St. Valentine ;-)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Stratolily
Re: St. Valentine ;-)

Post by Stratolily » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:27 pm

This is really curious. The most of us are talking about ex's. Mmm... :?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:37 pm

Stratolily wrote:This is really curious. The most of us are talking about ex's. Mmm... :?
Ok, well my ex gave me aftershave once, and I gave her a necklace.

My current girlfriend hates the idea of Valentines day even more than I do...
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:45 pm

I think I'll make a Valentine cake---you cook a round layer&a square layer. Then, you cut the round one in half--turn the square one around to where it looks like a diamond-shape, then place the round halves on the top sides of the square. Voila! A heart-shaped cake. Then, frost it with a pink frosting&decorate it any way you want. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm

a cake with what in it?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:16 pm

Miguel_Ricardo wrote:a cake with what in it?
:huh: Nothing IN it! :D But, pink frosting ON it--then decorate it with those little candy hearts, or that white stuff in a can you write with&say"Happy Valentine's Day" Or "Be Mine" or anything sentimental like that. Then sprinkle those colored sprinkles all over it.

http://www.cstone.net/~bry-back/holiday ... ecake.html

This shows how! ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

zeebler

Post by zeebler » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 pm

Thast will be the best day in my life... but... this year I will be without my lovely :cry: ???
But next year... :)

These day are very important - these days YOU are the important, YOU are with people, that loves you.
That's why I think that these days are so important :roll:
I love Rosi! --/-@

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:01 am

Yeah this is the broken hearts club Stratolily, LOL! Actually there is a girl I am kind of getting friendly with. I really don't know how to approach it though. She is 26 years old, widowed, her husband died in Iraq while she was pregnant with their daughter. Quite a complicated situation. The obvious being the tragedy she faced with her deceased husband, and how he died. But I also don't know if I am ready to get involved with someone that has a child. I feel that if you date someone with kids you have to be willing to embrace the whole package, not to do so would be unfair to both the mother and the child. I take this seriously, and because of this it scares me that I may not be ready to be responsible enough. I like her though.

Tough one

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:08 am

:?: :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:52 pm

Jester wrote:Yeah this is the broken hearts club Stratolily, LOL! Actually there is a girl I am kind of getting friendly with. I really don't know how to approach it though. She is 26 years old, widowed, her husband died in Iraq while she was pregnant with their daughter. Quite a complicated situation. The obvious being the tragedy she faced with her deceased husband, and how he died. But I also don't know if I am ready to get involved with someone that has a child. I feel that if you date someone with kids you have to be willing to embrace the whole package, not to do so would be unfair to both the mother and the child. I take this seriously, and because of this it scares me that I may not be ready to be responsible enough. I like her though.

Tough one

Jesse
Wow. Damn. I really don't know what I'd do in your situation. How old are you?

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:00 pm

I don't celebrate Bálintnap myself. I don't care about it too much.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:00 pm

Bought my gf a silk dress, I don't really know what we will do that day but most like go to a restaurant then see one movie or two. As for the best present thing, I don't really know, there are so much :D Gotta think about it.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:30 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:Bought my gf a silk dress, I don't really know what we will do that day but most like go to a restaurant then see one movie or two. As for the best present thing, I don't really know, there are so much :D Gotta think about it.

Silk dress? Damn--you are a big spender! :shock: She should treasure you! Is it a red or pink dress being its Valentine's Day&all? You seem to be a very romantic person!

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:46 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:Bought my gf a silk dress, I don't really know what we will do that day but most like go to a restaurant then see one movie or two. As for the best present thing, I don't really know, there are so much :D Gotta think about it.

Silk dress? Damn--you are a big spender! :shock: She should treasure you! Is it a red or pink dress being its Valentine's Day&all? You seem to be a very romantic person!
Nope, it is black :p And yeah, I like offering big presents like that, all my friends tell me I'm crazy because of this lol (except when they get the presents of course :D)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:06 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

Nope, it is black :p And yeah, I like offering big presents like that, all my friends tell me I'm crazy because of this lol (except when they get the presents of course :D)
So what am I getting for my birthday then? :D

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:48 am

Jester wrote:Yeah this is the broken hearts club Stratolily, LOL! Actually there is a girl I am kind of getting friendly with. I really don't know how to approach it though. She is 26 years old, widowed, her husband died in Iraq while she was pregnant with their daughter. Quite a complicated situation. The obvious being the tragedy she faced with her deceased husband, and how he died. But I also don't know if I am ready to get involved with someone that has a child. I feel that if you date someone with kids you have to be willing to embrace the whole package, not to do so would be unfair to both the mother and the child. I take this seriously, and because of this it scares me that I may not be ready to be responsible enough. I like her though.

Tough one

Jesse
:shock: Poor girl! She's really been through hard times. :cry: Well, I guess we all have different kind of tragedies in our lives. She lost her love, but for one hand she can be easy cause I guess he really loved her and his daugther. She must be shattered, it must be terrible, I can't imagine how she feels. You just have to think really well what you will do, listen to your heart, I guess you know this is a delicate situation. Reading what you've told about this woman, now I'm sure there's two kinds of death. The real one, when the person dies and go to heaven or hell, it depends, hehe! and when the person you knew dies in your heart...

