Buenos Aires, Argentina: 14/10/09 SET LIST: SPOILER!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Eugenia
Buenos Aires, Argentina: 14/10/09 SET LIST: SPOILER!

Post by Eugenia » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 am

I have to tell you that it was an awesome night. We have four support bands and Strato began to play at 22:hs aproximately. They started with Destiny. All the crowd started to jump, then Hunting high and low!.... My corner was a mess and the security guards tried to push us backwards but it was impossible: the venue was really packed as Lauri said. I don't remember the order of the songs but they were: Speed of Light, Phoenix, Kiss Of judas,A million light years away and the three Polaris songs: Deep Unknown, Winter Skies and Forever is today, my favourite. Lauri smiled all the time and Timo was a bit surprised of the reaction of the people. We all sang along and it was beautiful!.. even the polaris songs.
Matias and Lauri played a duel while they were drinking some beer. It was great!!
Then everybody sang will my soul ever rest in peace? I have to say that I almost cried. That song really touched me. And then they played Twilight Symphony, Eagleheart and Forever. Timo shown at the crowd a half argentinian - half finnish flag which was a present from argentinian stratovarius street team. Then, it was all dark and they returned and played Father Time and Black Diamond. Lauri wore and argentinian t-shirt, another present from argentinian street team. And that's all! It was really short to me but I really enjoyed it. I have to say that it was awesome. The band shown a lot of strength and they had fun too!
Sorry for my mistakes. I am writting this very quickly! And at the end, Timo made us count to four in...finnish!!!

I'll post some ugly pictures later. I have only two pictures with Lauri and Timo that were taken at the hotel.

Thank you, guys, for such an amazing night!
Thank you!!

SET LIST ( don't remember the order)

Destiny
Hunting High and Low
Speed of Light
Kiss of Judas
Phoenix
Deep Unknown
Winter Skies
A million Light Years Away
Forever is Today
Will my soul Ever Rest in Peace?
Twilight Symphony
Eagleheart
Forever

Father Time
Black Diamond

" In My Weakness, Trying to Pretend I'm Strong"

Irinia

Re: Buenos Aires, Argentina: 14/10/09 SET LIST: SPOILER!

Post by Irinia » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:46 am

Sounds great :) Lovely pictures.
Thanks for posting!

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 pm

I still hope they will play more songs from polaris when they tour in europe! 3 is not enough. I at least hope they will do lik 5 or 6.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Yeaaah, I can see I wasnt the only one living one of the best night of my life yesterday! I attempted to the first really big show of my life, to one of the 5 bands I love most: Ensiferum. best night of my life in a small venue, first rank...well, out of context here, but that night really marked me!

Cant wait to live it with Stratovarius on the 13 of January if they have such an amazing setlist!!!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:51 am

Yeah, for me it seemed also a lil' short... Maybe because I enjoyed it soo much. One of the best nights ever, now I can peacefully die having seen them :lol:.
This was my night: Arrived at around 18 o'clock (the time that appeared on the entrance). Waited outside like an hour, the entered, and heard the 3 lasting bands: Abrilian, Dark Whisperer, and Lord Kraven. Then at 22 they started the show. I was at the VERY front part of the place, near the stage, and ended up in a corner (don't ask me how I ended there :lol:). They started, as Eugenia said, with Destiny (at that moment, the crowd started to feel very energetic, and it was amazing); then when I heard the piano intro of Hunting High And Low, my heart was at full speed (simply wonderful). Then Koti began to talk (great spanish he has :D), telling also that it was Matias’ 50th gig, and then they played Speed Of Light (that was the moment when the crowd literally exploded). After that, Kiss Of Judas, then Deep Unknown, and when I heard they were playing Million Lightyears Away, I almost died... Excellent performance :). Then there was a short solo between Lauri and Jens, and after that they played Winter Skies; shortly after, the initial guitar riff of Phoenix took me by surprise, and again the crowd exploded.
Soon after that, Matias and Lauri made a solo while drinking beer :D, and in the middle of it they played Holy Light (without keyboards, just the bass and the guitar). Then my most wanted wish came true: Matias started playing the riff of Forever Is Today :). Then they played Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace (wonderful song) and after that, Twilight Symphony blowed my mind and my camera (some dude while jumping pushed me and I dropped the camera, hopefully nothing happened). Then, one song that couldn’t be out of the setlist was Eagleheart, which kicked everyone’s asses – simply marvellous - , and after that the classical balad: Forever (at that moment, I had a déjà vu of Visions Of Europe, all of us singing the whole song, it was just stunning).
Then they made a short encore, and Koti and the rest of the guys appeared shortly after; then Koti made the sound of a clock count, and soon we all realised it was Father Time time (such a mess up :lol:). And finally Jens played an amazing solo, introducing Black Diamond, finally letting us really pleased. Koti then made a short speech telling things about their previous gig (Mexico City I think it was) and about the upcoming show (In Chile), and made us count from 1 to 4 in finnish.

In overall, it was the best night ever :)!!!
|StratoFan Forever|