Let's Play Psychologist!!!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Let's Play Psychologist!!!

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:38 pm

Once, in High School, because of my reckless&weird behavior, my parents took me to see a shrink.
His first question to me was: Name your bad qualities, and then your good points.
His theory was that a person has to recognize their own limitations/weaknesses&flaws in order to change. And, a person has to see the good points within themselves to have self-esteem&strength of character as such changes are made.

MY BAD POINTS:
1. Procrastinator--My motto is, why do something now if it can be put off til later!Even paying bills. :(
I solved this idiocy somewhat by making a schedule every day&sticking to it. Its rigid, but its better than having the water cut-off because of late payment, or leting the clothes pile up in the laundryroom.
2. Lazy--related to 1. If i can do something sitting down instead of standing I'll do it!
3. Too lighthearted---Its great to see the funny side of everything but, I take it to extremes sometimes. This trait really annoyed my Ex, who would often lecture me about not being serious enough about Life. "You can't play all the time, Babe!" He'd tell me.
4. I Do NOT Forgive easily. I happen to believe that People realize when they are being hateful&mean, and most do NOT deserve forgiveness! But, at the same time I don't hold grudges to the point I make life Hell for the one who hurt me, either.
5. I fall in love too easily&don't get over it. Its good to love, but not with the wrong person&I hang on for ages before I finally give up hope.
6. My Temper is From Hell itself! You do not want to seriously make me angry! No, you don't! ;)
7. Too Gullible--I tend to trust people too soon, although I am slowly after all these years finally learning to be cautious in dealing with people. Especially if Money is involved! :D
8. Overindulgence in Everything. I am a Maniac in a sense--At times, I overspend,overeat, overdrink, oversleeparound, oversleep, and even get busy&over do it. I use shoping to ake me feel good. When I'm sad I'll blow money like crazy, then feel guilty.Thank Lord, that does not happen too much! :D
9. Believe the worst about people I love. I always am suspicious about peope&think they ar up to no good, even when they have not hurt me. I call this self-preservation--but, people around me call it annoying that I don't trust them. But, getting hurt is so painful, I'd rather protect myself than regret it later.
10. I have one smart/cuting mouth when I am angry or hurt. I take no prisoners. I have brought even men to tears with my tongue by using the truth to destroy them. Once my Ex said my mouth would get me killed one day because the truth hurts people more than fiction&noone wants things hurled in their face the way I do it! Thank God I can control this hideous trait.....most of the time!

GOOD POINTS
1.Loyalty--Unless a person treats me pretty shabbily, I will stand by them. No strings, no questions asked. You treat me decently--I am yours to command!
2. Sense of Humor--as annoying as it can be, my sense of humor has kept me sane. I am glad I have it!
3. Except during my rare manic spending sprees, I am very frugal with money. This was one of the traits my Ex did like about me.
4. Very strong Person. A few years ago a lady commented that if ever we all were in a Prison Camp situation, I would probably be the only one to keep my sanity because of my personality. She knew all the thing I had endured in life&how even under pressure I did not get overly upset.
5. I usually accept things pretty well in life. Tomorrow is always another day! :)
6. I treat the men in my life good&not just sexually. Maybe TOO good because I do get taken advantage of sometimes. But, I like to cook for a man&baby him so, its not a bad thing.
7. I don't complain much.I've learned Whining gets you nowhere in life but maybe someones toe up your ass! So, I usually keep my complaints to myself&find an answer instead of bothering somebody else who probably has problems of their own!
8. Humility. I know my place on the Pecking Order of Life. I don't think I am the lowest bird on the wire, but I'm not a Queen bee, either. At the same time I won't tolerate being treated like shit, --I am neither Blind, or Stupid! ;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Re: Let's Play Psychologist!!!

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:51 am

I guess no one wants to play Truth.:lol:
One more good point about myself worth mentioning.
I am not shallow.
The outer person does not impress me--I mean, if a person is wellgroomed&clean, great! But, I am a rare individual who does not judge a humans worth by their looks. I mean, if you saw some of my Ex-boyfriends you'd know This to be true! You can't judge books by their cover&beauty is in the Eye, are timeworn cliches but I think most people STILL have not got the damn message--Especially MALES!!:)

I have been insulted by my tolerance.....it is infuriating when your friends ask,"What do you see in him--is he rich?" OR,"Has he got a Big C***?" Or,"Sherry, you are off in the head to see something in THAT!!!" People are really something. :shake:

But, I have learned in life that snap judgements based on appearance either way can hurt innocent people. I mean, some people(males,usually) won't give a person the time of day until they see a PIC of someone.....as if PICs can't be faked!:lol: That is shallow! To want a relationship, or not, based on a Pic! :) I mean, most people are not pefect-want do you want? Someone just to boost your fragile ego, or Arm candy to impress your friends--to make them think you ar oh-so virile to get such a "piece"?:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I'm not shallow&if you are, you can just keep on walking!:lol:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:05 pm

apologies. i would have posted sooner but i stand in the face of a great hurricane and had temporarily lost power.

having newly declared psychology as half of my dual major, this thread would naturally entice me.

what your psychologist fails to realize (or perhaps forgot) is that the first step in initializing a change is to impress upon the subject that there actually is a problem, thus providing them with an incentive to change.

