Great Tolkki Interview From a Couple Years Ago

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Great Tolkki Interview From a Couple Years Ago

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 am

OnTrackMagazine- Interviews/Your Backstage Pass/The Legacy Of Stratovarius!

http://www.ontrackmagazine.com/03interv ... varius.htm

Good pictures and stuff, too! :music:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Re: Great Tolkki Interview From a Couple Years Ago

Post by icecab21 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:32 am

heres some of what i found most insteresting from the interveiw

OT: Why would you say that?
Timo: Because it cannot be defined; what is good. Because everybody has their preferences and who am I to say what is good, for example. If some guy likes some kind of music that I don’t like, that doesn’t mean that the band’s bad. To define something - what is good - I don’t think we even need to do that. Because we can have all of it and everybody can listen to what they want.

OT: I appreciate a lot of different kinds of music but I kind of apply my own philosophy when judging it. Like movies: you have the “B” movies and there’s poor acting and poor production, it’s the same in music. I mean, granted, there are different styles of music and all, but some things are just lacking. Like you can tell there wasn’t a lot of thought put into it and that there’s definitely talent there but sometimes artists just need to do better but they don’t really put forth the effort; I kind of use that premise to judge music on.
Timo: I know, but for me these words, in relation to music, are just something I never use: good, bad, judge, criticize. But I understand what you mean.

OT: I like the opposite of that: let’s find what’s right with it.
Timo: Critique, I mean you know many music critics are close-minded. If you’re not objective at all, if you just voice your own taste you are not representing the artist accurately. To me a good musical critic is a kind of person who is objective; even if he or she doesn’t like the music, he or she can write an article or a review that other people can really tell what kind of band it is, not just that it sucks.

OT: Yeah, definitely… So my first question for you, is: how are you feeling these days?
Timo: Pretty okay. I mean I went through some really black depression after the last tour again, ‘cause I get this.
OT: Really?
Timo: Yeah, yeah. It can be, like, six or seven months; really, really black, where I don’t even go out. Maybe I went four times, it was from February into the summer and at that time I was supposed to write the new songs. It’s, for me, very much like this. I do take medication for that though and I’ve done therapy for seven years. I have a lot of baggage but I’ve gotten rid of most of it, there is still more though. I guess I’m one of the tormented artists. (Laughter) I’ve just accepted that.
OT: You know what? People are people and sometimes the public forgets that just because you’re a musician doesn’t mean you’ve left all your problems behind or that you’re exempt from that.
Timo: Oh yeah. We are very much humans.

OT: But you’re in a position now, after so many years, to where the record label’s not goin’, ‘Come on, we need another album. Let’s put it out.’
Timo: Yeah, they are doing that… but… I don’t really like to be pushed. I always have this thing - I guess it comes from childhood - if somebody tells me that I have to do something, I can’t do it.

OT: Obviously there were some struggles within the band and the band was breaking up and then there was mention of a female vocalist coming in for awhile there and the fans were even torn in half on that - some were in support of it, some were highly offended by it. Do you remember much of what happened during that time? I mean this all led to your breakdown.
Timo: Well one of them. That was typical manic-phase where you start doing very weird things. We had a very difficult record deal with Sanctuary and all this stuff happened. You see, many people actually think that it was some kind of publicity stunt.
OT: Oh really?
Timo: But that almost ruined us, the fact that stuff like that happened. The fans were completely divided, they were really angry of course, I could tell. We had a female in the band, and ‘F*ck.’ Imagine if Maiden…. and Dickinson was out and they got a female replacement you know? So that’s when I realized when I was over with that, that I needed medication for that. So now I actually take Lithium, which is medicine for bi-polar disorder which keeps it in check. But there’s a down-side too because it does take away the edge of it, it takes away the edge from the ‘manic’. Because ‘manic phase‘ is extremely creative, full of energy and ideas and stuff; many records I wrote I was pretty manic. But for this record it was easy to write. I sense that it takes away some of the edge, I don’t like that, but I have no choice.

T
OT: As long as it’s good music.
Timo: Good music is extremely dangerous though.
OT: You think so? (Laughing)
Timo: Yes I think so.
OT: Why would you say that?
Timo: Because it cannot be defined; what is good. Because everybody has their preferences and who am I to say what is good, for example. If some guy likes some kind of music that I don’t like, that doesn’t mean that the band’s bad. To define something - what is good - I don’t think we even need to do that. Because we can have all of it and everybody can listen to what they want.

OT: I appreciate a lot of different kinds of music but I kind of apply my own philosophy when judging it. Like movies: you have the “B” movies and there’s poor acting and poor production, it’s the same in music. I mean, granted, there are different styles of music and all, but some things are just lacking. Like you can tell there wasn’t a lot of thought put into it and that there’s definitely talent there but sometimes artists just need to do better but they don’t really put forth the effort; I kind of use that premise to judge music on.
Timo: I know, but for me these words, in relation to music, are just something I never use: good, bad, judge, criticize. But I understand what you mean.
OT: See you don’t have the job of getting fifty to a hundred CD’s a month to review.
Timo: Maybe twenty. (Laughing)
OT: But you don’t have to write about ‘em do you?
Timo: No I don’t have to write about ‘em.
OT: And say why people should or shouldn’t go out and buy the CD?
Timo: I hope you like it.
OT: The ones I review…, I always review stuff that I like. If it’s something that I can’t find any interest in at all, then I’ll just pass it up. Because there’s just so much, there’s no way that I could ever review all of it.
Timo: Yeah, of course not.
OT: So I stick to what I know and what I think people will come to our magazine and read about and say, ‘Oh yeah, ok, I’ll have to check that out.’
Timo: It’s hard to be a critic.
OT: (Laughing) It is.
Timo: For me, I don’t like the word ‘critic’ because that comes from Latin and it means, actually, ‘to find fault with’ i.e., critique.
OT: Really? I didn’t know that.
Timo: Yeah. So it’s like, ‘I find what’s wrong with this.’
OT: I like the opposite of that: let’s find what’s right with it.
Timo: Critique, I mean you know many music critics are close-minded. If you’re not objective at all, if you just voice your own taste you are not representing the artist accurately. To me a good musical critic is a kind of person who is objective; even if he or she doesn’t like the music, he or she can write an article or a review that other people can really tell what kind of band it is, not just that it sucks.
OT: Right, well that’s the whole thing, I have always had problems with people who will say that they don’t like something but they can’t explain why they don’t like it.
Timo: Exactly, exactly. That’s very unfair to do something like that.
OT: I mean I’ll tell someone, “You know what? I would never go buy this album, but I respect them a lot because they’ve done this, they’ve done that. I can name a whole bunch of different things. Recently I’ve been talking to different friends about Green Day. Not a fan of Green Day, but I respect them for everything that they’ve done with their music. There’s talent there, I mean they have good harmonies.
Timo: Very good album titles.
OT: Yeah. And I love their humor, they’ve got great humor. (Laughing)
Timo: What is this one album title……
OT: Ummmm, Dookie?
Timo: No the recent one.
OT: American Idiot?
Timo: Yes! (Laughter) That’s pretty good.
OT: That says a lot right there!
Timo: Yeah, I think so. (Everyone’s cracking up!)
OT: Well let me kind of start by saying that your music has definitely been inspiring to me. I mean it’s really moved me in a lot of ways and definitely moved her [Becky Hoyle, Staff Photographer.] in a lot of ways. There’s two artists in the world that will make her cry at shows and you guys definitely did that the last time you were out here. I mean obviously you are just breaking ground over here in the States so we’re kind of late bloomers to the whole Stratovarius legacy. We came in on the Elements Part II album, actually, but since have added many new CDs to our collection and really enjoying everything you’ve put out so far.
Timo: Cool. It’s a long story. (Laughter) Twenty-two years.
OT: I know, it’s amazing to me. Honestly, I grew up with all of the 80’s music and I was pretty depressed through the 90’s. There wasn’t a lot of stuff that I was really enjoying, and I was just looking in the wrong area: I was looking here in America and there just wasn’t anything here. And it wasn’t ‘til… I was actually talking to Ronnie James Dio and he mentioned this band called Blind Guardian and that they did this Tolkien-like thing, so I went and checked them out, and of course they were on Century Media and there was just this whole list of hundreds of things and so I started looking to all the European stuff and was just amazed at what I found and it’s been never-ending since then. I don’t think I’ll ever get everything that I want.
Timo: Yeah, it’s cool you opened the doors.
OT: Yeah, definitely… So my first question for you, is: how are you feeling these days?
Timo: Pretty okay. I mean I went through some really black depression after the last tour again, ‘cause I get this.
OT: Really?
Timo: Yeah, yeah. It can be, like, six or seven months; really, really black, where I don’t even go out. Maybe I went four times, it was from February into the summer and at that time I was supposed to write the new songs. It’s, for me, very much like this. I do take medication for that though and I’ve done therapy for seven years. I have a lot of baggage but I’ve gotten rid of most of it, there is still more though. I guess I’m one of the tormented artists. (Laughter) I’ve just accepted that.
OT: You know what? People are people and sometimes the public forgets that just because you’re a musician doesn’t mean you’ve left all your problems behind or that you’re exempt from that.
Timo: Oh yeah. We are very much humans.
OT: Well I’m glad to know that you’re doing ok now.
Timo: I am doing ok, and I enjoy this tour very much, actually. The songs are very up-tempo.

