Stratovarius in America

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Neorave
Stratovarius in America

Post by Neorave » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:15 pm

Now that Strato is back, everyone is happy...well, mainly those who live in the European countries. :roll:

Why do I say this? Because I live in America, and I WANT TO HEAR THEM LIVE (without trying to walk across too much water) :~( . So this thread is pretty simple: Why should Stratovarius come to America, or even further into it, why should they come to your hometown in America?

Well, IMO, Omaha, Nebraska needs better entertainment. Even though you can argue that Motley Crue is touring here, I need something more that that. All we get here is ether oldy bands/artists, or some shittastic pop group. :yuk: Point in case: Omaha needs better entertainment. It would be awesome if Stratovarius would come to Omaha, but I doubt it'll happen, because the majority of the people here have never even heard of Stratovarius (with more not even knowing what heavy metal is).
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Cristiane

Re: Stratovarius in America

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:24 pm

Neorave wrote:It would be awesome if Stratovarius would come to Omaha, but I doubt it'll happen, because the majority of the people here have never even heard of Stratovarius (with more not even knowing what heavy metal is).
I think that's the point... although I know there are a lot of metalheads in the USA, I think in most of the cities there wouldn't be enough people to crowd a place.
Since this kind of music isn't that successful between north americans, it would be really expensive and useless to have a tour in the USA for only a few people. Course it doesn't mean you don't deserve good shows... I think you deserve more than everybody once your options for good gigs are just a few...
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:53 pm

There's enough metal heads here for a tour. Stratovarius is the most popular power metal band around. Helloween, Sonata Arctica, Hammerfall have all toured the U.S. I'm sure Strato would have a large crowd. STRATOVARIUS GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE!!!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:25 pm

Why would they miss USA now?

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:47 pm

It would still probably be very expensive for them to come to the US... but damnit, if they come to the US they'd better visit us here in Canada, too! After all, we had Nightwish, Sonata Arctica is coming--there IS a market for Power Metal here...

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:52 am

Well, I think Kotipelto has come to NY right? Well guyz, I have HOPE, I think they will come-hopefully to NY- but anyway. . . . . . I want them here.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:54 am

It would be my dream come true if they came to USA! :jump2: =P Even if I could not see them(due to my death LOL or dire financial hardship)I would be so glad that they were able to make so many people happy with their music. Most people I know who hear StratoMusic like it, so coming to USA would garner them many more fans!!!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:22 pm

Umm... I was just thinking that if and when they're having a worldtour, would it be a worldtour without beeing to the U.S or Canada? The Amorphis starts (Or I don't know have they already started) a tour in America so I think that Strato'll do it to!
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

Michael^

Post by Michael^ » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:42 pm

Just hope for a "world tour" :)

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:The Amorphis starts (Or I don't know have they already started) a tour in America so I think that Strato'll do it to!
Well, Strato usually starts the tour in Finland, then probably they'll do an Euro tour... at least that's what I've seen through the years... after the Euro tour they usually come to South American countries... it would be really cool if they could reach countries like Mexico and the USA.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

k-a-

Post by k-a- » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:53 pm

Edguy had a huge reception in LA, Atlanta and NY. Kotipelto visited Atlanta and said he was very impressed with the American metal scene.. or something or rather. The metal market is growing in the US, big time. The ultimate tour: Sonata Arctica, Angra, Stratovarius.

RycheMaiden666

Post by RycheMaiden666 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:39 pm

Being that Kotipelto was in Atlanta hanging out at ProgPower this past September, It could be possible that the reunited Stratovarius will actually play at ProgPower this year. I guess we'll find out soon, as the guy who runs ProgPower is revealing 2 bands a week starting on Feb 1. He'll do that every week until March 1, when the last of the entire lineup will be revealed.

Either ProgPower, or a show at BB Kings in NYC would be awesome. Then again, we need the whole US tour as it's time for these guys to finally break ground here!!!

soulforged the secon

Post by soulforged the secon » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:04 pm

well there are many reasons that can make a band "avoid" US.
1.not many fans=lesser money
2.danger of getting shot at stage ........like dime...... (i don't want to offend any resident of the US with this but unfortunatelly US is'nt the safest country)......

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:31 pm

soulforged the second wrote:well there are many reasons that can make a band "avoid" US.
1.not many fans=lesser money
2.danger of getting shot at stage ........like dime...... (i don't want to offend any resident of the US with this but unfortunatelly US is'nt the safest country)......
1. That may be a possibility, but if we gather every fan and road trip down to the performance, then it can still work (see how my mind works :wink: )

2. I DOUBT that there would be a situation like what happened in Spain, or worse, what happend to Dime. You would really need to look very hard to find a person/group of people that REALLY HATE Stratovarius.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

~Infinity~

Post by ~Infinity~ » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:56 am

iron_thunder wrote:It would still probably be very expensive for them to come to the US... but damnit, if they come to the US they'd better visit us here in Canada, too! After all, we had Nightwish, Sonata Arctica is coming--there IS a market for Power Metal here...
I think if Sonata Arctica plays here and gathers enough a crowd, then Stratovarius have to come as well, I mean I always thought of them as being MUCH better than Sonata and Sonata just being a band born thanks to Stato being one of their influences.
Is the metal dead?
I don't think so
As long as we live
The metal will never die

Nightmare1z

Post by Nightmare1z » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:22 am

Soulforged...

Danger of getting shot on stage?

That was one isolated incident in literally THOUSANDS of concerts every single day across the US.

People are unpredictable, and while security could have been better - if this guy really wanted to kill Dime he could've done it anytime.

Don't think the US is some crazy anarchic place where everyone carries guns to protect themself just because this incident happened. It was tragic - but does it justify stereotyping the rest of the country and the band as being unsafe?

No.

soulforged the secon

Post by soulforged the secon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:51 pm

well you're right.....
this could have happenned somewhere else too.........

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:20 pm

I think with power metal slowly but surely on the bounce back here I think we will see them soon. Hey Sonata and Nightwish are coming in April so you never know
SHINE ON!

Big Al 2112

Post by Big Al 2112 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:04 pm

Strato very well could be playing ProgPowerUSA VI this year. Glenn who is the guy who runs this festival has posted on the progpowerusa forum that he is still negotiating a deal with the headlining band. Could this be Strato. Kotipelto was at ProgPower V last year and was well received by the fans when he came on stage with Edguy for "Wake Up the King." Now that the band is back together, what better time to come to the US and headline the premiere metal festival here in the states. I hope Strato is the band that he is talking about. We will find out in the next few weeks!! Later.

\m/

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:39 pm

Big Al 2112 wrote:Strato very well could be playing ProgPowerUSA VI this year. Glenn who is the guy who runs this festival has posted on the progpowerusa forum that he is still negotiating a deal with the headlining band. Could this be Strato. Kotipelto was at ProgPower V last year and was well received by the fans when he came on stage with Edguy for "Wake Up the King." Now that the band is back together, what better time to come to the US and headline the premiere metal festival here in the states. I hope Strato is the band that he is talking about. We will find out in the next few weeks!! Later.

\m/
This would rule.