now. :(

finnlandia

Post by finnlandia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:16 pm

wow ! Congratulation!! I can not win. I am here only five years ago.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:25 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:
Um, OK...

I first heard Stratovarius on the Music Choice channels that used to be offered on DirecTV. They used to play a lot of good music back then. But I would not know if they do anymore because DirecTV has some other music channels now called Sonic Tap. They play some good music, but I have not heard Strato on any of them yet, and we've had these particular channels for about 2 years now. :(
I'm not gonna lie. I still don't get it. :?

Huh! :spin3:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 am

Only 9 years here, but still, holy crap.... it's been a while! I used to post only on TT's forum, then moved over here. And I then never left... this place is oddly addictive, and seeing how things have developed into this sort of parallel universe is fascinating to observe.

Best memories: actually making friends here, George Zimmer's posts, NordicStorm's meltdown, and a whole other ton of things.

Here's to another ten! :lol:
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:43 am

What's not to get? I get satellite television, and there are channels that play music, like a radio station. I heard Strato on one of the channels, loved their music, and here I am. The end.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:11 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:What's not to get? I get satellite television, and there are channels that play music, like a radio station. I heard Strato on one of the channels, loved their music, and here I am. The end.
I just don't think that's the whole story. And we both know that. :spin2:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:
Um, OK...

Thats where I heard Stratovarius first, too! On DirectTV a show called LOUD which played metal music every Saturday night. My youngest son, Vic and I would watch it together. Yes, I got the music choice channel which played metal, and heard them on there, also. My oldest son, Jason, though was the one who took the plunge and bought a Stratovarius CD(4th Dimension)and the rest is history---our whole family became StratoFans, in Sweet Home Alabama! :D And, eventually our cousins, too became fans when they borrowed our CDs and taped them.
It's contagious---in a good way!!! :D

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 am

I remember that show too! And it was actually on MuchMusic, because I got the "Against the Wind" video from that channel! Why did they ever change over to Fuse? That channel sucks!

AAAA(...): Oh, you're right, I missed a detail...along the way, I turned my boyfriend on to Strato too, and he was the one who drove the car when we went to San Diego to the only store we could find who sold their CDs. We bought every single one that was on the shelf. And I think that's it. Yay.

If you want the name of the channel, I can't remember that. If you want to know the first song I ever heard, it was "4000 Rainy Nights". If you want to know what I was wearing that day, it was not anything sexy. If there's more to it than that, I have lost all memory of it because I am old. Image

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:along the way, I turned my boyfriend on
brought2ubyletterC wrote:If you want to know what I was wearing that day, it was not anything sexy.
I am regrettably more confused than ever. :errrr: :cry:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 am

Oh, you...way to splice my words there. :lol:

But you know? The way that reads, it actually makes me seem like I'm hotter than I am (which is not at all!), to turn a man on without having to wear sexy clothes. Thanks for singlehandedly making me more awesome than ever! :D

Maybe you are confused because you appear to be suffering from a case of selective reading? ;)

LOL, you are so crazy. But I like you anyway. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Oh, you...way to splice my words there. :lol:

Maybe you are confused because you appear to be suffering from a case of selective reading? ;)
Indeed, this has always been one of my biggest problems. That and, my behavior on the metro... :oops:
brought2ubyletterC wrote: LOL, you are so crazy. But I like you anyway. :lol:
Aww. I feel the same way. :)

ImageImageImageImageImage

BEG in 3...2...1... :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 am

But what fun is it to ride on the metro if not for those with the strange behavior? :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:43 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:But what fun is it to ride on the metro if not for those with the strange behavior? :lol:
I am what they call an exhibitionist. This I learned from an alien named Pekka Fuck-King Nurmi, who raises goats on the border between Russia and Finland and is VERY allergic to sushi and obtuse triangles. :spin2: :spin1: :spin3:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
brought2ubyletterC wrote:Oh, you...way to splice my words there. :lol:

Indeed, this has always been one of my biggest problems. That and, my behavior on the metro... :oops:
brought2ubyletterC wrote: LOL, you are so crazy. But I like you anyway. :lol:
Aww. I feel the same way. :)

ImageImageImageImageImage

BEG in 3...2...1... :lol:
I snagged your dancing girl, and C's grandpa! :D
The gifs, I mean! I'm an image thief. :twisted:

Yeah, we loved the MuchMusic channel, actually more than MTV because MTV by then had gone mostly Pop.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

For a second there, I'm like, "how did you kidnap my grandpa? He's not even alive!" :lol:

I think AAAAAAAA's selective reading disorder is contagious, and I've caught it. :lol:

Yes, I would miss MuchMusic, but for the fact that the little I have seen of it (that gets aired on Fuse from time to time) appears to have gone just as pop as MTV did 10 years ago. :(

But still, at least MuchMusic is Canada, so their likelihood of showing decent music is a little higher. I think the cold-weater countries (like Canada and Finland) must have something to them to where the music automatically kicks ass. :D

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote: hanging out with Burning Reflection at the last Strato gig (hey, were you at the Nightwish gig in January? Because I thought I saw you there, but you were too far away for me to tell!); and still feeling bad that I was probably not very fun company that evening, as I didn't know until the last minute if I was coming, and had such trouble making it to town...anyway, hopefully we can hang out again under much better circumstances, and maybe I'll explain all my problems that happened that day over a nice bottle of Koskenkorva! ;)
Hello :) Funny, I actually had the same sentiments and felt I could've been nicer that night. I wanted to help, but it was so last minute that I tainted an act of love by not having my heart fully committed...but here we are, alive and here to tell our stories ;) I changed a lot since then, I feel that I can be a much kinder person and now I'm a HUGE Nightwish fan! I was at the Nightwish gig and it was incredible and epic! Weird that I didn't think of you being there...but no hard feelings and I'm glad you're still into these great bands! Hopefully we can say hello at another gig and I'll take you up on the offer of the Koskenkorva! ;) Take care.