Fight Animal Cruelty!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeverendingAbyss
Fight Animal Cruelty!

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Someone sent me an e-mail that showed how fur coats come from. It's a really gruesome and depressing video. It's about animals being skinned ALIVE!
I am NOT responsible for the state of mind that the watcher might get as a result of this video. There's an article that you can read before and see if you can handle the true insight of these senselessness acts of human kind. Maybe I'll get kicked out if someone complies, but I'm doing it for the right reason.
Consider yourself warned:

http://www.peta.org/feat/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp

-for animals and for morals!-
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Carcass

Re: Fight Animal Cruelty!

Post by Carcass » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:17 pm

One question. Do you eat meat?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 pm

Carcass wrote:One question. Do you eat meat?
Of course I do. It is the natural. Perhaps fur coats were on high demand when the ice age stroke and we didn't discover new supplies 10000 years ago. But now that we have the necessary clothing for cold nights, wearing fur coats for fashion just sickens me.
I don't eat horse, though. The only meats I eat are cow, poultry, fish, and pork. Nevertheless, I do not approve cow slaughter by hanging them upside down while they are still alive.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 pm

I have heard many people say if a person works in a meat processing plant, they would never want to eat meat again. Especially, sausage, bolongna, and chicken.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:13 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I have heard many people say if a person works in a meat processing plant, they would never want to eat meat again. Especially, sausage, bolongna, and chicken.
That goes for almost everything in the food industry. If you were to work at a chocolate factory, no matter how good chocolate is, for too long the last thing you want to think is chocolate. :?

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Your post raises few questions.
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Of course I do. It is the natural.
So what? Meat-eating being natural doesn't automatically mean we should do it. And what does 'natural' mean anyway?
Perhaps fur coats were on high demand when the ice age stroke and we didn't discover new supplies 10000 years ago. But now that we have the necessary clothing for cold nights, wearing fur coats for fashion just sickens me.
Does wearing leather jackets, gloves or shoes sicken you? The only difference is that more animals have died for a fur coat.
I don't eat horse, though.
Why not? What's the difference between eating a horse or a cow? Both are mammals, they experience roughly the same amount of stress and physical pain. I know a guy who once cooked a cat, why is that any different than eating a pig?

My point is that there is no qualitative difference between eating meat and wearing a fur coat. We get pleasure from both things. We kill animals in order to enjoy. In developed countries it's possible to live a healthy life without eating meat, so the only reason we keep eating meat is that we love it. If you are against fur farming, then how can you accept growing animals for food? Intensive pig farming and transporting live cattle is by no means more humane than fur farming or skinning.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:57 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:I have heard many people say if a person works in a meat processing plant, they would never want to eat meat again. Especially, sausage, bolongna, and chicken.
That goes for almost everything in the food industry. If you were to work at a chocolate factory, no matter how good chocolate is, for too long the last thing you want to think is chocolate. :?
I don't know about that. Chocolate is delicious. :yum:

Some cultures eat dogs, just like we would eat a steak, or ham. I don't see how they could, I know I couldn't, but they do not think anything unusual about eating certain breeds of dogs.

Yes, leather comes from animals. How many musicians are vegans,or vegetarians yet don their stylish black leather pants before they do a show! ;) I wonder. :)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 am

1st question: The concept of naturalism can only be determined by the individual. As human beings, the natural means anything in concept of life and the evolution of society. As animals, we tend to seek naturalism as a way of surviving and try to get on top of the pyramid.
2nd Question: In a way, these apparels do. But the message I'm trying to broadcast is not about these kind of small clothing. There are some of these specified pieces of clothing that are made with various compounds such as plastic or other high-tech material that does not involve real animal skin. If you saw the video, it is very horrific to see an animal being skinned while its heart is still beating. That is what REALLY sickens me.
3rd Question: The argument of eating a horse is dependable on the individual. As browneyedgirl said, some cultures do eat dog. That brings us to the conception of world views and cultures. It is normal for them to eat dog, and depending on religion or other reasons, they might not eat pork. To me, eating a horse is like eating a companion. Maybe I'm not so bound to the other animals I mentioned before. That argument can only be open-concluded.
I believe I said enough. There are different types of acquiring a view depending on which side you are on. Eating and wearing are very different issues that it is only up to you to think. :)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:01 am

depends on the culture you come from and what the morals are there.

