Helloween - Mrs. God

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Twilight Legionnaire
Helloween - Mrs. God

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:47 pm

Has anyone bought the new Helloween single?

If you did.. I hope your brain is still working well after listening to the titletrack.

If you didn't.. I wouldn't recommend it.

I didn't buy it, but someone sent me the titletrack.

Ow.

It's.. horrible. If the rest of the album is like this, I believe Helloween are dead-dead, although it's hard for me to say this.

I'm curious to know if the people who already listened to the song agree with me, or not. :)
perkele

Cristiane

Re: Helloween - Mrs. God

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:55 pm

Oh man, don't say me that...
I'm waiting for this single and the new album as much as I'm waiting for the Strato ones... :(

I'm also waiting for the dvd with all video clips they ever recorded, have you heard about it?
it'll be released in europe first (of course :roll: ) and just as the single and new cd, will take some time till it gets here.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 pm

Cristiane wrote:Oh man, don't say me that...
I'm waiting for this single and the new album as much as I'm waiting for the Strato ones... :(

I'm also waiting for the dvd with all video clips they ever recorded, have you heard about it?
it'll be released in europe first (of course :roll: ) and just as the single and new cd, will take some time till it gets here.
Yeah.. Don't take me wrong, I'm a great Helloween fan, but it saddened me to hear this song.. because it's ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

I'll be downloading the album. If it's better than what it seems, yes, I'll buy it. Otherwise.. I have a lot of stuff to buy already :lol:

I'm definitely getting the DVD.
perkele

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:28 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote: Yeah.. Don't take me wrong, I'm a great Helloween fan, but it saddened me to hear this song.. because it's ridiculous. Just ridiculous.
Oh shit... I really need to hear this song.
I already looked for the single but it's impossible to find it here right now. Only if I import it but I also have other "urgent" things to spend money...
Twilight Legionnaire wrote: I'll be downloading the album. If it's better than what it seems, yes, I'll buy it. Otherwise.. I have a lot of stuff to buy already :lol:
I'm definitely getting the DVD.
I'll buy the album anyway... I'm a huge helloween fan and certainly I want it in my collection, but honestly I hope this album can be as good as I thought it would be.

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:17 pm

Well... From my experience I would say, don't worry... Remember the chameleon-album? :puke:

It can't be that bad. Somehow they always had terrible phases inbetween. "Les hamburgeoises walkaway" from the "Number One"-single was also such a case. The album ("Pink bubbles go ape") was quite cool, but that track... don't know what's wrong with them, sometimes. Probably just a very strange kind of humor? :?
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:23 pm

Heiserich wrote:Well... From my experience I would say, don't worry... Remember the chameleon-album? :puke:

It can't be that bad. Somehow they always had terrible phases inbetween. "Les hamburgeoises walkaway" from the "Number One"-single was also such a case. The album ("Pink bubbles go ape") was quite cool, but that track... don't know what's wrong with them, sometimes. Probably just a very strange kind of humor? :?
If the new album is all like the singletrack, it'll make Chameleon look like an awesome album.
perkele

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:19 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:
Heiserich wrote:Well... From my experience I would say, don't worry... Remember the chameleon-album? :puke:

If the new album is all like the singletrack, it'll make Chameleon look like an awesome album.
Chameleon is not my favourite album of Helloween, but it's not my least favourite either. I think Bubbles is far worse.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:59 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote: Chameleon is not my favourite album of Helloween, but it's not my least favourite either. I think Bubbles is far worse.
Agreed... I think chameleon is a very good album. It's pretty different from everything Helloween had done before but it's far from being a suck ass album. Besides it does have great songs, such as Longing. I heard it countless times...

I think PBGA is the worst helloween album ever... I really don't like it and the only song that called my attention was The Chance.

I think I'll like this album. Weiki told in an interview that they decided to record a 3rd part for the Keepers because the feeling in the band is the same as the one they got by the time they recorded the 2 Keepers, the energy is right and stuff.
He seemed really excited about this album, and you know, it's extremely RARE to see Weiki talking that way about something :lol:

I hope this album will be another masterpiece, otherwise I'll get really disappointed :roll:

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:01 pm

Well, even if all the other songs are Keeper-level.. this song ruins an album :lol:

I hope it's the last song of the tracklist. That way, when I buy the album, I won't have to play or skip it.
perkele

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:17 am

Sounds real cheesey, me no like :(
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:34 am

Cristiane wrote:
Agreed... I think chameleon is a very good album. It's pretty different from everything Helloween had done before but it's far from being a suck ass album. Besides it does have great songs, such as Longing. I heard it countless times...

I think PBGA is the worst helloween album ever... I really don't like it and the only song that called my attention was The Chance.
Really? Well, at it was released I was a little disappointed, because I read in a magazine it was like Keepers; but after hearing it several times (I had no choice, not enough money for many other cd's at that time) I really began to like it. There are many great songs on it, just two that I don't like, actually (Number One and The Turn).

But listening to the Chameleon-album it was just like a reflex; the voice in my head sreamed: "Take THIS out of the cd-player and kick it out of the window!!!". That's what I did (OK, I did not kick it out of the window, it must be somewhere behind a cupboard or so...)...

Well, looking forward to the next album with mixed emotions :?

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:32 pm

Cristiane wrote:I hope this album will be another masterpiece, otherwise I'll get really disappointed :roll:
If they were not sure about that, they'd better put another name in the album. Yes, because a Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 3... wow.

In the other hand, it's not fair to expect a masterpiece from any band, not at this point, especially because it takes a long time for an album to turn a masterpiece. Even the best albuns we know wasn't considered masterpieces right after their releases.

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:50 pm

StratoHeart wrote: Even the best albuns we know wasn't considered masterpieces right after their releases.
I don't think so... right when I heard Visions I knew it was a fucking great album and I bet a lot of people felt the same.
It's really rare when I listen to a new cd and don't skip any song after the first minutes... it didn't happen when I first listened to Visions and to the Keepers albums. I simply couldn’t stop listening to them, and when other people told me the same thing I knew I had a masterpiece in my hands.

Of course no band can expect all of its fans to totally love the album, and in Helloween's case I'm sure they're expecting lots of negative comments concerning Deris singing. Although I do like Deris and think he fits really well in Helloween, I bet lots of die hard Kiske fans will bash the album because it’s not Kiske singing a Keeper album you know? It happened in the last gig here when he sang “Keeper of the seven keys”, I know Deris can’t sing as Kiske but it was cool anyway, still some people were harassing him :eyes
I think this time comments won’t be different.
Even though, my expectations are really high... once they recorded an album carrying the Keeper’s name I couldn’t expect material with less quality than the previous ones.

lawyer-x

Post by lawyer-x » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:52 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:Has anyone bought the new Helloween single?

If you did.. I hope your brain is still working well after listening to the titletrack.

If you didn't.. I wouldn't recommend it.

I didn't buy it, but someone sent me the titletrack.

Ow.

It's.. horrible. If the rest of the album is like this, I believe Helloween are dead-dead, although it's hard for me to say this.

I'm curious to know if the people who already listened to the song agree with me, or not. :)
Hey man, you should listen to My Life For One More Day, and you'll give a different opinion!
Super Moderator of The Official Helloween Messageboard
http://www.helloweenboard.com

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:20 pm

Cristiane wrote:once they recorded an album carrying the Keeper’s name I couldn’t expect material with less quality than the previous ones.
That's exactly what I mean. I hope they know what they are doing, because naming an album KOTSK 3 is really dangerous... as you said, Cris, it will make the fans look forward to it with some different eyes.
Sometimes I prefer hearing Deris, so I'd like seeing them building their own way. With the two last albuns I thought they would finally do it, but now... let's see what happens.

I just think that this albun can be an excelent piece, but because its name (and all expectations around - and because of - it) the truth might be another.

Bones

Post by Bones » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:03 am

IMO Helloween died when Kai and Ingo left. Albums after KOTSK2 just suck.
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:54 pm

In my opinion the only Helloween albums that really "suck" are Chameleon and Pink Bubbles. All the other albums after Keeper II definetly don't "suck". I also happen to think The Time Of The Oath might even be better than Keeper II.

Though I can understand why some (the most?) people don't like Mrs. God, I think it's one f'kking kickass song, just like My Life For One More Day. I'm expecting a lot from Keeper Of The Seven Keys III - The Legacy. 8)

Alexi

Post by Alexi » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:00 pm

If you ask for me Helloween hasnt made a suck-ass album, Pink bubbles go ape might be the worst but even that isnt so bad. Chameleon is different but still very good, well its those "kiske wont make heavy anymore" times (still he sings in edguys upcoming single :roll: . I havent mrs god or anything from new album, but Iam sure that if its helloween it wont suck.

Bones

Post by Bones » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:00 pm

Maybe it wasn't good thing to use the word "suck".. ok, helloween has not made album that really "sucks".

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:02 pm

Mhmm I have the new Helloween single and I have to say that the both other songs on the single (My Life For One More Day and Run) rock very much :)

But Mrs.God sucks really ass :wink:
Mrs.God you´re a bi**h, I f**k you between your t**s :lol:

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:41 pm

If you didnt enjoyed Dark Ride...you probably wont like this single :?
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:20 pm

Bones wrote:IMO Helloween died when Kai and Ingo left. Albums after KOTSK2 just suck.
Oh, c'mon! Sorry to say, but this is the stupidest thing I ever heard about Helloween!
Who wrote the greatest Helloween classics? Who kept the band alive with lots of kicking ass songs? Who had to stand moron members - whose names only got known by public because they played in Helloween - talking bullshit about the band after they left? I don't remember seeing Hansen's name on the credits or any other name than Micheal Weikath.
Hansen is a great guitar player and wrote awesome songs in Helloween as well, but Helloween is doing pretty fine without him.

BTW, Strago, I'm still waiting for the songs!! Seu puto!

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:09 pm

Cristiane wrote: BTW, Strago, I'm still waiting for the songs!! Seu puto!
i always forget your mail. hehehe...

anyway...today you will got it.

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:21 pm

Cristiane wrote:
Bones wrote:IMO Helloween died when Kai and Ingo left. Albums after KOTSK2 just suck.
Oh, c'mon! Sorry to say, but this is the stupidest thing I ever heard about Helloween!
Who wrote the greatest Helloween classics? Who kept the band alive with lots of kicking ass songs? Who had to stand moron members - whose names only got known by public because they played in Helloween - talking bullshit about the band after they left? I don't remember seeing Hansen's name on the credits or any other name than Micheal Weikath.
Hansen is a great guitar player and wrote awesome songs in Helloween as well, but Helloween is doing pretty fine without him.

BTW, Strago, I'm still waiting for the songs!! Seu puto!
Yes, and i appreciate your opinion. I hope you appreciate mine too.

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:23 pm

Bones wrote:Yes, and i appreciate your opinion. I hope you appreciate mine too.
I do respect your opinion but I simply can’t agree with such statement. You might like Hansen and his work, but I think it’s lack of respect to despise the work of men such as Weikath and Grosskopf. They kept the band alive, still contributes musically doing great songs and keep on doing a great job, and it’s really mean don’t recognize it.
You may not like the songs without Hansen, may hate Weikath and all that blahblahblah but saying that all those songs suck it’s bullshit.

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:46 pm

Cristiane wrote:You may not like the songs without Hansen, may hate Weikath and all that blahblahblah but saying that all those songs suck it’s bullshit.
I don't hate Weikath, he's a good guy and has composed some of the best helloween songs like Keeper Of The Seven Keys. But I can't stand Andi Deris with his crappy songs like "Just a Little Sign". I have already told that it was wrong to use the word "suck". But okay, you like helloween nowadays, I don't, as simple as it is. So I apologize my post that made you angry. :lol: Let's just leave this thing behind... ;)

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:53 pm

Bones wrote:
Cristiane wrote:You may not like the songs without Hansen, may hate Weikath and all that blahblahblah but saying that all those songs suck it’s bullshit.
I don't hate Weikath, he's a good guy and has composed some of the best helloween songs like Keeper Of The Seven Keys. But I can't stand Andi Deris with his crappy songs like "Just a Little Sign". I have already told that it was wrong to use the word "suck". But okay, you like helloween nowadays, I don't, as simple as it is. So I apologize my post that made you angry. :lol: Let's just leave this thing behind... ;)
Criss dont accept people using the words: WEIKI SUCKS in any comment :lol:

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:35 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:Criss dont accept people using the words: WEIKI SUCKS in any comment :lol:
And the best thing is that I didn't say anything about weikath...

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:38 am

Bones wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote:Criss dont accept people using the words: WEIKI SUCKS in any comment :lol:
And the best thing is that I didn't say anything about weikath...
Yeah, i know...but say that Helloween died after Hansen left them to criss eyes are the same words: weiki sucks. You know :wink:

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:46 pm

yeah... I know I overreact when people talk about helloween once I'm a huge Weikath fan.
I think this band is only alive due to his efforts, besides his songs are the best ones in the whole band discography.
Usually people worship Hansen and bashes Weiki, and it really pisses me off... it's always like those western movies, where Hansen is the good guy and Weiki is the dirty villain. :eyes
I was expecting you to say something like that.
Anyways, I apologize if I offended you so let's move on :)