Confirmed Stratovarius shows

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
brought2ubyletterC
Re: Confirmed Stratovarius shows

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 am

Nexus sounds more Strato-like, so I am rooting for that to be the name.

InfernalMaze

Post by InfernalMaze » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 am

Can't wait for it to be 2013! :-) Going to the Mons show and the one in Uden, really can't wait!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:53 am

How much would it be for postage to ship me to one of these shows? :lol:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Tix are out now!! Ordered them for all German shows :banana1::banana2::banana1::banana2::banana1::banana2: Available here: www.metaltix.de

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

too bad Stratovarius is not coming to Montreal... :(

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:17 am

doc_holliday wrote:too bad Stratovarius is not coming to Montreal... :(
Well..maybe...we don't know yet. But I'm afraid that last time they came it wasn't crowded enough because of the metallica show...:S ...in an interview (don't remember wich one) Jens said that maybe they will tour in north america...so there's still hope ;)

Moi j'ai encore de l'espoir entk! :roll: Ça fait beaucoup trop longtemps! 2009 c'est loin!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 pm

We need to know how many time will they play. I mean, I suppose the tour is more about Stratovarius than Amaranthe? I don't want to see them just 40 minutes like last time with Helloween!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:43 pm

+1
If they're gonna have to do their second double headlining tour without actually headlining, there's something seriously wrong in this world :x

But nevertheless, guess what I found in my postbox today:

:D

BTW I heard rumours about a show in Osnabrück on April 14... guess it won't take long until the next leg is announced! Wish you guys luck who don't have a show in their country yet!

And I still wish myself luck for the FMC :P today I finally realised that with this tour, when Amaranthe are on the cruise, chances aren't too bad for Stratovarius as well :oops:

symphox

Post by symphox » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:49 pm

One more show added, Osnabrück/Germany confirmed on the 14th of March, 2013 :)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:01 pm

symphox wrote:One more show added, Osnabrück/Germany confirmed on the 14th of March, 2013 :)
Thank you, never had such a quick confirmation before ;) Ehm, are you sure about March, not April?

symphox

Post by symphox » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Yep sorry it's April.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Thank you!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

RazielSR wrote:We need to know how many time will they play. I mean, I suppose the tour is more about Stratovarius than Amaranthe? I don't want to see them just 40 minutes like last time with Helloween!
From what I understand -- 75 minutes each.

Should be fun :o)

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:41 am

JensJohansson wrote:
RazielSR wrote:We need to know how many time will they play. I mean, I suppose the tour is more about Stratovarius than Amaranthe? I don't want to see them just 40 minutes like last time with Helloween!
From what I understand -- 75 minutes each.

Should be fun :o)
Should be, but there is a big difference between the two bands for playing both the same time... Of course it's a big band to tour with, but as a special guest, like Helloween did on the 7 Sinners World Tour.

Stratovarius during the last 3 years has done a hard work to recover fans and credibility, last summer Stratovarius played just before Nightwish and after bands like Korpiklaani or, comparing the schedules, after bands like Unisonic, Firewind, Freedom Call, Exodus or Kamelot (in Masters of Rock), so it seems that Stratovarius once again has the "caché" that had long time ago (perhaps it's not the same, but just to notice the recovering of the band) and I think that most part of the fans wanted Stratovarius to headline once again his own world tour...

I like the choice of Amaranthe as a special guest support band, but hell, you have put Amaranthe in the same level that Stratovarius!

Nevertheless, I will buy the ticket too because it seems that it will memorable, just hope that Amaranthe goes before Stratovarius...

PD: It's not a criticism, this comment is due to the astonishment xD.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:37 am

Shogakat wrote:Should be, but there is a big difference between the two bands for playing both the same time... Of course it's a big band to tour with, but as a special guest, like Helloween did on the 7 Sinners World Tour.

Stratovarius during the last 3 years has done a hard work to recover fans and credibility, last summer Stratovarius played just before Nightwish and after bands like Korpiklaani or, comparing the schedules, after bands like Unisonic, Firewind, Freedom Call, Exodus or Kamelot (in Masters of Rock), so it seems that Stratovarius once again has the "caché" that had long time ago (perhaps it's not the same, but just to notice the recovering of the band) and I think that most part of the fans wanted Stratovarius to headline once again his own world tour...

I like the choice of Amaranthe as a special guest support band, but hell, you have put Amaranthe in the same level that Stratovarius!

Nevertheless, I will buy the ticket too because it seems that it will memorable, just hope that Amaranthe goes before Stratovarius...
Lol.. well this is the type of stuff i don't really care so much about, it's just fun to play.

But from a practical standpoint -- if you are a hardcore Strato fan, surely it's better if we play first?? Because that way you can watch our show and then leave or get totally wasted or what have you. :lol:

You never know until afterwards how a tour is selling, but Amaranthe is a pretty strong band actually.

There are a million other factors as well. Eg., Amaranthe are releasing a new album roughly the same time as we are.. would we rather have them go on their own separate tour with 2-3 other good bands, in the same territory and time frame as this tour -- and then compete with that package?

Also, I always like when some parts of a package tour have a bit different audience. Both bands can get new fans that way. This was the case a bit on that "StratoHammer" co headline tour of .. whenever it was.