I try not to Judge people by what they do or how they live their life, I do know I live mine and I do not apologize for it.

I eat meat, I wear leather and I try to treat others the way I would like to be treated.
I see nothing wrong with my way of life but I'm sure there are plenty of people who think I live a sicked and twisted life.

but that is life for you, you may think your a great person but others see you as slime, at the end of the day it's what you think about yourself that counts.

Don't get me wrong at the end of the day I'd rather have friends than enemies but I also have no control over whether someone likes me or hates me.

So in essence just stay true to your beliefs :)
metal feeds the beast

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:40 am

Southern Proverb "If the dog shits in the house, it gets a boot in the ass!" ;)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 am

Well, I just dare some animal rights fanatic to stop me from wearing my brown suede skirt! :D

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Wait, "someone" sent you an email and you clicked it?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Mormegil wrote:Wait, "someone" sent you an email and you clicked it?
Yeah, with the same finger I use on the triggers on the .38s while I am on the practice firing range.

:roll:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:43 pm

:D We finns eat bears :D Yes it is true. :D Bearass is really good .And Badgers if we can get one. Not squirrels if you thougt that. We are barbarous vikings and elk, roedeer and beaver are also on our menu. And we are groving strong of all that wild protein. So we can roar and bawl and scare everyone from their senses if we want to. :)

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:14 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:1st question: The concept of naturalism can only be determined by the individual. As human beings, the natural means anything in concept of life and the evolution of society. As animals, we tend to seek naturalism as a way of surviving and try to get on top of the pyramid.
To me 'natural' is an arbitrary concept, people call things natural when they want to justify something without proper arguments. Somebody could argue that fur coats are natural and therefore ethical.
2nd Question: In a way, these apparels do. But the message I'm trying to broadcast is not about these kind of small clothing. There are some of these specified pieces of clothing that are made with various compounds such as plastic or other high-tech material that does not involve real animal skin. If you saw the video, it is very horrific to see an animal being skinned while its heart is still beating. That is what REALLY sickens me.
There is plastic in leather shoes, yes. But they are made mostly from leather. An animal died for that leather. I saw that video and it's horrible, but it's from China. That's not how it's done in, say, Finland. Animals in a proper mink or fox farm suffer roughly as much as pigs or chicken in intensive farms. So what's the difference? The only difference is in magnitude: more animals are needed for a fur coat than for a pair of shoes or a bucket of KFC. In essence these two things are the same. We breed and kill animals to get something we don't really need.
3rd Question: The argument of eating a horse is dependable on the individual. As browneyedgirl said, some cultures do eat dog. That brings us to the conception of world views and cultures. It is normal for them to eat dog, and depending on religion or other reasons, they might not eat pork. To me, eating a horse is like eating a companion. Maybe I'm not so bound to the other animals I mentioned before. That argument can only be open-concluded.
Can you see why some could argue that you are just trying to keep your conscious clean and do not in fact care about the animals? You avoid eating animals that you have a sentimental attachment to and do not really care what happens to an intense-farmed piggy. Good lord, this borders to racism! :)
Eating and wearing are very different issues that it is only up to you to think
I think there is no real difference between the two. We (the 1st world) can survive without wearing leather or fur and without eating meat. We wear leather because it looks cool and barbecue steaks because we love the taste.

P.S. I'm not vegetarian either. :)

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:16 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Wait, "someone" sent you an email and you clicked it?
Yeah, with the same finger I use on the triggers on the .38s while I am on the practice firing range.

