Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Helsinki

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavydolphin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, Helsinki, "somehow", IS Stratovarius-related... Wink
I´ll be there from this Friday till Easter Monday and as I don´t understand (much) Finnish (yet) and as most of the websites are written in this language... ->> is there somebody who could give me any good advice where to go at night? Cool metalplaces??
Will there even be a metalgig, perhaps, this weekend??
I booked this trip BEFORE the THUNDERSTONE-tour with ICED EARTH was cancelled...

THANX IN ADVANCE!!!

heavydolphin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Forgot one thing: what´s the weather like up there, at the moment?? Have NO idea about the clothing to take with me...

Rantanen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SEMIFINAL, ILVES and TAVASTIA are on the same street which is called Urho Kekkosenkatu. A bar called MANALA is favourite among finnish artists, it is located at Dagmarinkatu 2. NOSTURI is a larger club for live music, located at Telakkakatu 8.

jarkki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

These bands plays heavy/rock. 51 koodia has sold quite much their records. Finnish lyrics. Check websites of other bands...

heavydolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hi Rantanen + Jarkki, thank you sooo much!!!! Very needfull advices!! Smile

BTW Jarkki, I am from Germany Smile

Turbonorsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Corner BAr is great!
Check also Bar "poppis" in kaivopiha (go through The big black building with curious sausage-like balcony opposite of the central railway station).
I haven't visited poppis for a while, but they used to play all kinds of "softer metal" (HIM, Sentenced, metallica) there. Check it out!

BTW, where in germany you are from? I'm about to go through erasmus-program to study in germany (universität Hanover) for 6 months next autumn...I might also need some advice?

heavydolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hi Turbonorsu,
I live about 400 km away from Hanovre, so I might not give you advices to that town, sorry...
But if I can help you with any other information or so, let me know!

Veripalttu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Avoid these places. Highlight, Ooppera, premier and CTRL.
Corner bar is great and so is on the rocks.

Kurva Bicha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ahem...most of the metal hangouts in Helsinki pretty much suck, but you simply have to visit Corner Bar and Tavastia...I was there last night and I'm actually drunk at work now so...welcome to hell...sinki.

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hi guys..!
I'm going to Helsinki, too... but I just cannot find a cheap flight departing from Milan Very Happy

I checked out a low-cost flight at germanwings.com, but I have to change in Cologne/Bonn... and, unfortunately, there is no possibilty to come back because the last flight departing from Germany is taking off before my arrival from Finland... >=(

What a pity... Crying
do you know something more about this distant skies matter Confused Confused Very Happy

...thank you in advance!

Luca

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
TheLastViking wrote:
Hi guys..!
I'm going to Helsinki, too... but I just cannot find a cheap flight departing from Milan Very Happy

I checked out a low-cost flight at germanwings.com, but I have to change in Cologne/Bonn... and, unfortunately, there is no possibilty to come back because the last flight departing from Germany is taking off before my arrival from Finland... >=(

What a pity... Crying
do you know something more about this distant skies matter Confused Confused Very Happy

...thank you in advance!

Hi, check out RyanAir: Milan-Frankfurt-Tampere (FIN). It costs very few.

Another good choice is SAS Scandinavian, it's not that expensive sometimes...
Are you a student? In any case, check out CTS website www.cts.it there are many flights with different prices and rules!! Good luck!

downhand

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Luca wrote:
Quote:
TheLastViking wrote:
Hi guys..!

What a pity... Crying

...thank you in advance!

Hi, check out RyanAir: Milan-Frankfurt-Tampere (FIN). It costs very few.

Are you a student? In any case, check out CTS website www.cts.it there are many flights with different prices and rules!! Good luck!

any idea how i can get to finland from turkey for an extreme cheap price?

mo-ka

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I will go to Helsinki too! I'll be there 24-25 June ( I will go to Nordkapp by motorbike Worried ...a little trip of 8000 Km from Italy)

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Luca wrote:Hi, check out RyanAir: Milan-Frankfurt-Tampere (FIN). It costs very few.

Ok! I've booked a RyanAir flight stopping in Frankfurt: 160 €! That's a good price IMO... I've checked other offers and they were all about 1000 €! Worried !DreAdFuL! Worried

Grazie Luca! Tongue
I'm leaving on July, 15 and I will be there just for the fabulous TUSKA Festival... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great bands in a great city!

Maybe the future is starting to smile towards me..! Ban_dance01 Biggrinbounce2 Ban_dance02

Does anybody know how far is Tampere from Helsinki? Can I reach it by train or on bus? Confused

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

By the way....
I think that 30 € for one day at TUSKA is a cheap price... here in Italy we could waste 45 € (45€!!!) for one day at Gods-of-Metal... and the names right here are not at the same level of the Tuska's ones! >=(

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Whoa!
Can't you recognize € ?
Well € is for Euro!

€ = Euro Smile

Jodwin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm nto sure how far Tampere exactly is from Helsinki, but maybe between 250 and 350 kilometers? I might be very wrong, though! Very Happy

You can get by train to Helsinki from Tampere and vice versa. Smile

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anybody know how far is Tampere from Helsinki? Can I reach it by train or on bus? Confused
Yes you can. I'd recommand you the bus. it's a little bit cheaper than train and it's quite a good experience. Don't lose too much time in Tampere, there is nothing to see except a really old printing factory, which is closed Very Happy

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
downhand wrote:
any idea how i can get to finland from turkey for an extreme cheap price?
It's more and more difficult to find cheap flights everywhere, but perhaps u can try to get a Interrail pass ?
with this pass; you can travel as much as you want in Europe during 15 days or 1 month , and the price of the passes are quite cheaper than a flight (and you can always use that pass in the country) !!!

The only bad point is that you can't use these passes in the country in which you live. So if you live not too far from a border, you can pay a little to go to the nearest foreigner city, and then enjoy your pass !

more info there : http://www.interrailnet.com/

Invinoveritas

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, Tampere is 180 km. from Helsinki, a 2 hour trip by bus...

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you in advance! Tongue

iron_thunder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW AT SACREDEMBRACE.COM Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Kurva Bicha wrote:
so...welcome to hell...sinki.

HAHAHA that made my day

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

have fun !

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you so much Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!

Quote:
cliff wrote:
Now honestly, I am not sure that it really worth it. Generally the prices for trains or buses are not really expensive in Finland.
If I remember right, one train ticket from Helsinki til Rovaniemi costs 70€.

Well... I'll check the trip distances in order to spare some money.
But I'll probably take an airplane to get to Rovaniemi: some stand-by low-cost fares are almost cheaper that one railway-ticket! Tongue

Quote:
bring a "sleeping mask" with You or pray for the hostel has good curtains. It's really difficult to fall asleep with the sun shining at 3AM Smile

Gotcha! Cool
My "Lonely Planet" guide told me so.. and then I took the properly precautions!

Quote:
...it's a real trap for tourists... ...have a photo of yourself with the Artic Circle pannel (everyone do that there !!!)

Thank you for your advice!
I'll surely take that kind of photo Tongue !!
If you're travelling to Italy, don't hesitate to ask me for advice... I'll try to be as kind as you have been! Very Happy

p.s. maybe I'll ask you something else before my departure Smile

p.p.s ...like the places to be seen! Biglaugh

heavydolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A bus from Tampere drives to main station Helsinki 1/2 an hour after arrival. If I do remember right it lasted about 2 or 2 1/2 hours and costs 20 € each way.

TheLastViking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Damn that travel agency..! >=(

heavydolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Helsinki Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, it´s the same at all Ryan Air´s airports - busses drive you directly to the big cities. It at least happened to me like that in Helsinki, Stockholm and Venice...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum