Sports Interest?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Do you like to play/watch any kind of sports?

Yes, I do!
77%
No, sports are weird!
8%
What the hell are sports?
15%

Total votes: 26

HvyMtlClickWitch
Re: Sports Interest?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:27 am

Painless_Cry wrote: i like handball and i'm planning to practice it
Isn't handball kind of hazardous? Hands have very tiny bones, i have to imagine it's easy for someone to hurt themselves in that game.
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

gon

Post by gon » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:49 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
Isn't handball kind of hazardous? Hands have very tiny bones, i have to imagine it's easy for someone to hurt themselves in that game.

I can answer you properly, I´ve played handball for many years:

most of the injuries are not in hands, but in the back because of the shoots to goal, and of course, the shoulders. Think that a good shoot can have a speed about 140 kms/hour, with a ball rounding the 600 grs weight (male). the movements you have to do to skip the defenders, to jump, to shoot, are really fast and strong, it´s a sport which resumes the primal activities of mankind: running, jumping, shooting. But is a really technic sport, you have to learn and practice a lot of theory if you want to play it well, and also the training must be hard. In 10 years, I had problems with the knees, the left shoulder, ( I am left handed) although I use the right hand really good and I can shoot with the right arm, and, specially,the ankles! But is a nice sport, with a lot of contact, and there´s no violence in it. It´s a strong sport, but not agressive. You have to play hard, but the violence is really punished by the regulations.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:46 pm

Warrior wrote:I just love to watch and play soccer, played it since I was 6 (actually I was 6 months old when I was on a football pitch for the first time) and I won't quit it unless I'm really really seriously injured.

I like to watch almost any sport there is (hockey, american football, rugby, tennis, badminton, curling etc.etc. :)) but soccer is the only game I really enjoy playing.
You must know Jari Litmanen then? He's one of my soccer-heroes. He has done much for Ajax in the past. :banana1:
With great power, there must also come great responsibility! (Peter Parker)

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:28 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:

well i was a goalkeeper and i hurt a lot my thumb... due to those injuries I could't play guitar for long time, it was quite painful...

then last year in december i started playing soccer, and i didn't used to practice sports and to run, my legs and my ankles were in pain, so much pain that i could't sleep at night, i used to wake up.. it was horrible, i tought that if in 2 months it still hurting i'll not practice anymore... it hurted like a month