Paola

Post by Paola » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:38 am

Tough one

Jesse
That is hard, man is very hard... She is Waiting a child and her husband is Died :cry: :cry: , I wish the best for she. Now, she has to work for two and the sadness when you lost a beloved one is more hard :cry: :cry: :cry:
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

Jester

Post by Jester » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Yeah, it is a tough situation. I just turned 30 years old, so I guess, age wise I should be ready for a family. I am but I don't trust myself. The last relationship I was in I was engaged, but I got bored of things. I thought it would pass. The relationship started out on fire, as most relationships do, but it fizzled down the stretch. I understand that after you've been together for awhile things change, the dynamics of the relationship change. I was mature enough to realize that after a bit you are no longer "all over eachother". She wanted me to be a "soap opera guy" and I am just not that guy. I was getting bored and frustrated, and thought I was doing a good job of hiding it, but I realize that in a relationship you can't hide things like that. I figured it would pass, but it didn't.

I like this girl a lot. And she is an amazing person. Such a strong person she is to deal with this. She has a great attitude, and looks for no sympathy. I too know how it is to deal with loss, it scars you, but you have to wake up everyday and get on with things. The way in which she carries herself astounds me. If anyone has a right to be bitter, and angry it would be her. But she is none of those things.

Her little girl certainly deserves a father figure. She (Paula) deserves a guy she can settle down with and start the family she wants. It scares me because I would hate to get into a relationship with her only to find out that it wasn't going to work. The last thing either of them need is more uncertainty, and more heartbreak. I hate hurting people. I go out of my way, most times, to avoid hurting someone. I take no pleasure in being the cause of someones misery.

In short, I am scared of hurting them. They don't need anymore hurt. For now, I will remain friendly with her, and continue to "feel out" the situation. Time will tell.

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:42 pm

You are a wise guy Jesse, and I hope, that you can find the answer in time.
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:50 am

htcdude wrote:I've never known the meaning to Valentine's Day, so i searched for it :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_day
well, at least there's another (maybe better) version.
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day

talking about Valentine's day...it's weird me and my bf never spent a St. Valentine's day together in...Hmmm...5 years (aka. from the very beginning) not because we don't want, just because we can't. we are always *by accident* been separated in 2 defferent places in that day. :roll:
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

dirge

Post by dirge » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:48 pm

Recently split up with someone, so not doing anything :(

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:03 am

Are you the one who'd share this life with me
Who'd dive into the sea with me?.. :oops: :luv1: :luv2:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:04 am

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:10 pm

Well, this morning I gave my son a Valentine's Day hug&teased him about what he was going to get his girlfriend, since she is the main woman in his life now. :D And, he just smiled&replied,"None of your business, Mama!" Then, laughed. I assume he is going to get her a big card like last year--I send him an E-Card now. Used to, until 2 years ago I handmade him Valentines.

Valentine's day is for children&married people--I think the most of us others have more important things to worry about. However, I enjoy looking at beautiful Valentine graphics&images.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:29 am

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :lol:
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:35 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :lol:
Hi Sweetheart ;)
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:22 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Up until a couple years ago I'd make a special valentine for my son--I'd decorate ie with lace&ribbons&use old English writing to decorate it.
Last year I was cleaning out his closet&found a little box, being curious as usual I opened it&all the valentines I'd handmade for him were in that box! I thought he had thrown them all away! Needless to say, I got tears in my eyes, knowing he had kept them.
That's awesome!! i like things like that. My dad gave me this little thing yesterday, too... when parents do it, it's ok, because parents can get away with cute things like that. and hvyblah is a witness for my dad being all wholesome and cute. :P

re: ex partners... well i think once my ex gave me infidelity for valentines' day... heh....damn.

re: whatever: ... like some other people are saying i don't see why it's such a big thing to have ONE day where you can be cheesy. i think valentines' day is the only time i'm not cheesy and so on... maybe just to be contrary :P everytime i see my partner, which is rare, i try to have something silly to give her-- could be just a CD (the metal conversion has begun!!) or a treat, and once i gave her this necklace that had belonged to my mother <-- i said i'm cheesy and sentimental! hehe...

i dunno. i slept most of yesterday... heh! take that, st. valentine!

:roll:

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:43 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Valentine's day has absolutely nothing to do with the original concept any more. It is a day for consumer whores and commercialization to make extra money for people to make cheap gestures of 'love' to each other. Why not love each other on the other 364 days of the year? No, today, because the corporations and the money making machine that is consumerism tells you to, and like sheep, most people follow.

Valentine's day is a load of crap, and always has been. My girlfriend and I will be doing whatever we would usually be doing on any other Tuesday. I don't have to make an extra effort to show her how much I love her, that happens in any case on any other day. If you need a special day as an excuse to show your boyfriend/girlfriend how much you 'love' them, then maybe you're not in the right relationship.

No, I'm not in a good mood.
That's great! I totally agree with all that.

Of course it has more weight coming from a non-single person.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

dirge

Post by dirge » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:56 am

Well the day started off rubbish, as I had an arguement with the ex... So this made me go out with a few friends that night to get very drunk, which we did, but I also met someone new who seems really lovely :luv1: So I had a nice day in the end :D

FiveTea

Post by FiveTea » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:14 am

I dislike Valentines Day :roll:
I chose to ignore it this year, as always.
I was ill anyway.

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:16 am

FiveTea wrote:I dislike Valentines Day :roll:
I chose to ignore it this year, as always.
I was ill anyway.
Welcome back :D

Anyway, my Valentine's Day was perfect despite tha fact that the movie we wanted to see was sold out when we arrived at the theater, so we went bowling instead :lol: