Squall would have been better off with Quistis

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HvyMtlClickWitch
Squall would have been better off with Quistis

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:24 pm

As if there were not enough useless, retarded, and otherwise stupid threads on this forum, I had to go start a new thread based on my random thoughts after seeing streakchic's avatar.

Rinoa annoyed the shit out of me. I can't for the life of me figure out what Squall saw in her. She should have stayed with Seifer; he was much more apt to provide her with the Disneyworld fantasies her single-celled mind required. Squall was too worldly to put up with her flightiness, i thought. I wanted to puke when they were in the Ragnarok and she was making him cradle her and shit. Wretched. Utterly wretched. The last thing Squall needed was some kind of emotional parasite like Rinoa.
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Beast_Pete

Re: Squall would have been better off with Quistis

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:36 pm

I like Rinoa more than Quistis. BTW, Q is a good chick as well (and very intellectual and intelligent, more than Rinoa is).

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:40 am

What's wrong with Rinoa? I liked Rinoa. And if you don't like the qualities that Rinoa has, then you should also hate Squall...
A Lucid Mind

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:40 am

I'm tempted to rant about FF, but I'm gonna try to hold myself back...

:pissed5: :pissed5:
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:43 pm

At first i didn't like Quistis; at the beginning of the game she seemed annoying and obsessive. But during the game she really held herself together. Rinoa fell apart at the damn seams. She spent so much time trying to convince Squall that he was like everyone else ("don't you like being held and comforted blah-blah-blah....."), she just turned out to be a very impractical person. :roll:

It seems like, WTF do squall and rinoa have in common? what could they possibly talk about, combat??? Squall would have better combat conversations with Rinoa's dog; Angelo did all the fighting for her anyway. And i could see Rinoa getting very irritated with Squall for not reacting to her the way she'd like him to. you know?

Not that Quistis was THAT much different, but she had a few brain cells and some practicality at least.

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:52 pm

Well, Squall wasn't exactly the smartest guy come Disc 3. Now, in Disc 1 and 2, he was apathetic, didn't really care about anything, but he was intelligent, and you could see that. However, once he fell for Rinoa, he became an idiot. He went into outer space to save Rinoa only to let her go when they got back to Earth, and needed a kick in the ass from Quistis to go back after her... again.

My point is, Squall is cool at first, but it's like the writers of the game couldn't figure out how to make him change properly.

As for Rinoa, I liked her. I realize many don't, but I did. Maybe it's because I consider her the most attractive girl in Final Fantasy... but I also like her character. Really. >_>
A Lucid Mind

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:01 am

Squall was great....i don't think he needed to change. He was so much more productive prior to his change.

Eh, but that's not the point. The point is: yes, you're correct, it IS like the writers couldn't make him change properly. In fact, it seemed like the writers couldn't make him change at all; rather, they just gave him a huge mindfuck and then left him in a bizarre situation that he was not suited for. And no, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer after his whacker started doing all the thinking.

I felt bad for the guy. In the middle of the biggest possible crisis, and all anyone can think about is setting him up with rinoa.

And the space scene.......hehe.....i actually let her fly by the first time hoping that the game would continue with some kind of alternate ending where she wasn't involved. i was disappointed when they made me do it again until i caught her.

It's not like we didn't know he wasn't going to go for Rinoa, though. The cinematic introduction said it all. Christ, the fucking cover art said it all!! I'd have been better off not knowing, because knowing where it would all lead just caused me to get more and more pissed off as the game progressed...

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:09 am

Is anyone really surprised when the male lead and the female lead in any story fall in love? It's so predictable.
A Lucid Mind

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:08 pm

:crazy1: :crazy1:
OMFG...my brain...I CAN'T THINK ANYMORE!!! THIS DAMN TOPIC IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!

NNNNOOOO...MY BRAIN!!!

:sick:
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:25 pm

Lucid Faia wrote:Is anyone really surprised when the male lead and the female lead in any story fall in love? It's so predictable.
It's beyond predictable. It's gone to plaid.

Do they really have to? I mean, who gives a fuck? I don't find that my entertainment experience is enhanced whatsoever when anyone falls in love. Fuck them, i hope they divorce and become another fucking statistic.

And why did Rinoa have to be a fucking sorceress? Because she's pasty white and wears a long fucking flowing dress? ? ? ? "Oh, that one fits the profile, get her!!!". Good god, make it stop.

(The animation did look pretty damn funny when she was lurching around setting Adel free, though. I was trying to take it seriously, but i couldn't help laughing my ass off. Like a Bruce Lee movie.)

Looking at the game objectively, though, i wouldn't have caught on that Squall and Rinoa were going to hook up if i hadn't known it from the beginning; i thought that the supporting characters all played fairly equal roles. I really wouldn't have seen it coming.

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:22 pm

The odd stuff about Squall is that he has ALL the characteristics of an autist man.
And it's not very common for autist people to fall in love :]

But that makes the fact that Rinoa and him hooked up an even bigger cliché, IMO.
[Insert punch line here]