Stratovarius Live

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Porter
Stratovarius Live

Post by Porter » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:02 am

I think stratovarius would be MUCH better live if they'd set Timo, or even the bass player, or keyboard player up with a microphone up during the show so they can sing backing vocals.

Seriously, as good as stratovarius is on their albums, nothing is more pathetic as to when a band uses taped background music. And that's ANY band who does this live like in the 1970s.

Natas

Re: Stratovarius Live

Post by Natas » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:55 pm

Maybe some of then dont want to sing, and some of them cant sing and some of them arent singing on the backgroundtapes............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ . . . ........................ .. . ... .

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:17 pm

(1453+13)

Porter, have you seen them live? Or have you seen any live videos? Tolkki does sing backing vocals live. But the others can't sing as I know, so there is no chance for them to sing live seriously.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:22 pm

haha would be funny then! Could be the first 'Stratovarius Comedy Show' :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:01 pm

Porter wrote:I think stratovarius would be MUCH better live if they'd set Timo, or even the bass player, or keyboard player up with a microphone up during the show so they can sing backing vocals.

Seriously, as good as stratovarius is on their albums, nothing is more pathetic as to when a band uses taped background music. And that's ANY band who does this live like in the 1970s.
Funny, i seem to remember seeing (and hearing) TT sing live backup vocals when I saw them in 2003... maybe it was my imagination? chemicals in the atmosphere? or maybe i was too close to the stage to see properly (front row)? It must've been bad whatever it was, because everytime i play Live Visions of Europe i also hear TT's backup vox... I have to investigate this, i might have a chemical imbalance that i've been unaware of...

:roll:

As for the taped backround music... the Electric Ballroom's stage was a bit on the small side to fit a full symphony orchestra and 20-member choir (not to mention Stratovarius themselves and their equipment) so i wasn't too surprised they didn't bring them along. Maybe other venues will be large enough? If not, they COULD always just leave it out entirely... try imagining what Soul of a Vagabond or Infinity or Elements would sound like without the choir & orchestra... i think not.

I also seem to remember Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Nile, Rotting Christ, Dark Tranquility and Arch Enemy also having taped background music. I guess they're all pathetic as well then :roll:

btw, do you EVER make any positive comments? most of your posts are all complaints....
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Pummiii

Post by Pummiii » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:22 pm

Tolkki singed lead vocals before Kotipelto singed up to the band. Nowdays Tolkki does singing backing vocals. I think its better if jens and jari won´t sing at all. :D

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:30 pm

(1455+13)
Pummiii wrote:Tolkki singed lead vocals before Kotipelto singed up to the band. Nowdays Tolkki does singing backing vocals. I think its better if jens and jari won´t sing at all. :D
And Jörg? It would be funny hearing his voice, while he is playing some speed stuff. :D For example: Find Your Own Voice. It would kick ass. (stupid idea)

And I must join NeonVomit. Just imagine the beggining of Destiny sang by the band. :D (originally 8-10 year old kids sang the chorus)

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:11 pm

This is a STUPID topic. Backing tapes are probably used because it would cost way too much to bring a full choir and orchestra. This is a 5 piece band. They can't do everything.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:14 pm

Holy crap, i do believe that was the divine Voice of reason. :lol:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Júlio tolkki

Live

Post by Júlio tolkki » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:44 pm

The stratovarius is the stratovarius, all the musics is good, but the old musics is best with timo, but im dont saing Kotiprlto is bad ,he good to.

Jens have a good performanca in the key boards and jari is good too, jorg is the best drummer i see in my life, Startovarius is the best band and nobody can talk bad of strato !!!!! :evil: :!: