The Final War

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Twilightsymphony
The Final War

Post by Twilightsymphony » Mon May 03, 2004 10:42 pm

Dont know when the Statement was released, but i didnt saw a topic yet, so here it is:

http://www.stratovarius.com/index2.php? ... tement_may

I have returned home from the hospital and I feel a little better now.

I have had a lot of time to think and analyze the situation that lead to my complete breakdown.

First and foremost I would like to thank Doctor Raili Kauppinen of ward 42 of Mehiläinen Hospital. I don´t think I would be here anymore without her encouraging rational thinking and support.

Secondly I want to thank my wife, daughter and my relatives, and my band for their love and support.

Thirdly I want to thank those legions of Stratovarius fans who sent me their messages of love and support.

I have read each and every one of them and I was truly touched by what you wrote. I have received over 3000 messages. I cannot thank you enough ever for your support.

I finally realized that I have an illness.

I completely lost control of myself. I have never felt more horrible, afraid and helpless in my entire life.

Lying in the hospital, one of the feelings that forced its way to my consciousness was this: I have been taking the wrong path. Memories and feelings filled my mind from the past Stratovarius tours and recording sessions. I became so sad for the loss. And the loss was also connected to my therapy, to my father somehow and to the starting of my studio. All these feelings at the same time almost made me end my life. These things, together with the stressful events of the last few months, were too overwhelming for me.

I felt what many Stratovarius fans must have felt about the turmoil and changes in the band they love. And finally I saw it clearly. Stratovarius is Timo Kotipelto, Jens Johansson, Jörg Michael, Jari Kainulainen and Timo Tolkki. If this line up is not possible, then there cannot be any band called Stratovarius. The current situation is not fair to the fans, and it is not fair to Katriina (Miss K), who by now is very wary of this situation.

From my side I can say that I will use my every strength to do these few last shows, I promise that I will be there, and that I am also up for trying to solve the problems with Timo Kotipelto, if he still is willing to try. I am hoping that with a little work, he will have have compassion, understanding and forgiveness for my behaviour the past year. This will not be easy and it will not be cheap. But if we can´t sit down like men and talk and solve them together, then Elements Part II will be Stratovarius´ final record and after the last show this summer on July 3 Stratovarius will die. That is the most fair thing to everybody, no matter the financial disaster which will be the result for all of us in who are left the band (excepting Katriina who I am planning to release from the contract in this case).

Despite this bad news, I have learned a lot about myself in these last days and I wish you all sunny and nice springtime.
Delusions Of Grandeur

jean_luc_picard

Re: The Final War

Post by jean_luc_picard » Mon May 03, 2004 11:06 pm

just what I've said a few days ago: I was pretty sure that TT would realize what Stratovarius means to him, to his band mates, to us all. So let's hope they'll sit 'round the table together and try to mend things, and that they all understand that in life there can be mistakes and faults (after all we're humans), but no one should be blamed for ever for his/her past. Timo Tolkki made a huge step in admitting his: now it's the time that everyone, including us the fans, unite to show there can be more Stratovarius, there can be more wonderful music, there can be more fun.

C'MON!
:D =P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Mon May 03, 2004 11:23 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
... It may also be that (and again it won't be surprising) that when TT solves his problems, he might regret his decisions and try to get koti back to the band. If he really was undergoing treatments, therapies and all the issues that drove him mad, maybe he may do the first step in trying to get the band together again.

Or maybe he will simply stop and disband strato, and again it won't be surprsising, even If I really hope it won't come to that... :err:

time will tell ;)
:D =P
MWUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!! NOSTRADAMUS, WHO?!? :D

Lord Of Eternity

Post by Lord Of Eternity » Mon May 03, 2004 11:56 pm

Well, he finally returned to his own mind and I hope he'll do exactly what he wrote in this statement.
I'm glad that he is getting better and I hope that Kotipelto return to the band...
I think that if TK really understand what happened to TT he'll be back to the band and forgive him for those bad words he said.
Well...
...Take Care
They have started the great battle of Gods!

omar_jacobo

Re: News

Post by omar_jacobo » Mon May 03, 2004 11:59 pm

I really hope Kotipalto understands that Tolkki has a desease.

I dont want to see Stratovarius breaking up.
=====================
Omar Jacobo

http://www.doomsday.s5.com
=====================

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Tue May 04, 2004 12:31 am

Guess nobody does... let's hope for the best. It's a "now-or-never" situation for the band --- the very continuity of Stratovarius rests in Kotipelto's hands.
[Insert punch line here]

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Tue May 04, 2004 12:49 am

why the final war?
pretty contradictory, since Tolkki wants peace with Kotipelto and reunite...
P.S.: Hope they can!
;)
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Tue May 04, 2004 12:58 am

Please Koti please!!!!!!!

:lol: Hey Tolkki!!! It's great to see you again standing still!!!!!!!
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

HymnToLife

Post by HymnToLife » Tue May 04, 2004 2:14 am

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

empi

Post by empi » Tue May 04, 2004 7:29 am

Last edited by empi on Tue May 04, 2004 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: The Final War

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue May 04, 2004 8:41 am

MAJINDIEGO wrote:
why the final war?
pretty contradictory, since Tolkki wants peace with Kotipelto and reunite...
P.S.: Hope they can!
;)
Becauce its a great Grave Digger songs ;)

and because of this here:
"This will not be easy and it will not be cheap. But if we can´t sit down like men and talk and solve them together, then Elements Part II will be Stratovarius´ final record and after the last show this summer on July 3 Stratovarius will die."

doesnt sound that positive i think, and Koti doesnt seem to be that interested in doing Strato stuff lately...
Delusions Of Grandeur

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 04, 2004 9:33 am

OMG...July 3 is my birthday. What a Goddamn great present---my fav band might be playing their last show. :~( :~( :~(
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Tue May 04, 2004 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

flyingdistantskies

Post by flyingdistantskies » Tue May 04, 2004 10:45 am

To the band members and you the legions : Stay strong and never loose faith.
Last edited by flyingdistantskies on Tue May 04, 2004 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonight, we're together again. Never give up, never give in, we're the Legions of the Twilight

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Tue May 04, 2004 1:02 pm

Edit - can anyone please tell me what he says/does in the video? I don't have a soundcard! :~(
Last edited by Fireblade on Tue May 04, 2004 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Mad the swine

Post by Mad the swine » Tue May 04, 2004 1:20 pm

More or less the same things he writes in the statement. ;)
Last edited by Mad the swine on Tue May 04, 2004 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AND THE KEY TO THE UNIVERSE IS BOOGA BOOGA!!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 04, 2004 2:19 pm

GreenPeace wrote:
Guess nobody does... let's hope for the best. It's a "now-or-never" situation for the band --- the very continuity of Stratovarius rests in Kotipelto's hands.
I don't think this is fair for Koti because if he does not want to rejoin the band, and it collaspses both literally&financially....he will be the scapegoat. I don't think he should be forced to rejoin for this reason. But, if they can work their diffeences out and do these last 3 CDs together, it would be WONDERFUL!!!!!:bounce2: :bounce2: :jump2:
My hopes would come true!!!:rvd:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Fireblade

Re: Re: Re: The Final War

Post by Fireblade » Tue May 04, 2004 4:04 pm

[/quote]
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Tue May 04, 2004 6:35 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
GreenPeace wrote:
I don't think this is fair for Koti because if he does not want to rejoin the band, and it collaspses both literally&financially....he will be the scapegoat. I don't think he should be forced to rejoin for this reason. But, if they can work their diffeences out and do these last 3 CDs together, it would be WONDERFUL!!!!!:bounce2: :bounce2: :jump2:
My hopes would come true!!!:rvd:
surely it isn't fair, but I do not think Tolkki wanted to force him in any way, or take the chance to blame him in case the band breaks up. I think he's just trying to mend things with an old friend, and that's great. Mr. Tolkki may have made many mistakes, but he is a great man. A great human being.
:D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 05, 2004 3:16 am

If the "Great Kotipelto" returns, just think of the phenomenal reaction when these last shows are preformed! WOW! I bet the band will get standing ovation, after standing ovation! The atmosphere was not right after Koti's departure--it was like he had died--it was that depressing.
And, if Strato survives the next 3 CDs, and goes on tour---it will be fantastic!
Lets hope the Worldwide tour with Kotipelto will transpire in all its magnificient glory!
As for MissK, I would not feel too bad for her. IF her vocals are as good as TT says, with this publicity, I'm willing to bet a popular Gothic band,or dark metal band will snap her up very shortly---just watch! :)

Diamanthai

Post by Diamanthai » Wed May 05, 2004 2:49 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
If the "Great Kotipelto" returns, just think of the phenomenal reaction when these last shows are preformed! WOW! I bet the band will get standing ovation, after standing ovation! The atmosphere was not right after Koti's departure--it was like he had died--it was that depressing.
And, if Strato survives the next 3 CDs, and goes on tour---it will be fantastic!
Lets hope the Worldwide tour with Kotipelto will transpire in all its magnificient glory!
As for MissK, I would not feel too bad for her. IF her vocals are as good as TT says, with this publicity, I'm willing to bet a popular Gothic band,or dark metal band will snap her up very shortly---just watch! :)
*lol* Browneyed, this one was good....
As far as iI remember the Fans ARE already standing during a Strato-concert, so standing ovation is nothing new with a Strato-concert!

As for Katriina, I feel sorry for her, this was a huge chance . But hey! Why should TT stop making music after all? Why not forming a new band with another name another leadsinger and do something new, which can't be compared to anything before
When I laugh, it`s tears i hide and when I cry it`s joy inside.
DEMONS AND WIZARDS -Gallows Pole

Engwahilion

Post by Engwahilion » Wed May 05, 2004 11:50 pm

But, again, Koti IS the man, and noone could ever replace him. I hope he comes back&Strato can have a future. [/quote]
Not every door is meant to be opened, not every puzzle is meant to be solved.

dasniel

Post by dasniel » Thu May 06, 2004 4:57 am

Kotipelto again?????nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Koti this, koti that, koti my ass, first album i listened from strato was dreamspace, and that album really kicked my ass, then got 4th dimension that sounded very good and different, then episode that sounded fresh and strong, but then i just got different versions and variations of episode album, Visions, Destiny, Infinite, Elements 2, they sound all the same to me(except elements 1 that is was more boring)and i think it´s because the voice, there are no vocal arrengments like blind guardian, primal fear, sinergy and many other bands have.I really liked hymn to life album and hated waiting for the dawn, so i realized, the problem here is kotipelto, his voice is to annoying and weak, i hoped MissK would bring some fresh sound but unfortunately it seems she´ll not. I prefer even Tolkki´s voice, I agree about stratovarius are tolkki,jens, jorg and jary but kotipelto should be out, he´s not at the level of stratovarius musicians and is a terrible composer too(with the exceptions of beauty has come,lord of eternity and maybe seed of sorrow). Stratovarius needs a stronger voice no matter if it´s male or female.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 06, 2004 5:34 am

dasniel wrote:
Kotipelto again?????nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Koti this, koti that, koti my ass, first album i listened from strato was dreamspace, and that album really kicked my ass, then got 4th dimension that sounded very good and different, then episode that sounded fresh and strong, but then i just got different versions and variations of episode album, Visions, Destiny, Infinite, Elements 2, they sound all the same to me(except elements 1 that is was more boring)and i think it´s because the voice, there are no vocal arrengments like blind guardian, primal fear, sinergy and many other bands have.I really liked hymn to life album and hated waiting for the dawn, so i realized, the problem here is kotipelto, his voice is to annoying and weak, i hoped MissK would bring some fresh sound but unfortunately it seems she´ll not. I prefer even Tolkki´s voice, I agree about stratovarius are tolkki,jens, jorg and jary but kotipelto should be out, he´s not at the level of stratovarius musicians and is a terrible composer too(with the exceptions of beauty has come,lord of eternity and maybe seed of sorrow). Stratovarius needs a stronger voice no matter if it´s male or female.
Well, sweetie, we don't get everything we want, do we? ;)

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu May 06, 2004 12:25 pm

dasniel you are swearing! koti is over all!
Rock and Roll.

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu May 06, 2004 7:05 pm

dasniel wrote:
Puta que pariu!!! Sorry, but this is bullshit after bullshit!

And the question of the day is: what the hell someone who never liked KOTIPELTO's voice in STRATOVARIUS is doing in this forum?!? :eyes

JEngstrom

Post by JEngstrom » Thu May 06, 2004 9:41 pm

Some people even think that this whole thing is a PR-trick to sell more albums. Personally I don't know... this whole sittuation is really odd and weird, I mean... first Kotipelto had to leave and Tolkki said alot of bad things about him and promoted a new singer with LOTS of possitive words about... I mean it was THE perfect singer according to Stratovarius.. and now she will maybe have to go without even have taken a single note in the band?

Another thing which also is very weird is as I wrote in another message that
Tolkki said in Sweden Rock Magazine that he and Kotipelto could not work together ever again and the mail reason was that Kotipelto wanted to have more of his songs on Stratos albums but Tolkki thought that Kotipelto was a bad song writer who just needed to write songs to strenghten his ego... So the question is, IF Koti would return, would Tolkki than all of a sudden ALLOW Kotipelto to have more of his songs on the Strato albums even if he thinks that he is a bad song writer? Weird sittuation...

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Thu May 06, 2004 9:45 pm

StratoHeart wrote:
dasniel wrote:

And the question of the day is: what the hell someone who never liked KOTIPELTO's voice in STRATOVARIUS is doing in this forum?!? :eyes
Shit... another one... :eyes
It's clear what he's doing here : enchendo o saco... he's just a pain in the ass... :eyes
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Final War

Post by jean_luc_picard » Thu May 06, 2004 9:56 pm

Cristiane wrote:
StratoHeart wrote:
dasniel wrote:

Shit... another one... :eyes
It's clear what he's doing here : enchendo o saco... he's just a pain in the ass... :eyes
Just one thing: one that states that Visions it's just a variation of elements, infinte and so on... well, I shouldn't say certain things =P

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Sun May 09, 2004 1:11 pm

yeah well as i said its up to koti guys
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Lugarid

Post by Lugarid » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:37 am

well..there's one thing that has been crossing my mind about all this (after reading the forum and webpage for the last half a year dayly): how about TT leaving Strato, with other projects. TK would be happy ;) and probably join the band. and about the songwriting, listen to Glory Of The World. I don't think that Jens would have any problem writing songs. and we all know by now that TK is damn good at it to. and maybe the future guitarist, whoever he might be, would have some musical ideas, and strato would live again :)

at the end, don't try to think that I have smthing against Tolkki, I just presented another possibility.