I love Jesus, but I hate his fanclub.

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Lucid Faia
I love Jesus, but I hate his fanclub.

Post by Lucid Faia » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:43 pm

Right. It's difficult being a Christian sometimes. It's also sometimes embarrassing. Too often have I seen people get the wrong idea about Christianity because Christ's looney fanboys are going around killing each other, because they can't agree on what it meant when Jesus said, "Love Thy Neighbor." There are a lot of ignorant people who think they know better, and use their religion to get something they want. Their time will come.

But it does get frustrating to see people scoff at Christians as a whole because of the behavior of a few bad seeds. Timo Tolkki himself comes to mind. Don't blame Jesus for the moronic behavior of certain Christians, blame the idiots who think they are above God's word. That is all. </rant>
A Lucid Mind

NordicStorm

Re: I love Jesus, but I hate his fanclub.

Post by NordicStorm » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:12 pm

Eh, don't people always generalize? (See what I did there?)

Whether it comes to Christians, Muslims, black people, homosexuals, French people, trial lawyers, Republicans...rest assured, we are all being judged based on the actions of a few!
Take me for example. I'm Finnish. Now, apparently the Finnish stereotype is that Finns drink a lot of alcohol. I drink far less alcohol than the average Finn. Yet it's somehow incredibly difficult for people to believe I'm not a drunkard.

On a lighter note, I found it funny that you state you hate Jesus fanclub in the subject, but then go on to quote Jesus saying "Love thy neighbour" ;)
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:37 am

Lucid Faia wrote:Right. It's difficult being a Christian sometimes. It's also sometimes embarrassing. Too often have I seen people get the wrong idea about Christianity because Christ's looney fanboys are going around killing each other, because they can't agree on what it meant when Jesus said, "Love Thy Neighbor." There are a lot of ignorant people who think they know better, and use their religion to get something they want. Their time will come.

But it does get frustrating to see people scoff at Christians as a whole because of the behavior of a few bad seeds. Timo Tolkki himself comes to mind. Don't blame Jesus for the moronic behavior of certain Christians, blame the idiots who think they are above God's word. That is all. </rant>

Excellent Post, Lucid! :)

People also scoff at Christians just to excuse&justify their own sins&rotten, selfish/shallow behavior, too!;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:05 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Lucid Faia wrote:Right. It's difficult being a Christian sometimes. It's also sometimes embarrassing. Too often have I seen people get the wrong idea about Christianity because Christ's looney fanboys are going around killing each other, because they can't agree on what it meant when Jesus said, "Love Thy Neighbor." There are a lot of ignorant people who think they know better, and use their religion to get something they want. Their time will come.

Excellent Post, Lucid! :)

People also scoff at Christians just to excuse&justify their own sins&rotten, selfish/shallow behavior, too!;)

yes sometimes because we Christians are the ones that have more problems like killing or the wars (i dont want to make you angry) but some of the people that say im Christian i believe in God , in Christ in the Virgin........ are the ones that are torturing some people in jails making wars just for gaining some new territory and that say in god we trust...... :( :( thats why some other religions just hate us , here in my country theres no problem because most of people are Christians and other thing that i dont understand is the figths between religions because ALL of them leads us to the same god, jewish people is not their fault to be born as they are

pd: i believe in God im Christian and im proud of it like everyone should be :D :D :)

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:54 pm

I see people condemn Christ because of the Catolic Church...yes, people are ignorant...
I´m with you, Lucid!
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:34 pm

JESUS FANS CLUB..what do you mean?..christians? ... or just "JESUS IS MY HOME BOY"-on t-shirts ? ..

If I'm a christian it is just by GOD's Grace.. I wont take it for granted..
I did many things in the wrong way even when I was a christian... Now, the people who hated me the most are my best friends... they weren't christians, but all of us learned a very good lesson...

how to treat people that don't think like you do, ...LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR..

there still are many things in this world that I don't understand ... but the only thing that I can do is try to live doing and giving my best...

no hay nada rock & roll going on.

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:00 pm

i'M WITH YOU TO LUCID

I'M ALSO A CHRISTIAN TO BUT SOMETIMES...

..CHRIST'S PEOPLE SUCKS!!
..the sweetest emptiness of love...

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:05 pm

you know what?

CHRISTIANS DON'T SUCK.. unless we did something that Jesus wouldn't do...... :roll:

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:11 pm

I know that , but sometimes I think....nothing
never mind

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:17 pm

I know.. :wink:

gon

Post by gon » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:52 am

Religion must be a personal choice, not a nation question. It should be so, but we realize , and it is impossible to denie, that most of the conflicts of war of the history are because of religion troubles, specially here in Europe, along the centuries. For me, I don´t take care of the religions. Do whatever you want to do, but, please,don´t include me in this fraud; religions have been always manipulated by disciples, specially the Catholic Church! I can´´t believe in a religion that stablishes this: " you are in the wrong way because you are not in the true religion. My religion and my God is better than yours, so I will damn you with the eternal fires of Hell if you don´t leave your religion and adopted mine"...SHIT!!!!!! puajjj!!! Where I live more than the 80% of people are catholic, but also, in my area there´s a lot of muslim people, and both of them are intolerant, agressive each other! instead of trying to live in harmony and peace, they are always trying to blame the other part.
Who needs religion? Christ said that his ideas didn´t need any certain place or institution to be practised... tell that to the Vatican. I am really interested in the Catholic Church as a influent factor in our history, including art, but no more.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:03 pm

I agree with you gon in a few things, but well who am I to judge the whole world for their beliefs , for me Christ is truth no matter what religions says
religion is just a way that men did to try to explain God but now religion is worst than drugs, religion sucks!!!

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:29 pm

...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHHH......YOU DON'T SUCK... :D ... :lol:

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:02 pm

I know that I don't suck....well..we don't suck as christians but sometimes we judge each other for our acts....for me this is easy I dont care what you did o whta you going to do or what you are ..the only thing that cares is what God thinks about you and what you think about Him, the rest it doesn't matter.....at least for me that's the deal..

gon

Post by gon » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:53 am

Stratovarious wrote:I agree with you gon in a few things, but well who am I to judge the whole world for their beliefs , for me Christ is truth no matter what religions says
religion is just a way that men did to try to explain God but now religion is worst than drugs, religion sucks!!!
If you read carefully my last post, you will understand the idea it has.

Everybody needs to have faith, to keep the faith in something. I don´t discuss that, obviously! but the problem imo is that religion never has been a faith question! it is more relating to have the power, (politic, economic, mainly) and they use the faith of the believers ( please note I am not accusing any religion in particular) to reach their targets. They make us to believe in the eternal salvation, but in fact they do usually the opposite they preach! Can someone explains why the Catholic Church is one of the richest "empires" of the world, while more than the 80% of the manhood is hungry and lives in misery? all the religions preach love, blablabla, but no one refuses to fight against everybody/every idea they don´t agree with! They are more interested in thei own business than helping the society to build a better future. Of course there are exceptions, good people that believes in what Christ-historic - preached ( not the religious symbol, please note the diference...), and they try to do the best they can, but, frequently, they are downstairs!

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:47 pm

gon wrote:
Stratovarious wrote:I agree with you gon in a few things, but well who am I to judge the whole world for their beliefs , for me Christ is truth no matter what religions says
If you read carefully my last post, you will understand the idea it has.

Everybody needs to have faith, to keep the faith in something. I don´t discuss that, obviously! but the problem imo is that religion never has been a faith question! it is more relating to have the power, (politic, economic, mainly) and they use the faith of the believers ( please note I am not accusing any religion in particular) to reach their targets. They make us to believe in the eternal salvation, but in fact they do usually the opposite they preach! Can someone explains why the Catholic Church is one of the richest "empires" of the world, while more than the 80% of the manhood is hungry and lives in misery? all the religions preach love, blablabla, but no one refuses to fight against everybody/every idea they don´t agree with! They are more interested in thei own business than helping the society to build a better future. Of course there are exceptions, good people that believes in what Christ-historic - preached ( not the religious symbol, please note the diference...), and they try to do the best they can, but, frequently, they are downstairs!
man I know what you mean.... I'm not trying to put me over your opinions
I'm just trying to explain mine ..just that
I think that I know exactly what you think about this issue..

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:25 pm

humans want the power at any cost... I understand that, but Jesus didn't come to take any throne on earth ... the problem comes from the man's heart.... see, Adam and Eve did what they did... and they didn't need to do that before the lier came to talk to Eve... everything that's wrong comes from a lie... I'm not talking about little kids....

gon

Post by gon » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:37 pm

Cherry Mouth wrote:humans want the power at any cost... I understand that, but Jesus didn't come to take any throne on earth ... the problem comes from the man's heart.... see, Adam and Eve did what they did... and they didn't need to do that before the lier came to talk to Eve... everything that's wrong comes from a lie... I'm not talking about little kids....
I want to believe that you don´t BELIEVE IN ADAN AND EVE, as they are figuratives... I supposed you mean you believe in what these figures represent to the Mankind in general, and the cristian/ jude world in particular.... because the myth of the Creation comes from Ancient Babylon, about 20 centuries before the AT was written more or lessand the writers of the AT took this texts and they adapted it to their own culture and interests.
Last edited by gon on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:42 pm

Well.... I do believe in Adam and Eve ..... :D ..

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:37 pm

I do....!!! :D

no well eeemmm....I do believe in that to...jejje

ok..... :lol:

gon

Post by gon » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:33 am

I prefer to believe in another things. I don´t have Gods.

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:04 pm

I can say from my own experience (a good deal of time ago I had no faith in anything whatsoever) that most religions say "love thy neighbour" in their own way.

No matter what religion you follow, tolerance and respect must be your paths, otherwise, you'll eventually end up becoming an extremist.

This is just my opinion.
[Insert punch line here]

gon

Post by gon » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:53 pm

GreenPeace wrote:I can say from my own experience (a good deal of time ago I had no faith in anything whatsoever) that most religions say "love thy neighbour" in their own way.

No matter what religion you follow, tolerance and respect must be your paths, otherwise, you'll eventually end up becoming an extremist.

This is just my opinion.

Agree with your point of view.

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:30 pm

gon wrote:
GreenPeace wrote:I can say from my own experience (a good deal of time ago I had no faith in anything whatsoever) that most religions say "love thy neighbour" in their own way.

This is just my opinion.

Agree with your point of view.
me to..

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:33 pm

you can love and respect ...but tolerate EVERYTHING..... I don't think so...
there are things that are wrong and IT'S WRONG!..... :shock:

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:36 pm

so what are you gonna tell them if there's something wrong in they're acts

are you going to kill'em?

I'm talking about tolerance and respect "joined by the hand"..both in the same way

Cherry Mouth

Post by Cherry Mouth » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:41 pm

I'm not gonna kill anybody..I'm just saying that there are things that nobody can tolerate... I can't explain this..sorry.. I will try later.. :P

mvolkart

Post by mvolkart » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:46 pm

fuck all christians!!!
and fuck all satanists!!!
I only believe in fuckin' METAL!!! :twisted:

Stratovarious

Post by Stratovarious » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:48 pm

Cherry Mouth wrote:I'm not gonna kill anybody..I'm just saying that there are things that nobody can tolerate... I can't explain this..sorry.. I will try later.. :P

ok it was just an opinion that i couldn't explian just that

and I believe in metal to...

ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:01 am

Christians to the lions, yay
'Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses' - Arthur C. Clarke