BAD:

1. not so good with money.

2. i only speak one language.

3. i have too much stuff.

4. i am easily annoyed. this, coupled with my small regard for human life, makes me fairly socially unacceptable.

5. i don't pay attention to the road when i'm driving.

GOOD:

1. i am more dedicated than most. i spend at least 20 hours a week practicing guitar, 10-15 studying close combat, and another 5-10 studying various humanities, in addition to going to school and working two jobs.

2. i am occasionally pragmatic.

3. i am physically and aurally stronger than most, and can psych out or simply wrestle down most adversaries.

4. i am very calculating. few emotional ties. :D

anyhow, that's about it. i don't think i'm any more capable of changing my surroundings than i was before.....but it was theraputic nonetheless. :?
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:10 pm

Bad Things:

1.I am afraid of all relationships with other sex...i can`t control i simply do really stupid things when I fall in love with someone...

2.I do drink alcohol too much even tough i got quite small endurance

3.I do smoke a lot

4.I do speak faster than I think a that sometimes is not very good

5.I am quite discriminating hip-hopers and discofiles...

6.I spend mney really fast...

Good Things:
1.I think i`m a good a friend...

2.I`m good at basketball:)

3.I can`t think of anything else....personally i think i`m quite strange person...and i`m not good at searching my good points...
Death Comes For Us All
It´s Just Matter Of Time

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:40 pm

Oh .. someone is bored again :roll:
Delusions Of Grandeur

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:16 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: You can't judge books by their cover&beauty is in the Eye, are timeworn cliches but I think most people STILL have not got the damn message--Especially MALES!!:):
bit harsh, you could come down to my town, it seems shallowness is a necessity! for both sexes! And also, whats wrong with going out with someone because they're attractive? that doesnt atomatically make you shallow. Maybe you'll learn afterwards they arent the best person but you cant blame someone for likeing a person thats good on the eye

DevenKristopher

Post by DevenKristopher » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:59 pm

Nicko wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: You can't judge books by their cover&beauty is in the Eye, are timeworn cliches but I think most people STILL have not got the damn message--Especially MALES!!:):
bit harsh, you could come down to my town, it seems shallowness is a necessity! for both sexes! And also, whats wrong with going out with someone because they're attractive? that doesnt atomatically make you shallow. Maybe you'll learn afterwards they arent the best person but you cant blame someone for likeing a person thats good on the eye
Cheers! :beer:

Thats the smartest thing I've heard all day!
I've been listening to Stratovarius since I was in 6th grade (Im a Junior in highschool) And I have to say, I still love you guys as much if not more than that faithful day my dad showed me your music

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:39 am

Nicko wrote:
When you get older hopefully you will learn what I am talking about.;)
And you must be one great looking dude to have such an attitude!
Try telling that to people who are treated like shit just because they don't look as if they have walked out of a magazine--walk a mile in THEIR shoes!See how damned funny THAT is!!Everyone in this 'ol world deseves to receive love no matter what they look like---and lack of love&acceptance leads to more anti-social behavior than you'll ever realize! I'm not gonna go into psychologist stuff because it will most likely fall on deaf ears anyway.
And, yes, liking someone off the bat just because they look good IS Shallow!So is Hating someone off the bat because they ain't so pretty. Thats Shallow, too.And some homely dude(or gal)requiring a Pic before they want to get to know a person.Thats shallow in a pitiful way!

I have had great-looking guys, medium-looking,&homely guys and usually the medium&homely guys are the best people overall.Thats just observation based on experience.
I'm not saying goodlooking guys are bad-but they do tend to be selfcentered, but thats understandable in a sense.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:08 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: When you get older hopefully you will learn what I am talking about.;)
Try telling that to people who are treated like shit just because they don't look as if they have walked out of a magazine--walk a mile in THEIR shoes!See how damned funny THAT is!!Everyone in this 'ol world deseves to receive love no matter what they look like---and lack of love&acceptance leads to more anti-social behavior than you'll ever realize! I'm not gonna go into psychologist stuff because it will most likely fall on deaf ears anyway.
And, yes, liking someone off the bat just because they look good IS Shallow!So is Hating someone off the bat because they ain't so pretty. Thats Shallow, too.And some homely dude(or gal)requiring a Pic before they want to get to know a person.Thats shallow in a pitiful way!
If you knew anything about me you'd know I am far, far from Magazine material, and I wouldnt class that reply as having an attitude. You honestly think that in order to not be shallow we have to date ugly people? It's almost as if you're trying to justify your own relationships by saying that you were only interested in the inside, yeah half the time if the person isnt good inside it turns me off them, but you honestly cant say with all of your being that you havent thought at least once "ooh he's gorgeous, I'd love to be his boyfriend" in all of your years!

I have had great-looking guys, medium-looking,&homely guys and usually the medium&homely guys are the best people overall.Thats just observation based on experience.
I'm not saying goodlooking guys are bad-but they do tend to be selfcentered, but thats understandable in a sense.
yeah but as you say they're Great looking Guys, so something must have attracted them to you if you didnt like their personality. All im saying is that to be attracted to someone because they look good isn't shallow. Hell if it was then we'd all be shoaalow, I garantee someone has made an opinion based on the way a person looks. Doesn't always make you right but hell, it's only natural. Although I'm 18 and you're not, maybe its just the times that have changed, you can't deny that.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:31 pm

Nicko wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: When you get older hopefully you will learn what I am talking about.;)
If you knew anything about me you'd know I am far, far from Magazine material, and I wouldnt class that reply as having an attitude. You honestly think that in order to not be shallow we have to date ugly people? It's almost as if you're trying to justify your own relationships by saying that you were only interested in the inside, yeah half the time if the person isnt good inside it turns me off them, but you honestly cant say with all of your being that you havent thought at least once "ooh he's gorgeous, I'd love to be his boyfriend" in all of your years!

yeah but as you say they're Great looking Guys, so something must have attracted them to you if you didnt like their personality. All im saying is that to be attracted to someone because they look good isn't shallow. Hell if it was then we'd all be shoaalow, I garantee someone has made an opinion based on the way a person looks. Doesn't always make you right but hell, it's only natural. Although I'm 18 and you're not, maybe its just the times that have changed, you can't deny that.

Times don't change, but people do. ;)
In about twenty years you'll have a whole different outlook on things!;)

And, yeah, of course I see guys and say "Wow, hes gorgeous!"(Hot guys in Metal thread I started here!)I have Eyes! :D The difference is, I don't TREAT beautiful people any better than plain Janes because they are essentially equal with the rest of the human race! :D Millions of people have been seriously psychologically scarred because of differences in treatment toward people for how they look---thats what I am trying to convey in my message.And claiming its natural to treat "pretty" people better does not help heal the lives of people who will never live a full life because of being "less than society's perfect image".
I can't change how people treat others, but I can be responsible for my own actions&attitudes!

BTW, ever see that show, "Extreme Makeover"? Where people are literally madeover into a whole different person! I see good&bad in that-----it would be great to let a team of doctors/dentists/cosmetologists/hair stylists make you over into as near a perfect physical specimen possible. BUT, in the end, alot of these people had a question: Why could I have not been accepted for myself by others, without having to endure all this transforming surgury? Good point& in our human arrogance, I guess we will never know the answer! :D

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:39 pm

I´m with Nicko..dating a cute girl doesn´t make us shallow....see, if you walk in the streets, how can you first have impression of a person? by the books he/she is carrying?
Of course we first go for the look.
Then we date.
And then if the person is an empty-headed we let it go, and look for another.
I see no problem in that...of course some people would have sex with the shallow one, before looking for another, but depending on how sexy that other one is, you just can´t blame them!
:P

Talking about Shrinks, i feel complete anger towards most of them, who can´t most of the times, solve their own problems.
I can say that because i´ve lived such experience when i was a kid.
Of course there are exceptions, but as i see, in most cases, they´re nothing but a bag of crap.
:x
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:21 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:The difference is, I don't TREAT beautiful people any better than plain Janes because they are essentially equal with the rest of the human race! :D
where did i say that i treated "pretty" people any differently to anybody else? This was about making first impressions on looks, nothing else.

@Majindiego - thanks man, I think thats probably the first time we've agreed on anything

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:56 pm

Nicko wrote:@Majindiego - thanks man, I think thats probably the first time we've agreed on anything
Nops, we both know that Blaze kicks ass!
:P
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:51 pm

Hey. Sorry for taking so long to find this topic. :]

I'll post my good and bad traits here, as BEG and HvyMtlClickWitch did.

Good side:

1 - Warm-hearted

2 - Friendly (if you happen to be a friend of mine you will know that I'm a
friend for life)

3 - Kind

4 - Humble (sometimes way too humble; this is a bad trait of mine, as well)

5 - Tolerant (I really have no prejudice against anything or anyone)

6 - Clever (well, sometimes not really :P)

... one could say my life is led by some kind of chivalry :P

Bad side:

1 - Antisocial (I tend to dislike talking to people unknown to me). That's because I was very shy as a child (see #5)

2 - I lack sense of humor to an extent

3 - I often stress myself out thinking I can do better (in everything), and feel bad for not achieving my (sometimes impossible) goals

4 - Often so humble that I take offense without reacting, then go in a surge of anger when rancor and stress accumulate (I realized this was gonna make me go crazy when I almost crippled my hands punching a wall in a bout of rage -- that was when I started going to a shrink... which worked, and still works)

5 - I've had an irrisory self-image (the root of #1 and #3), but I have worked it out with psychiatrical aid.

6 - Unforgiving (I have a hard time forgiving people -- also see #4)

I think that's all. My mind might have been a problem in the past, but now I'm all right :]
[Insert punch line here]