:roll:
Eh? I was referring to:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Someone sent me an e-mail that showed how fur coats come from.
;)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 pm

:roll:[/quote]

Eh? I was referring to:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Someone sent me an e-mail that showed how fur coats come from.
;)[/quote]

Yes. It is very weird, though. For every e-mail we sign a section and forward it. It started in Spain, then to Argentina, and then to my native land Chile. Someone I must have knew sent it to me, but I did not have enough time to check all the names.
Message to all: I do not hate you for buying these cloths. You do what you want. I am no one to stop you from making your own decisions. I just decided to spread the word, that is all.
Peace :wink:

tosise8

Post by tosise8 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:04 pm

NeverendingAbyss: Would you ever eat your little cute dog-puppy?
tosise8 eli Aleksi Erola.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:36 am

When it comes to animals, people tend to be picky, if they even slightly look dangerous we have to kill them in order to prevent human deaths, if they look cute and are friendly we buy clothes and incredibly expensive jewerly for them. But when it comes to domestical animals, in my opinion, it's a matter of evolution: for example dogs have evolved and adapted to humans in order to survive, the reality is that when our dogs welcome us into our homes or when they ask us for food in the most cute ways, they're just acting instinctively to survive, if they were mean and hostile, no one would like them (Of course we could mention some dog races that are naturally agressive but they survive that way because some poeple adopt them for that reason, for protection or just to feel superior). When it comes to catter, I agree that the methods are cruel and they should be changed but I wouldn't be a vegetarian because it wouldn't make any difference, my opinion and my stand wouldn't stop the slaughter, therefore I do eat meat.
---...---

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 am

It certainly depends on the extension which you want to be. Some might be extremists, others not.
Tosise8: Let me ask you this question instead--
If you were alone in the woods with your dog and had nothing to eat for 3 days, what would you do? If you cannot find any food, what WILL you do?

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:48 am

This is a subject that can be debated till the end of time and none of us would be right or wrong.

Once again it's all about view points and what you believe is right and wrong.
Cause it is almost guaranteed that what you think is right is thought of as sick or crazy in someone else's opinion.

Here is where I stand on certain things as an example

I eat meat

I support my second amendment rights

I am not political whatsoever but I do love my country

I am not against gay unions, I believe they should have the same rights as someone who's straight.

I am not against abortions however if someone was to have one it should be for a good reason and not because "they weren't ready"

I think oil prices suck

I believe heavy metal is a great form of expression but can be abused like any other genre I.E. bands that make the others look like they are horrible people.

I don't think fighting should be the first option but I will defend myself if attacked.

anyhow I could go on and on but these here are examples of who I am, my whole point is that if you believe something is wrong then just stick to your beliefs.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:18 pm

I would rather people farmed animals than poached them to extinction. Many hunters care about a constant supply of food and game. The problem comes from when people either don’t care about the ecosystem or are too desperate for food they have destroy more than they create. Animals that are killed should be killed without causing them pain if possible. There are so many dilemmas in our ecosystem and the way life has been created to cause unnatural dependencies.
Its strange to hear about substances that will lower the lifespan of people from 70 years to 50 years and then hear that those that can help people live to 50 can’t be used in places where people only live till 30. That’s more of a case of what in the ecosystem needs to be destroyed so others can survive. Humans have created a suicidal situation for future generations and use the fact that they will not have to deal with future conditions as the ok for it all.
whether it's national dept or the ecosystem, people love living in the now.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:55 am

When it comes to hunting in my area hunters are only allowed, for example, to kill 2 deer a season. The game has to be tagged, and if a hunter is caught killing more than the limit he/she gets fined&their license taken away the rest of the year. Other game such as rabbits&squirrels, doves&quails, etc are allowed to be hunted just a few months a year, and limits set on how many killed, too.
A person has to have a permit to fish, too.
I feel these limits are necessary, and for the good of the wildlife.