A lightbulb story...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
TheBlackestDiamond
A lightbulb story...

Post by TheBlackestDiamond » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:36 pm

My friend told me this once....

There was a party in a student's dorm. Everybody were a bit drunk then... One guy enters the room and says like: "did you know, that if you put a lightbulb into your mouth, you can't put it out?". Everybody laughed a bit and seemed to forget and partied on, when a shout came from the second room. "Quick! - says the other guy - call the doctor! Marek is sitting in the kitchem with a ligtbulb in his mouth!!!". And so they called taxi to drive them to clinic emergency service. The man in the taxi looked like ":eek: what the hell happened to that guy?!" "He has a lightbulb in his mouth"... So they drove to the emergency service, the doctor gave a shot loosening Marek's jaw and so they took the lightbulb without crushing it...
Then they came back to the party, but as soon as they arrived, one guy called "Hey! call that taxi back! Anka is sitting with a lightbulb too!"...
So they called taxi again and one another came to drive them once again to the emergency service... when they arrived with Anka to the waiting room, they met the first taxi driver - guess what - with a lightbulb up his mouth...
The doctor came out and just said: "please wait, we got plague here..."
We live too short to drink lousy wine ;)
~~~~~

I am the way
I am tle light
I am the dark inside the night
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark
I hear your screams
- SAVATAGE

browneyedgirl

Re: A lightbulb story...

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Probably it was because of the vacuum created inside their mouths when they held the bulb inside by kind of sucking on it......
I guess. :err: :(
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:13 pm

I don't get it! :(

TheBlackestDiamond

Re: Re: A lightbulb story...

Post by TheBlackestDiamond » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:07 am

Nicko wrote:
What? No bulbs in local store? :D
You see, Nicko, the problem was noone did believe in what the first guy said about bulbs... so then Marek, Anka and the taxi driver wanted to try that out andended up with a lightbulb stuck in their mouths.

Luckily all ended well and the rest had then a huge laugh of how stupid ppl can be after having some alcohol...

@beg: it's propably the mechanical way of how the jaw bones work. If you spread them too much, muscles will contract. If it was because of inner pressure, it would be quite easy to solve by breathing through nose nad pumping some air to ones throat from the other side of the bulb.
~~~~~

I am the way
I am tle light
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark
I hear your screams
- SAVATAGE

Nicko

Re: Re: Re: A lightbulb story...

Post by Nicko » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:13 am

TheBlackestDiamond wrote:
Nicko wrote:
What? No bulbs in local store? :D
You see, Nicko, the problem was noone did believe in what the first guy said about bulbs... so then Marek, Anka and the taxi driver wanted to try that out andended up with a lightbulb stuck in their mouths.
no i got that part, but the punchline was shite. "wait a second, we gotplague here." it confused me rather than amused me. Or am i missing something completely? ???

TheBlackestDiamond

Re: Re: Re: Re: A lightbulb story...

Post by TheBlackestDiamond » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:36 pm

Nicko wrote:
no i got that part, but the punchline was shite. "wait a second, we gotplague here." it confused me rather than amused me. Or am i missing something completely? ???
I think he meant that there was pretty much of those ppl with lightbulbs waiting there in the waiting room at one night...
~~~~~

I am the way
I am tle light
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark
I hear your screams
- SAVATAGE

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:56 pm

The jaw muscles are really strong, and not very extensible. Plus, lightbulbs have no air in them, which makes them easy to break from the outside.

(sorry, I can't help seeming to be a know-it-all sometimes... but I just seem to be one... I know very little USEFUL stuff.)
[Insert punch line here]