Blind Guardian, Iced Earth

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NightMare82
Blind Guardian, Iced Earth

Post by NightMare82 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:03 pm

I have collected almost all of Blind Guardian´s albums, since the day I discovered how unique this band is on the field of power metal, and I have wondered also since then, are there any bands with similar soundworld in them, that is the case with Blind Guardian.

I know, that supposedly Iced Earth ought to be "at the same level", since these bands are friends together, and I would not be surprised if they were influenced by each other´s works´.

I own already the D&W album, which I kind think as a "rougher" version of Blind Guardian, with Jon of IE on the guitars, so which albums could you suggest from this band, and are there any bands on the scene, that have even slightly similr sound to them?

Which would be a good starting to point to start listen IE?

Are bands like Elvenking or Wuthering Heights worth my attention?
Last edited by NightMare82 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightsymphony

Re: Blind Guardian, Iced Earth

Post by Twilightsymphony » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:28 pm

I dont think that they really can be compared, the only Iced Earth album with a connection to BG and that demon thing is Horror Show, which is good btw, all the others are different. IMO

The closest band to Guardian would be Grave Digger imo, perhaps also Running Wild, all those german "true metal" bands, as especially the older stuff sounds a bit similar sometimes...

The newer guardian stuff is quite unique i think....
Delusions Of Grandeur

gon

Re: Blind Guardian, Iced Earth

Post by gon » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:04 pm

Yes, BG and GD sounds sometimes are quite similar, although BG was at their begginning closer to Helloween influences, while GD was more or less in the same wave as Accept. Oh, old Accept. Thas WAS A BAND!

By the way, IE is a really good band, with a really good composer and leader, but with a really big problem: hmself, Jon Shaffer! He ´s not able to find a stablished line up, and, without this, it is rather difficult to grow with his band. Maybe with Owens and Jarzombek the band can jump to the Metal Premier League, but maybe something is wrong with him.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.