OT: Very good, excited about that. I know a lot of artists are really fueled in their writing when they’re at low points; you’re talking about being at a point so low that you weren’t able to write anything.
Timo: Yes, just surviving.
OT: But generally, do you write a lot of stuff out of your anguish, out of where you come from or do you try to focus more on the positive side of things, or maybe a blend?
Timo: I don’t try to do pretty much anything, actually, when I write; I let it flow. It’s very much a natural thing. I know when the time is right, and when I start writing the songs they just come, I have a space where I go... For this record I rented a space where I went every day. I walked three kilometers listening to classical music, and usually I always got a song, in two hours; they just come. And if they don’t come, then I know that the time isn’t right; I don’t push it.

OT: That’s definitely the mark of a good writer, being able to write something that’s not forced.
Timo: Yeah, of course, as far as the craftsmanship goes, I can write a song, of course, no problem.

OT: But you’re in a position now, after so many years, to where the record label’s not goin’, ‘Come on, we need another album. Let’s put it out.’
Timo: Yeah, they are doing that… but… I don’t really like to be pushed. I always have this thing - I guess it comes from childhood - if somebody tells me that I have to do something, I can’t do it.
OT: Isn’t that human nature though? That’s just the rebellious streak that all of us have sometimes.
Timo: Yeah maybe it is, I don’t know, could be. For me it’s very extreme. I’m aware of that and, of course, sometimes I have to do this, y’know.
OT: I know that prior to the release of the last album there was a huge explosion that happened….
Timo: No kidding. It was a real field day.
OT: Obviously there were some struggles within the band and the band was breaking up and then there was mention of a female vocalist coming in for awhile there and the fans were even torn in half on that - some were in support of it, some were highly offended by it. Do you remember much of what happened during that time? I mean this all led to your breakdown.
Timo: Well one of them. That was typical manic-phase where you start doing very weird things. We had a very difficult record deal with Sanctuary and all this stuff happened. You see, many people actually think that it was some kind of publicity stunt.
OT: Oh really?
Timo: But that almost ruined us, the fact that stuff like that happened. The fans were completely divided, they were really angry of course, I could tell. We had a female in the band, and ‘F*ck.’ Imagine if Maiden…. and Dickinson was out and they got a female replacement you know? So that’s when I realized when I was over with that, that I needed medication for that. So now I actually take Lithium, which is medicine for bi-polar disorder which keeps it in check. But there’s a down-side too because it does take away the edge of it, it takes away the edge from the ‘manic’. Because ‘manic phase‘ is extremely creative, full of energy and ideas and stuff; many records I wrote I was pretty manic. But for this record it was easy to write. I sense that it takes away some of the edge, I don’t like that, but I have no choice.
OT: Well your health’s gotta come first.
Timo: I have this thing, it is like a cancer - bi-polar disorder is an un-curable disease and many artists have this; Hemingway had this, Beethoven, Curt Cobain, the list is endless.

OT: I was gonna ask: what was it that eventually saved you? Obviously you mentioned the medication but I know you went through some spiritual things as well.
Timo: Oh that started already in ’98 with the Destiny record; I went through some kind of spiritual awakening. I started reading a lot of books; I have, like, over 700 books which I bought in the last ten years. They’re all about psychology and behavior and philosophy and stuff.

OT: You mentioned in a previous interview that you were wondering how an innocent child could become a Hitler-like figure.
Timo: It’s easy to explain, actually. He was being hit daily by his father, extremely. So he became this extremely angry, extremely narcissistic individual, who was undoubtedly also a genius in many things. But to use the power in this way, which resulted in things we know, should be studied. I think there’s something fundamentally wrong in the human character if this kind of thing can happen. I mean, why the f*ck it happened? It shouldn’t happen, it shouldn’t happen.

Timo: Yes. I don’t know if it’s gonna be classical, but definitely I want to do something with a female singer, like the opera, little bit opera singer; something even much more sensitive than Stratovarius even with our drums, something etheric - atmospheric stuff. I have this need to do something different. I’ve actually auditioned some American and Canadian singers in Atlanta and Quebec. I found one really good one.

OT: You have to have an accurate representation.
Timo: Yes, yes. And I think that we’re going to do something in a few years because we have many gigs actually recorded, we have a great sound from three or four gigs, so we can maybe combine stuff and make sort of a package with history of the band, and interviews of old members, how it started and stuff like this.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:42 pm

It is a good interview, but there are a couple answers which directly contradict what TT is saying/claiming now!
Were you observant enough to see them? ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 am

i just noticed my copy paste job of the interveiw parts was horrible lol. ill take a man of contradition that makes music like tolkki any day over someone who has no controversy and so songs that i find as enjoyable.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:19 am

That doesn't sound like the Timo we all hate now... what happened??? :(
Jens???

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:05 am

hate the dis ease and the actions not the man

i think the theme song for this is the evil that men do. although i don't think tolkki has done anything wrong other from the blown deal with santuary. i think this situation is much better than the 3 album in 8 years that we have seen. 5 (including demo, newera, orgional group project and two from the bands) in a year and a half is good for me.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 am

icecab21 wrote:hate the dis ease and the actions not the man

i think the theme song for this is the evil that men do. although i don't think tolkki has done anything wrong other from the blown deal with santuary. i think this situation is much better than the 3 album in 8 years that we have seen. 5 (including demo, newera, orgional group project and two from the bands) in a year and a half is good for me.
But it's not the same music, I mean, 3 albums in 8 years may sound bad at first but if you listen to them you'll hear that the quality justifies the wait... but if you hear the last albums, I can honestly say that I would have waited a couple of months... besides, I don't think anyone really "Hates" tolkki, he made a mistake, well a Huge mistake regarding strato but he is a nice guy as we can see in that interview. But he "sounds" so happy about the band... That's why I'm asking: What the hell happened in that year for Timo to disband Strato??? :( I think some band member should say something about this ... Jens?? :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:47 am

icecab21 wrote: ill take a man of contradition that makes music like tolkki any day over someone who has no controversy and so songs that i find as enjoyable.
In other words, you apply different standards to musicians and to "regular" people? :roll:
What about people who do not make music, are they allowed to be contradictory, too? :?
Most of the time, in the REAL world, if someone contradicts themselves time&again, there is a name for that. And, its not too flattering.
So, you are saying its OK for musicians to be that way? But, not the guy down the street?

@AGAG, you got my point, exactly! ;) Congratulations! :D
In this interview, Tolkki is very happy over the band situation&is talking glowingly about Kotipelto, and everything.
Then, in his recent statements TT is saying things were NOT that great during that time. :?
There are LOTS of interviews back then with the same great atmosphere as this one.

No wonder fans are confused, sad&even a litle pissed.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:21 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
icecab21 wrote: ill take a man of contradition that makes music like tolkki any day over someone who has no controversy and so songs that i find as enjoyable.
In other words, you apply different standards to musicians and to "regular" people? :roll:
What about people who do not make music, are they allowed to be contradictory, too? :?
Most of the time, in the REAL world, if someone contradicts themselves time&again, there is a name for that. And, its not too flattering.
So, you are saying its OK for musicians to be that way? But, not the guy down the street?

@AGAG, you got my point, exactly! ;) Congratulations! :D
In this interview, Tolkki is very happy over the band situation&is talking glowingly about Kotipelto, and everything.
Then, in his recent statements TT is saying things were NOT that great during that time. :?
There are LOTS of interviews back then with the same great atmosphere as this one.

No wonder fans are confused, sad&even a litle pissed.
Strictly, the people who consume music don't really have to deal with the people who make it. But all this has changed a bit with all this internet connectivity. Now all these extra-musical issues come up, directly between fans and sometimes also involving the bands... which is something that was not even possible ten years ago.

You just have to realize that TT is saying a lot of things at the moments which may not make much sense to anyone else.

I don't agree with some of them or how he conducts business, but I don't have to. he doesn't speak for me and he can not legitimately and legally sign things on my behalf.

But on the other hand, I do have the right to speak my mind, and "set the record straight according to my beliefs" if there is information being disseminated out there which i believe to be incorrect, deliberately misleading, or just delusional.

-shrug-

no big deal really, even me bringing it up here might bring undeserved attention to it.

/j
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan
================================

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:39 am

This band has had great times together and they have had bad times. People have their environments where they act good and other environments where they don't act so well. Stratovarius seemed to be that on and off again relationship where the guys, just grew to have differences and a need for a different direction. It’s human, its chemical, relationships can’t always have the same sparks and sometimes they can go from high to low and in a low a person cannot see the high. Tolkki is bipolar and that is a reality that affects his behavior. Is it wrong for me to look for common grounds on things that I can share and have a conversation in good spirit?

I do apply different standards to people, but only because some have helped educate me and enjoy good feeling and relationships more than others. That does not mean being contradictory is ok for some and would be a huge deal for anyone else. I’m not sure what this real world is that you talk about because there are many different cultures and social groups and some choose love and work to help and prevent. My standards are that I look for ways to connect and try to humanize and understand, this is my way that I would rather live trying to connect to good feelings and energy than negative. Aren’t you as well applying different standards as well? Would you be spending time doing this to a person that you have no knowledge of and that has not had a part in your life that has some of the same contradictions? Nothing is a permanent behavior and everyone has sides of light and dark, id rather find light and share light. It’s not about believing everything the guy says it’s about these guys being in an environment where they can successful is happy and united. The rest of stratovarius is doing great together and tolkki is doing great with RR so that’s what I want. Everyone can be a saint at times and everyone can be an ass at times. When a person acts like an ass the person needs help and support, not just a bunch people that seems to show more interesting in criticizing than finding a solution or empathy for the problem. Let’s not remember people for the evil that men do. Besides, other bands like windir and sublime ended because of a death. Everyone is alive and has an opportunity to make a positive contribution to their family, friends, and the world

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Well, applying one standard of behavior to one group of people, and another standard to another is not only wrong&stupid, it leads to resentment because of its obvious unfairness. If you truly feel the way you do, that double standards are somewhat acceptable, then maybe you could get into politics. Double standards abound in that arena. :roll:

Thats why some people, in their personal life, behave the way they do. To say to the world,"If its okay for such-and-such to act the way they do, then to hell with you, I'm going to do it, too! I have a right." Thats why I, personally, even as a female, live my life in some ways like a rock star. If society does not like it, it can kiss my ass! :D

BTW, its nobodys business, but for your information, my Aunt happens to be Bipolar&she has never, ever used her illness as an excuse, or a way to cover her ass if she makes mistakes. Its a hard road to travel in this life for most of us, and people afflicted with this disease have it twice as bad, and their loved ones go through hell. The point is, most people try to be responsible for their own actions&do not blame their mistakes on their illness.

You didn't read Jens post did you, icecab21? :?

But, yes, we will just have to wait for everything to work itself out. The year 2009 is going to be a fan-tastic year.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Offspring - Half-truism

One is for envy
And one just for spite
The cuts in my heart
They show in your eyes
Don’t make it better
The twisting knife
Turns all by itself
Move on to someone else

Your self-liberation
Will leave this behind
Beyond slings and arrows
That rain on our minds
You’ll make it better
Shake it off
It never mattered anyway

If we don’t make it alive
Well it’s a hell of a good day to die
All our light that shines strong
Only lasts for so long

And it’s ashes to ashes again
Should we even try to pretend?
Only lasts for so long

The banner you’re waving
Is burning and red
It’s blocking the sunlight
That shines overhead
You against the world
Diamonds and pearls
Voices inside you churn
Watch the city burn

Your own liberation
Will leave them behind
All the slings and arrows
That rain on your mind
Don’t make it better
Break it cause
It never mattered anyway
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:28 pm

AGAG wrote:That doesn't sound like the Timo we all hate now... what happened??? :(
Jens???
true, I may not like some of the things Tolkki had done, but we are all humans; we make mistakes. Never so much in my life has the lyrics of Timo Tolkki made more sense to me as of recent. The answers have been all around and inside of us. Life is a series of events of joy and pain as living is to dying. If we realize our time and love is limited, because we will learn to value ourselves and move on in life. Timo is living whole heartedly and passionately. If Timo was half-hearted about what he felt, we wouldn't have the creative and courageous art that he's created today. Life is about change unless you want your life to be monotonous. It takes a lot of courage to take a leap as to leave a part of your life that you have so much vested time and interests in like Timo has done. Usually when there is change, there's turmoil because it questions the status quo and I know these dark attitudes will settle down. I hope that all drama set aside, both parties will be happy and reach that "sunny road like the way things used to be".

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Well, applying one standard of behavior to one group of people, and another standard to another is not only wrong&stupid, it leads to resentment because of its obvious unfairness. If you truly feel the way you do, that double standards are somewhat acceptable, then maybe you could get into politics. Double standards abound in that arena.

Thats why some people, in their personal life, behave the way they do. To say to the world,"If its okay for such-and-such to act the way they do, then to hell with you, I'm going to do it, too! I have a right." Thats why I, personally, even as a female, live my life in some ways like a rock star. If society does not like it, it can kiss my ass!

BTW, its nobodys business, but for your information, my Aunt happens to be Bipolar&she has never, ever used her illness as an excuse, or a way to cover her ass if she makes mistakes. Its a hard road to travel in this life for most of us, and people afflicted with this disease have it twice as bad, and their loved ones go through hell. The point is, most people try to be responsible for their own actions&do not blame their mistakes on their illness.

You didn't read Jens post did you, icecab21?

But, yes, we will just have to wait for everything to work itself out. The year 2009 is going to be a fan-tastic year.

I can’t speak for tolkki and I have not used bipolar as an excuse but rather a possible explanation in to the well, bipolar attitude and behavior. i havent seen tolkki blame anything on his illness. I still haven’t seen tolkki do anything wrong but for some business decisions. He has not physically or mentally harmed anyone on purpose as far as I know. Tolkki said that stratovarius was being a hostile environment for him and a hostile environment does not bring out the best in people. Now earlier kotipelto and jorg left the band because the guys weren’t getting a long and I have a hard time believing that tolkki just made up non existing troubles with the guys when it was really rainbows and butterfly’s the whole time with them laughing and being best friends forever. I don’t get why people just blame tolkki instead of the guys he says he was having difficulties with as well. So if I seem to have ignored Jens post please inform me where I haven’t answered or what I haven’t taken into account. of course on either side if someone makes a illstatement it needs a rebuttal. i think jens has been a lot more civalized than some other people on this forum. I just believe everything can be changeable and that tolkki WAS hard to work with and not IS hard to work with like it’s a finite fact. These guys were in a band together for over 10 years, Tolkki could not have always made decisions like this. I also think that him starting a new band was the best thing for everyone.

and just for fun lol since you act like i treat tolkki with this veiw lol

I am the earth and sky
I am the low and high
I am the snowflake in the winter evening
I am the birth and death
I am your final breath
I am the one that gave you life and freedom
Choosing your own way

Everything you've ever known
Every seed that you have sown
Came from me, I made you
My creation is supreme
This is all my perfect dream
No mistakes in God's great "perfect" cosmic play

I am the Alpha, I am the Omega
I am the beginning and the end of time
My whole creation stands before me tonight

I am the dark and light
I am the day and night
I am the mirage
I am the echo
I am the fear and anger
I am a familiar stranger
I am the shadow, I am a star that guides you
Until the end of time

Everything you've ever known
Every seed that you have sown
Came from me, I made you
My creation is supreme
This is all my perfect dream
No mistakes in God's great "perfect" cosmic play

I am the beginning and the end of time
My whole creation stands before me tonight

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 pm

RazielSR wrote:Offspring - Half-truism

One is for envy
And one just for spite
The cuts in my heart
They show in your eyes
Don’t make it better
The twisting knife
Turns all by itself
Move on to someone else

Your self-liberation
Will leave this behind
Beyond slings and arrows
That rain on our minds
You’ll make it better
Shake it off
It never mattered anyway

If we don’t make it alive
Well it’s a hell of a good day to die
Only lasts for so long

And it’s ashes to ashes again
Should we even try to pretend?
Only lasts for so long

The banner you’re waving
Is burning and red
It’s blocking the sunlight
That shines overhead
You against the world
Diamonds and pearls
Voices inside you churn
Watch the city burn

Your own liberation
Will leave them behind
All the slings and arrows
That rain on your mind
Don’t make it better
Break it cause
It never mattered anyway
Thats a nice song, Raziel! Kinda catchy! :music: Good song for a politician to use as a campaign advert! :headbang:
But, this song is more on-topic:

W.A.S.P------The Idol

Will I be alone this morning

Will I need my friends

Something just to ease away the pain

And now I never see the loneliness

Behind my face

I am just a prisoner to my faith

If I could only stand and stare in the mirror would I see

One fallen hero with a face like me

And if I scream, could anybody hear me

If I smash the silence, you'll see what fame has done to me

Kiss away the pain and leave me lonely

I'll never know if love's a lie

Ooh - being crazy in paradise is easy

Can you see the prisoners in my eyes

Where is the love to shelter me

Give me love, love set me free

Where is the love, to shelter me

Only love, love set me free

Set me free
------------------------
Got any more catchy tunes, Raziel? :?
Offspring sounds like a neat band. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:50 pm

fun with lyrics forum

On the turning away
from the pale and downtrodden
and the words they say
wich we won't understand
" don't accept that what's happening
is just a case of others' suffering
or you'll find that you're joining in
the turning away"

It's a sin that somehow
light is changing to shadow
and casting it's shroud
over all we have known
unaware how the ranks have grown
driven on by a heart of stone
we could find that we're all alone
in the dream of the proud

On the wings of the night
as the daytime is stirring
where the speechless unite
in a silent accord
using words you will find are strange
and mesmerised as they light the flame
feel the new wind of change
on the wings of the night

No more turning away
from the weak and the weary
no more turning away
from the coldness inside
just a world that we all must share
it's not enough just to stand and stare
is it only a dream that there'll be
no more turning away?

SETH

Post by SETH » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:00 am

@BEG, you are not a stupid woman. Couldn't you see that Raziel posted that song in response to your post above it? :lol:
All I got to say about this idolizing bullshit is that if everybody in the world defended, supported, and stood beside family and friends the same way they stood beside and supported a musician they did not even know personally, this world would be lots better off.
Alpha and Omega is actually making fun of religion, can't you see that? A and O song seems like devotion to God, but actually it is the opposite. Its blasphemy.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 am

The main point of what I try in do in "defense" is point out that everyone has the potential to contribute great things to this world and their family. There are many things that we can connect on and enjoy together. I use this approach to everyone and think that if we treat our family well then we should treat everyone like family. Part of treating family well is to care for them and try and help them get past times of trouble. We can sit here and find all kinds of ways to be upset at each other or we can find common ground and learn to respect differences. I would rather we helped each other become good people that can make positive contributions than to just write people of and want to isolate their potential. When something wrong happens to me the best thing to do is use that as a case study to help better the the future. We only lose become hopeless when we deem others as hopeless.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:30 am

SETH wrote:@BEG, you are not a stupid woman. Couldn't you see that Raziel posted that song in response to your post above it? :lol:
All I got to say about this idolizing bullshit is that if everybody in the world defended, supported, and stood beside family and friends the same way they stood beside and supported a musician they did not even know personally, this world would be lots better off.
Alpha and Omega is actually making fun of religion, can't you see that? A and O song seems like devotion to God, but actually it is the opposite. Its blasphemy.
Well, I like the Alpha and Omega song. I named my 2 boxer dogs those names. Not after the song, per se, I just liked the words Alpha and Omega. And, the Alpha dog is the most aggressive and the leader.
Off-topic, but I like that song.
@SETH, you don't come here too much but when you do........:buh: I really didn't know you felt that way about that song. ???

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16 pm

alpha and omega are much better names than beggining and end, first and last, A and Z ,or start and finish. now do you spell them Α and Ω?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:04 pm

SETH wrote:@BEG, you are not a stupid woman. Couldn't you see that Raziel posted that song in response to your post above it? :lol:
It's just the internet, a bunch of letters typed. Then you log off and go on with your daily life. Defending and supporting your family usually requires a lot more effort and devotion :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Moar lyrics!

ANAL CUNT - HITLER WAS A SENSITIVE MAN

[Chorus:]
Hitler was a sensitive man

He went to art school when he was younger
He wanted to be a painter
Hitler was a vegetarian
He was also a non-smoker

[Chorus]

He hired gay and handicapped officers
He was concerned about overpopulation
If Hitler were alive today
He’d listen to The Cure, The Smiths, and Depeche Mode

[Chorus]

ANAL CUNT - LIMP BIZKIT THINK THEY'RE BLACK BUT THEY'RE JUST GAY

Fred Durst is a fucking faggot
He thinks he's black, but he's just gay
He cancelled a show 'cause he sprained his ankle
He's also a fucking midget

[Chorus:]
You're not fucking black, you're just fucking gay
You're not fucking black, you're just fucking gay
You're fucking gay

The guitarist wears a mask
To hide the cum stains on his face
They're the gayest band I've ever seen
And I've seen the Culture Club live

[Chorus]

Fred wears a hat to hide his baldness
I refuse to believe blacks think he's cool
I wish he'd beaten and raped by some black guy
And see if he still wants to be black

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:02 am

:lol:
His Bizkit wasn't too limp,
Fred Durst fucked Paris Hilton.

But, so did Britney Spears. :D

@SETH, I knew what Raziel was doing, I just decided to play along with the silly game. ;)
And, play along, I shall:

Title :Regie Hamm - (American Idol Song)
I've been waiting for my dreams
To turn into something
I could believe in
And looking for that
Magic rainbow
On the horizon
I couldn't see it
Until I let go
Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
Now I'm coming alive
Body and soul
And feelin' my world start to turn
And I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time
To be more than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life
Holding onto things that vanished
Into the air
Left me in pieces
But now I'm rising from the ashes
Finding my wings
And all that I needed
Was there all along
Within my reach
As close as the beat of my heart
So I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time to be
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
Time of my life
And I'm out on the edge of forever
Ready to run
I'm keeping my feet on the ground
My arms open wide
My face to the sun
I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time to be
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
Time of my life
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
This is the time
This is the time of my life.
This is the time of my life.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 pm

browneyedgirl wrote::lol:

Nice interview BEG, and interesting answers.
BTW, Britney has fucked with so many guys, but she didn't fuck with all those who wanted to fuck with her, who were quite a lot.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Lurdi wrote:

BTW, Britney has fucked with so many guys, but she didn't fuck with all those who wanted to fuck with her, who were quite a lot.
I know. ;) If she had been a male musician like Gene Simmons, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, etc. nothing would've been said at all about her "outlandish" sexual behavior. People would've laughed, or even thought it cool if Britney had ben a male musician! Oh, what a difference a Penis makes. :)
Actually, it has been said Britney has been diagnosed with BiPolar disorder, so people should keep that in mind before that label her a "Whore" or a "Slut" just because of her behavior. Hmmmmm? If Britney&Paris are Sluts because of their behavior, what are those guys called for the same? ???
Thats way off-topic.
I need to find another interview to get it back on topic, I guess. :D

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:36 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Lurdi wrote:

I know. ;) If she had been a male musician like Gene Simmons, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, etc. nothing would've been said at all about her "outlandish" sexual behavior. People would've laughed, or even thought it cool if Britney had ben a male musician! Oh, what a difference a Penis makes. :)
Actually, it has been said Britney has been diagnosed with BiPolar disorder, so people should keep that in mind before that label her a "Whore" or a "Slut" just because of her behavior. Hmmmmm? If Britney&Paris are Sluts because of their behavior, what are those guys called for the same? ???
Thats way off-topic.
:D
Yes, that is absolutely true, but I am happy for not having a penis :lol:
She has bipolar disorder, but she is feeling ok right now. Sometimes it's not that you are a fool, but the people who make you drive mad. Off topic again :?

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Lurdi wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Lurdi wrote:

Thats way off-topic.
:D
Yes, that is absolutely true, but I am happy for not having a penis :lol:
She has bipolar disorder, but she is feeling ok right now. Sometimes it's not that you are a fool, but the people who make you drive mad. Off topic again :?
If we talk about bipolar stuff it's always on topic . Right?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:27 am

:D :shock: :D

The Offspring, You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

Show me how to lie
You’re getting better all the time
And turning all against the one
Is an art that’s hard to teach
Another clever word
Sets off an unsuspecting herd
And as you get back into line
A mob jumps to their feet

Now dance, fucker, dance
Man, he never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you

And now you steal away
Take him out today
Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes
When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

Slowly out of line
And drifting closer in your sights
So play it out I’m wide awake
It’s a scene about me
There’s something in your way
And now someone is gonna pay
And if you can’t get what you want
Well it’s all because of me

Now dance, fucker, dance
Man, I never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you

And now you’ll lead the way
Show the light of day
Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid
Trust, deceived!

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Now dance, fucker, dance
He never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you

So dance, fucker, dance
I never had a chance
It was really only you

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Clever alibis
Lord of the flies
When you walk away
Nothing more to say
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...