Theres a Revolution coming!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Plisken
Theres a Revolution coming!

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 pm

So really stratovarius soul will live on in this band. Sure it will be play by new people and its going to get some getting used to but im sure Timo will pick the right people for the job.

I never saw Stratovarius live but Revolution RENAISSANCE will be the closest thing to that. Not only will they play old stratovarius songs they will be playing the new stratovarius songs.

dragee

Re: Theres a Revolution coming!

Post by dragee » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:20 pm

No, Renaissance Revolution will play Renaissance Revolution songs, 'cause there's no more Stratovarius.

And Renaissance Revolution will play Stratovarius covers
Rajatapaus.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Well, I don't know really. "RR", it's the legacy of Stratovarius, maybe, the band is dead, but, their songs, and the writer of all the strato songs, he will be the frontman again with songs in the same vein, the same spirit as 'Visions'. Part of Stratovarius is really alive, in all of us, we still have the capacity of that, keeping the band alive, feeling it with this new band.
I hope that Jens and Lauri will be on this band, 3 parts of the band, so...It's not a full dead :P , I think that it's just a another body but the same spirit!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:38 pm

dragee wrote:No, Renaissance Revolution will play Renaissance Revolution songs, 'cause there's no more Stratovarius.

Technically! yah But Timo was the one who made all the songs. Dont get me wrong its definitely not stratovarius but its not just a cover ether. Renaissance Revolution is meant to replace stratovarius from what I understand.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Plisken wrote:
dragee wrote:No, Renaissance Revolution will play Renaissance Revolution songs, 'cause there's no more Stratovarius.

Technically! yah But Timo was the one who made all the songs. Dont get me wrong its definitely not stratovarius but its not just a cover ether. Renaissance Revolution is meant to replace stratovarius from what I understand.
Same opinion

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Plisken wrote:

Technically! yah But Timo was the one who made all the songs.
No he did not! TK and Jens wrote quite a few great Strato Songs! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:50 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Plisken wrote:

Technically! yah But Timo was the one who made all the songs.
No he did not! TK and Jens wrote quite a few great Strato Songs! :)
alright but my point still being! The same music is going to be made in Renaissance Revolution as was in Stratovarius. We will just be hearing it being play by different people. And the guy Timo has chosen are really good, and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 pm

Please remember Timo is still searching touring musicians or even real members to his new band. The line-up of the album is just made for the album.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Yah I know im sure he will find the best people he can though.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:38 pm

Kiske in a metal band for real and not in a project? Get out of here :p

In all seriousness I would love that Mischi will be the frontman of RR but I just don't see it happening.

I DO hope Jens and Lauri play there, but that's entirely up to them.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Short, clear and simple. I totally agree.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:08 pm

I think RR could be very succesful with Kiske or Sammet, but the problem is that we'll have an album NOT SHOWING THE REAL MEMBERS OF THE BAND.

That sounds crazy, don't you think? And I don't like the way Tolkki is looking for new members.

I think Sammet and Kiske has great voices, what do you think?

We must try to find good things from this, but we have Kotipelto on the other hand...do you like his music? For me he is wasting his talent orienting his music like he do in "Kotipelto".

And Jörg's band? Sounds horrible. And Jari in Evergrey...well I don't like them so much...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:12 pm

Wasting his talent in Kotipelto band?? WTF?

Headhunter is cool! What do you have against it?
Evergrey is Evergrey, but I really like MESS! I hope it has some future...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 pm

black death wrote:Wasting his talent in Kotipelto band?? WTF?

Headhunter is cool! What do you have against it?
Evergrey is Evergrey, but I really like MESS! I hope it has some future...
Well...for me, the way he sing in his band and the songs they do...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 pm

black death wrote:Evergrey is Evergrey, but I really like MESS! I hope it has some future...
I have understood MESS doesn´t exist anymore... Or is in limbo at the moment. Jari is too busy in Evergrey, and elias with Sonata, Tuple partly when Tarot is active and Atte has other projects too.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:30 pm

IceBreaker wrote:I have understood MESS doesn´t exist anymore... Or is in limbo at the moment. Jari is too busy in Evergrey, and elias with Sonata, Tuple partly when Tarot is active and Atte has other projects too.
Yes. I think it's just left aside for a while...unfortunately it seems to be a long while.
RazielSR wrote:Well...for me, the way he sing in his band and the songs they do...
He's doing what he wants to do. And although I like Stratovarius much more than Koti's (or Tolkki's) solo albums, I appreciate a lot that it's not a Strato copy. I hate when singers release a solo album which is the copy of the band...like e.g. David Readman did last year.

finnlandia

Post by finnlandia » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:45 pm

I will be curious what the album will be.

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:49 pm

black death wrote:Wasting his talent in Kotipelto band?? WTF?
WFTD is a quality power metal album, almost flawless! The other two albums are just good rock albums, nothing special.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 am

dirge wrote:WFTD is a quality power metal album, almost flawless! The other two albums are just good rock albums, nothing special.
Agree pretty much!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:22 am

:x I dont like the name Revolution Renaissance either . Stratovarius is a good bandname RR sounds like something from Sovjetunion. Renaissance is pretentious bullshit. :lol:

dirge

Post by dirge » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 am

IceBreaker wrote:
dirge wrote:WFTD is a quality power metal album, almost flawless! The other two albums are just good rock albums, nothing special.
Agree pretty much!
Someone that agrees with me at last! Last time I said something like it I got abuse from some on here!

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:16 am

Stratowarius wrote::x I dont like the name Revolution Renaissance either . Stratovarius is a good bandname RR souns like something from Sovjetunion. Renaissance is pretentious bullshit. :lol:
OK so there are no keyboards, no orchestra, no Timo Kotipelto.. how could this ever sound like "Visions"?

Three different singers on the CD and Timo Tolkki is looking for completely new musicians already "if there are live performance".

If! This doesn't sound promising. I dont think this "Revolution Renaissance" will ever play live, its just so Tolkki can keep all the money himeslf

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:44 am

Demir wrote:
Stratowarius wrote::x I dont like the name Revolution Renaissance either . Stratovarius is a good bandname RR souns like something from Sovjetunion. Renaissance is pretentious bullshit. :lol:
OK so there are no keyboards, no orchestra, no Timo Kotipelto.. how could this ever sound like "Visions"?

Three different singers on the CD and Timo Tolkki is looking for completely new musicians already "if there are live performance".

If! This doesn't sound promising. I dont think this "Revolution Renaissance" will ever play live, its just so Tolkki can keep all the money himeslf
I see this as a payment to Frontiers for the Saana issue.

And I think that maybe RR will be just this album and Stratovarius will be back again.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:39 am

RazielSR wrote:
Demir wrote:

I see this as a payment to Frontiers for the Saana issue.

And I think that maybe RR will be just this album and Stratovarius will be back again.

What? lol guys you are taking this a bit to hard. There obviously is keyboards and orchestrations. We DID hear a song from the album called Last Night On Earth and there were plenty of keyboards. Timo SAID that he is thinking about asking Jens to do the keyboards live. Why would he ask just to play the keyboards live if there were no keyboards? Come on guys pull yourselves together.

And whats this using the Album as payment for Saana? Thats not how it works and that doesnt even make sense.

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:42 am

Plisken wrote: What? lol guys you are taking this a bit to hard. There obviously is keyboards and orchestrations. We DID hear a song from the album called Last Night On Earth and there were plenty of keyboards. Timo SAID that he is thinking about asking Jens to do the keyboards live. Why would he ask just to play the keyboards live if there were no keyboards? Come on guys pull yourselves together.

And whats this using the Album as payment for Saana? Thats not how it works and that doesnt even make sense.
RR only lists drums player, bass player and singers. Probably "IF" they play live it would be keyboards used for the old Stratvarius songs