Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

strato tribute

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Muusikot keskustelee Suomeksi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fenrir
Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

HEY GUYS . WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED?I SAW A FUCKING GOOD BRAZILIAN BAND WILL BE PLAYING ON IT..THE BAND IS CALLED GLORY OPERA , I JUST CAN´T BELIEVE IT.THEY BETTER THAN STRATO IN MY OPINION , EXCEPT FROM KEYBOARDS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twilightsymphony
Sr. Member


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 1340
Location: Wiesdorf, Germany

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yet another fabulous topic about the tribute?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NixxxoN
Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't like Glory Opera because is a typical 1000th generic power metal band. But the tribute will be so great!!
Twilightsymphony, what's wrong with it, i'm sooooooooo interested to with this tribute.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cliff
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 3361
Location: Tampere

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tribute ain't great.
It's just a way for some underground bands (and not always good bands) to go out from their garage and try to reach some light Smile
Okay, it's good to listen to some different versions by some different bands, but I am not sure it is really worth to spend 20€ for it.

If people want to listen to some Stratovarius songs, the best is that they listen to the original Stratovarius and buy one of their album. don't you think ? Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ladyofeternity
Sr. Member


Joined: 03 Nov 2002
Posts: 3833

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
cliff wrote:

If people want to listen to some Stratovarius songs, the best is that they listen to the original Stratovarius and buy one of their album. don't you think ? Wink


I agree 100% with You !!! Smile

I never liked Tribute albuns & neither cover bands !
If I can listen the original Band, why to listen cover bands ? Eyes

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cristiane
Sr. Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 651
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But the point I disagree is with cover bands... I see no problem in going to a bar and see a cover band. Here in São Paulo we have the best Pink Floyd cover that I've ever seen... every time they go to Morrison bar I go there to see them playing, once I don't have the original band in here at least I can listen to those classics. Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NixxxoN
Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
cliff wrote:
Tribute ain't great.
It's just a way for some underground bands (and not always good bands) to go out from their garage and try to reach some light Smile
Okay, it's good to listen to some different versions by some different bands, but I am not sure it is really worth to spend 20€ for it.

If people want to listen to some Stratovarius songs, the best is that they listen to the original Stratovarius and buy one of their album. don't you think ? Wink


eeeeeeer¿?¿?¿?
I fuking disagree!!!
A tribute would be great!!!!!

Of course the best way to listen to those songs is with the original ones but...It's great the idea of listening to the Strato songs performed by other bands.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27227
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think some bands do the cover songs very well--others should not even try! Worried

Sonata Arctica's cover of Fade to Black was near excellent! If those bands can cover the StratoSongs that well, it would be marvelous!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MightyTharos
Jr. Member


Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This are the news about the tribute

Check bellow the full track list of "Within Infinity", a tribute to STRATOVARIUS, to be released in Italy by Northwind Records in September

01 – HIGHLORD – "Against the Wind"
02 – DARK HORIZON – "Hunting High and Low"
03 – DESDEMONA – “Black Diamond”
04 – KALEDON – “Father Time“
05 – SOUTHERN COSS – “Will The Sun Rise”
06 – HERALDRY – "Kiss Of Judas"
07 – TOCCATA MAGNA - "Paradise"
08 – METAL KINGS - "Legions"
09 – SKYLARK - medley of "Out of the Shadows" e "Hands of Time"
10 – EDDY ANTONINI – “Forever”
11 - AMAZON - "The Abyss of Your Eyes" (Visions)
12 - HEAVEN'S GUARDIAN – Uncernity (Episode)
13 - GLORY OPERA – Forever Free

It will have world release and will be out simultaneously in Japan, Europe and South America (by Megahard Records)

taken from Skylark site (www.skylark.cjb.net)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27227
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

WHAT? Surprised No Epic? Gee Whiz! No Destiny, Infinity, or Visions? Crying

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cliff
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 3361
Location: Tampere

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
NixxxoN wrote:
eeeeeeer¿?¿?¿?
I fuking disagree!!!
A tribute would be great!!!!!.
Actually I said that tribute are okay, to listen to some different versions of the song, but really honestly, yourself, would u really waste 20€ for a CD, just because it is a tribute to Stratovarius ?
have you heard of one name of the bands which covered Strato ?
Personally never Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir. Decadence
Sr. Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Posts: 1333
Location: Dreamspace

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

In the Episode-album there are many better songs than Uncertainty.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
iron_thunder
Sr. Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 1985
Location: Toronto, Canada!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW AT SACREDEMBRACE.COM Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Generally I'm not so interested in tribute albums, either, especially since I don't really know those bands.

But SINCE it's Stratovarius, I'll probably end up buying it... just out of curiosity. Hell, they're probably better than my covers!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
neonlightchild
Sr. Member


Joined: 19 Sep 2002
Posts: 2115
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
MightyTharos wrote:
This are the news about the tribute

Check bellow the full track list of "Within Infinity", a tribute to STRATOVARIUS, to be released in Italy by Northwind Records in September

01 – HIGHLORD – "Against the Wind"
02 – DARK HORIZON – "Hunting High and Low"
03 – DESDEMONA – “Black Diamond”
04 – KALEDON – “Father Time“
05 – SOUTHERN COSS – “Will The Sun Rise”
06 – HERALDRY – "Kiss Of Judas"
07 – TOCCATA MAGNA - "Paradise"
08 – METAL KINGS - "Legions"
09 – SKYLARK - medley of "Out of the Shadows" e "Hands of Time"
10 – EDDY ANTONINI – “Forever”
11 - AMAZON - "The Abyss of Your Eyes" (Visions)
12 - HEAVEN'S GUARDIAN – Uncernity (Episode)
13 - GLORY OPERA – Forever Free

It will have world release and will be out simultaneously in Japan, Europe and South America (by Megahard Records)

taken from Skylark site (www.skylark.cjb.net)



METAL KINGS Confused That´s a stupid name for band!!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fenrir
Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Re: strato tribute Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
NixxxoN wrote:
I don't like Glory Opera because is a typical 1000th generic power metal band. But the tribute will be so great!!
Twilightsymphony, what's wrong with it, i'm sooooooooo interested to with this tribute.


that´s not true.they are greater than other repetitive bands

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Muusikot keskustelee Suomeksi All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group