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:29 pm

The most important thing is that they do a tour,i remember the last headline dates they did a gig in Amsterdam and there were only about 200 people.
So it's a good thing to go on tour with a band like Amaranthe to win some new fans.
I can't wait to see them in Holland and Germany :headbang:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks for the info, Jens! :wink: 75 minutes is really cool and it will be awesome to go to the concert in that case. Anyway, it's true that we really need a "real" Stratovarius tour. But I think and I understand that it is difficult nowadays and you need to get more fans to your gig even if the other band is let's say, Amaranthe. We'll be able to see 75 minutes of Stratovarius, so it is perfect. If you think about it, all the bands are doing more or less the same. Shit, when I was at DT concert past February, I had to see Periphery which is imho one of the most horrible bands ever created (I really don't like those metalcore/growling bands). Maybe we'll be lucky and we'll see/hear the new single in that gig! :D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:10 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Shogakat wrote:Should be, but there is a big difference between the two bands for playing both the same time... Of course it's a big band to tour with, but as a special guest, like Helloween did on the 7 Sinners World Tour.

Lol.. well this is the type of stuff i don't really care so much about, it's just fun to play.

But from a practical standpoint -- if you are a hardcore Strato fan, surely it's better if we play first?? Because that way you can watch our show and then leave or get totally wasted or what have you. :lol:

You never know until afterwards how a tour is selling, but Amaranthe is a pretty strong band actually.

There are a million other factors as well. Eg., Amaranthe are releasing a new album roughly the same time as we are.. would we rather have them go on their own separate tour with 2-3 other good bands, in the same territory and time frame as this tour -- and then compete with that package?

Also, I always like when some parts of a package tour have a bit different audience. Both bands can get new fans that way. This was the case a bit on that "StratoHammer" co headline tour of .. whenever it was.
You guys should really see if you can get Dragonland instead of Amaranthe...
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:10 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

You guys should really see if you can get Dragonland instead of Amaranthe...
They let us have signatures on this forum???

foerg

Post by foerg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am

JensJohansson wrote:
26.11.2005 kaufbeuren! remember the beer?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:10 am

I hope to see you in Madrid again next year.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 am

Lurdi wrote:I hope to see you in Madrid again next year.
Aren't you from Valencia, though?

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Yes I am, it's easy to catch a train to get to Madrid. :) Since they are not coming to Valencia, we will have to go there.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 am

I notice that Jens cleverly side-steps the inquiries about North America... :lol:

That's OK, Jens. I still love ya. :D

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Maybe there will be problems for the Strato concert in Madrid, there was a problem in Madrid Arena : http://www.efe.com/efe/noticias/english ... 60/1902236

Let's see if the venue will be open and not inside some kind of legal issue.

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:59 pm

It seems like Stratovarius is coming to Lutakko 27.4.2013. I was there last time when they were having Jörg Finnish Farewell Tour. It's nice to see them again. Can't wait for the spring and the new album. 8)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I just saw they added two Russian tour dates as well! Since the first post of this thread is a bit out of date, I'll now post the complete dates (as yet) for the sake of having them all together in here - hope I got them all. People, if you have attended one of the shows, please remember to share your experiences with us :D

09./10.02.2013: Radio Rock Cruise, Finland

08.03.2013: Tavastia, Helsinki, Finland

15.03.2013: Aurora Hall, St.Petersburg, Russia

16.03.2013: A2 Club, Moscow, Russia

20.03.2013: Backstagehalle, Munich, Germany

21.03.2013: Stadtgarten, Erfurt, Germany

22.03.2013: Masters Of Rock Cafe, Zlin, Czech Republic

23.03.2013: Club 202, Budapest, Hungary

24.03.2013: Majestic Club, Bratislava, Slovakia

26.03.2013: Szene, Vienna, Austria

27.03.2013: Hirsch, Nürnberg, Germany

28.03.2013: Matrix, Bochum, Germany

29.03.2013: Grünspan, Hamburg, Germany

30.03.2013: De Pul, Uden, Netherlands

31.03.2013: La Cigale, Paris, France

02.04.2013: La Laiterie, Strasbourg, France

03.04.2013: Le Kao, Lyon, France

05.04.2013: Razzmatazz 2, Barcelona, Spain

06.04.2013: Arena, Madrid, Spain

07.04.2013: Rock Star, Bilbao, Spain

09.04.2013: Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland

10.04.2013: Alcatrazz, Milan, Italia

11.04.2013: Rockfabrik, Ludwigsburg, Germany

13.04.2013: PPM Fest (Festival), Mons, Belgium

14.04.2013: Rosenhof, Osnabrück, Germany

16.04.2013: Amager Bio, Copenhagen, Danmark

17.04.2013: KB, Malmö, Sweden

18.04.2013: Klubben, Stockholm, Sweden

19.04.2013: Finlandia-klubi, Lahti, Finland

20.04.2013: Pakkahuone, Tampere, Finland

26.04.2013: Vaakuna, Mikkeli, Finland

27.04.2013: Lutakko, Jyväskylä, Finland

30.04.2013: Virgin Oil, Helsinki, Finland

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 pm

no love for south america? what´s the deal with that jens!?
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:24 am

adrian9 wrote:no love for south america? what´s the deal with that jens!?
At least to Argentina...Coz nobody cares about Venezuela :D
|StratoFan Forever|

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 am

No love for North America yet either, it seems. :cry: