New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:41 pm

Hope this link works.
GREAT interview!

http://www.metal-temple.com/interview.asp?id=83
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Twilightsymphony

Re: New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:45 pm

EDIT: Whoa... 666 posts :evilgrin:
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:56 pm

whoa, it was weird knowing tolkki fired lassilla & ikkonen... with a letter! :eyes
oh me... =P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

Templar

Post by Templar » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:27 am

Hi there people, I'm glad you sort of liked Kotipelto's Interview with me :)
You know, it's weird cause during the last 3 years I've Interviewed Michael and Kotipelto but never Tolkki...which would be quite interesting I guess 8)

Concerning my questions...well, you do have to ask a few typical questions according to the circumstances (always) even if those questions have been asked by others again and again. You see, people who read a mag on a monthly basis don't necesseraly have to know what an Interviewed artist has already said to other mags or forms of media...
Anyway I'm just glad at least you found something new and interesting in this interview... :)

Take care everyone!
Hell Bent, Hell Bent For Leather!

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:55 am

Its just that in a band forum you read alot of interviews and so it is quite repetive. I wonder how boring it may be for an artist to answer the same question 20 times a day :D
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

Templar

Re: Re: Re: New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Post by Templar » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:02 am

[/quote]

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:34 am

So.......the truth is that the two Timos have NOT had that heart to heart talk yet! :~(
Then, WHY is TT telling some fans that everyhing is fine, Strato is fine, the band is continuing? :(
To keep peoples morale&hopes up? To keep the peace? What this game that seems to be playing out here? :(

I dont know what to believe, or have faith in anymore. :(

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:48 am

Last edited by Gnosis_and_Life on Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

Luca

Post by Luca » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:37 am

Cool down guys! First, Tolkki never said that the band is fine like saying that Stratovarius will continue. Maybe something is better now, he's not drunk at the shows, and Jens doesn't piss on his trousers... And Jari doesn't do the gay, and they say goodbye and thanks to all the people and fans, being togheter, not Kotipelto and Jorg first, and then the others.

This is why Stratovarius are "fine". Tolkki is a shy guy, and sometimes childish, because it's evident that he does many things without really thinking twice about them. If he fired ex-members with a letter, it means that he didn't have the courage to face them... like now with Kotipelto. In my opinion, Tolkki should not keep on being the boss. I mean, he write masterpieces, that's true, but Jens sometimes writes them too, and Kotipelto too. Maybe if he wasn't so "boss", we could hear some masterpiece from other members instead of bullshits like "Know the Difference" and other 30 seconds written songs...

Then, Kotipelto didn't say that after 3rd July he'll think about it for sure....
He says that if Tolkki spoke and apologized to him, he wouldn't probably think to join the band in any case, at least not before all the shows are done.

So, Tolkki didn't speak to him yet, and the shows are not finished. And even if these two things will happen, it's not for sure that Kotipelto will even think about it.
So, again, I say READ WORDS, because finnish people are not saying them just to say them. If they say 38, it never becomes almost 40, and then 40. it's 38!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Suomi Finland rulez!

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:28 am

Luca wrote:
If they say 38, it never becomes almost 40, and then 40. it's 38!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
cool =P and what if it's 39? :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:11 pm

LUCA, I agree largely with you because you have realistic attitude. I have been wavering between very high hope that Strato would indeed reunite, and the depths of depression knowing that its all over for this band.

I think we all should wait for Tolkki to make a statement.
I think he is just trying to keep it all peaceful until the final decision is made.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:43 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
LUCA, I agree largely with you because you have realistic attitude. I have been wavering between very high hope that Strato would indeed reunite, and the depths of depression knowing that its all over for this band.

I think he is just trying to keep it all peaceful until the final decision is made.
we'll have to wait until the 3rd of july, perhaps beyond - anyway I would say that these interviews were taken before the beginning of summer tour, so it may be that tolkki & koti & michael had some talking.

This doesn't mean the situation will change. I myself too think that Strato will definitively disband - I mean, Kotipelto made some heavy statements, no hope really. :( =P Let's hope strato will continue anyway, perhaps with new musicians, new style... who knows ??? :D

Nosobassist

Post by Nosobassist » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:51 pm

instead of bullshits like "Know the Difference"
Guarda che "Know the difference" è un MASTERPIECE! anzi, ti dirò di più... è una tra le migliori canzoni degli Stratovarius... sia come testi e sia come musica!

For all who don't undestand italian:
I told Luca that "Know the difference" isn't a bullshit at all!! I like that songs for it's music and for the lyrics... don't you like it too?

I think that song is one of the MASTERPIECES created by Stratovarius...

What do you think about it?
Like a burning flame in my heart, I still hear your calling, and I wanna touch your face for...
A while of heaven!

-Sphere-
Power/Prog.Metal band
- www.Sphere-online.com -

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:59 pm

Nosobassist wrote:
:zzz:
Delusions Of Grandeur

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:28 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

we'll have to wait until the 3rd of july, perhaps beyond - anyway I would say that these interviews were taken before the beginning of summer tour, so it may be that tolkki & koti & michael had some talking.

This doesn't mean the situation will change. I myself too think that Strato will definitively disband - I mean, Kotipelto made some heavy statements, no hope really. :( =P Let's hope strato will continue anyway, perhaps with new musicians, new style... who knows ??? :D
This interview was done June 2nd, 2004--just a few days ago! ;)

I noticed, though, Katriina's bloody pics have been removed from the main page ???

I just be glad when TT makes the statement! =P

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:32 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
jean_luc_picard wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

This interview was done June 2nd, 2004--just a few days ago! ;)

I noticed, though, Katriina's bloody pics have been removed from the main page ???

I just be glad when TT makes the statement! =P
well, if it's so it's even worse: they've been playing together for a least a week and hadn't the chance to even say a word? ???

Templar

Post by Templar » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:00 pm

In my opinion (if it's of any interest to you :) ) TK seemed to me (on the phone) to be pretty fed up of the whole situation with TT "bossing" him around more than he should have for the past few years. It's like that, you know, when you get fed up with a situation...you get fed up...And like TK told me "we never were the best friends, I always had my best friends somewhere else" which meant (in my humble opinion) that their relationship always was the typical "boss - employee" relationship which sometimes can turn out to be...pretty bad... :eek:

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:01 pm

100 posts... woa! :D :viking:
Last edited by jean_luc_picard on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:04 pm

But there are bands were this concept is working, the point is perhaps that the strato guys have by now been playing together for quite a while and surely are all able to do an outstanding job. So maybe this feeling of TT being the boss evolved later.

Most bands with such a structure seem to change the line-up more often, Iced Earth for example.
They are surely a band which is successful this way, but i think it may be helpful for Strato to have more influences than TT, because to be honest, the last album wasnt great at all imo...

We´ll see...
Delusions Of Grandeur

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:10 pm

Templar wrote:
You know, it's weird cause during the last 3 years I've Interviewed Michael and Kotipelto but never Tolkki...which would be quite interesting I guess 8)

Concerning my questions...well, you do have to ask a few typical questions according to the circumstances (always) even if those questions have been asked by others again and again. You see, people who read a mag on a monthly basis don't necesseraly have to know what an Interviewed artist has already said to other mags or forms of media...
Anyway I'm just glad at least you found something new and interesting in this interview... :)

Take care everyone!
I enjoyed reading it very much, thanks Templar! It must have been fun to do the interview. :D
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Templar

Post by Templar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:15 am

[/quote]

Templar

Post by Templar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:20 am

Fireblade wrote:
Templar wrote:

Take care everyone!
I enjoyed reading it very much, thanks Templar! It must have been fun to do the interview. :D
Well, it is "fun" in a way but it's always slightly different when you're trying to get your job done right. TK's job was to give an Interview, mine's was to ask him questions...besides that, it's only real fun when you get to meet them up close (and trust me, there are some artists who can make you have a heart-attack only by realizing that they're shaking your hand and talking to you, even if you're a reporter heh - who said reporters aren't fans :D)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:57 am

Templar wrote:
In my opinion (if it's of any interest to you :) ) TK seemed to me (on the phone) to be pretty fed up of the whole situation with TT "bossing" him around more than he should have for the past few years. It's like that, you know, when you get fed up with a situation...you get fed up...And like TK told me "we never were the best friends, I always had my best friends somewhere else" which meant (in my humble opinion) that their relationship always was the typical "boss - employee" relationship which sometimes can turn out to be...pretty bad... :eek:
That was obvious. I assume as polite as TK seems to be, he took alot then, reached a point where he said,"Hey! My needs&wants in this band count, too!" After all, he was the frontman-the driving force.
I still hope that TK will do PopKiller,at least! But, a couple of he fans reported tha TT talked to them and he was very optimistic---was this his delusions of grandeur again? :(

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:28 am

Nosobassist wrote:
instead of bullshits like "Know the Difference"
Guarda che "Know the difference" è un MASTERPIECE! anzi, ti dirò di più... è una tra le migliori canzoni degli Stratovarius... sia come testi e sia come musica!

For all who don't undestand italian:
I told Luca that "Know the difference" isn't a bullshit at all!! I like that songs for it's music and for the lyrics... don't you like it too?

I think that song is one of the MASTERPIECES created by Stratovarius...

Yep, bullshit isn't the best word and expresses my opinion.. no doubt, though, that Know the difference wasn't liked by strato-fans. It's been judged as one of the worst songs, and another one in my opinion is Papillon...
Know the difference has great instrumental parts and solos, but the voice.... it's horrible and out of tune. And the song is very banal, doesn't give me anything new and cool to listen, except Jens solo.
Suomi Finland rulez!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:28 pm

I liked the Words/Lyrics of Know the Difference.
It wasn't one of my favs on E2, though.

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:04 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
'Know The Difference' wasn't bad, indeed, but I prefer 'I Walk To My Own Song' and 'Dreamweaver'. From all songs on Elements 2, these two made chills run down my spine. :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am

Agent Orange wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
'Know The Difference' wasn't bad, indeed, but I prefer 'I Walk To My Own Song' and 'Dreamweaver'. From all songs on Elements 2, these two made chills run down my spine. :)
Alpha&Omega is my favorite&I like Season of Faith's Perfection.

ladyofeternity

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Kotipelto Interview at Metal-Temple

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:04 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Alpha&Omega is my favorite&I like Season of Faith's Perfection.
For me Dreamweaver, Alpha & Omega, Luminous, Liberty, Season of Faith's Perfection, Fantasia, & A drop in the Ocean are my faves from the Elements albuns !
But I think part 2 is much better than part1 !

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:56 am

Out of both Elements, I liked SOAV the best, then A&O, then Elements, then SOFP! WHEW!!!!! :D Yes, overall I liked E2 best. :)

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:14 am

I too liked Elements 2 better, must be cause it seems like the songs have a deeper meaning than on Elements 1.

All the song I like from both those albums are: Eagleheart, Soul Of A Vagabond (best from E1), Papillion, Alpha and Omega, I Walk to My Own Song, Seasons of Faith's Perfection and Dreamweaver (together with IWTMOS best of E2, as I mentioned earlier).