The Final War

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Re: The Final War

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:59 pm

JEngstrom wrote:
Some people even think that this whole thing is a PR-trick to sell more albums. Personally I don't know... this whole sittuation is really odd and weird, I mean... first Kotipelto had to leave and Tolkki said alot of bad things about him and promoted a new singer with LOTS of possitive words about... I mean it was THE perfect singer according to Stratovarius.. and now she will maybe have to go without even have taken a single note in the band?

Another thing which also is very weird is as I wrote in another message that
Tolkki said in Sweden Rock Magazine that he and Kotipelto could not work together ever again and the mail reason was that Kotipelto wanted to have more of his songs on Stratos albums but Tolkki thought that Kotipelto was a bad song writer who just needed to write songs to strenghten his ego... So the question is, IF Koti would return, would Tolkki than all of a sudden ALLOW Kotipelto to have more of his songs on the Strato albums even if he thinks that he is a bad song writer? Weird sittuation...
Yes, this whole situation i confusing&weird in lots of ways. We fans are not stupid; we can sense&see things are amiss. Most of us are not so blindfollowing that we accept everything that has happened with face value.
However, life goes on, and whatever has happened those last 3 albums hopefully will be made. But, things will never be the same as before this Drama started--to say different is to deny reality.Sane People do not just blink their eyes and forget events. Even if Strato goes on a while longer people will still remember the drama of the past months. That drama gained alot of attention to Strato--both good&bad, and unfortunately Human Nature being what it is BOTH will be equally remembered.
At least lets hope the 2 Timos can regain civility to their relationship, Strato finishes those albums, and they do a US tour before retiring! Selfish of me--damn right,but I'm honest! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: The Final War

Post by timo the soulforged » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:25 pm

Lugarid wrote:
well..there's one thing that has been crossing my mind about all this (after reading the forum and webpage for the last half a year dayly): how about TT leaving Strato, with other projects. TK would be happy ;) and probably join the band. and about the songwriting, listen to Glory Of The World. I don't think that Jens would have any problem writing songs. and we all know by now that TK is damn good at it to. and maybe the future guitarist, whoever he might be, would have some musical ideas, and strato would live again :)

at the end, don't try to think that I have smthing against Tolkki, I just presented another possibility.
you don't understand despite the fact that koti and jens can write nice songs tolkisless stratovarius is no stratovarius..... go to their web page and search their discography...next to each song stands the name of the songwriter...count the songs and count how many tolki has written... lost the account??! ofcourse kotiless stratovarius is no stratovarius too again cos if it wasn't for him tt songs wouldn't sound that nice!!!timo's,jens,jari,jorg=strato :)
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

dwarflander

Re: Re: Re: The Final War

Post by dwarflander » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:42 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
JEngstrom wrote:
Some people even think that this whole thing is a PR-trick to sell more albums. Personally I don't know... this whole sittuation is really odd and weird, I mean... first Kotipelto had to leave and Tolkki said alot of bad things about him and promoted a new singer with LOTS of possitive words about... I mean it was THE perfect singer according to Stratovarius.. and now she will maybe have to go without even have taken a single note in the band?

Another thing which also is very weird is as I wrote in another message that
Tolkki said in Sweden Rock Magazine that he and Kotipelto could not work together ever again and the mail reason was that Kotipelto wanted to have more of his songs on Stratos albums but Tolkki thought that Kotipelto was a bad song writer who just needed to write songs to strenghten his ego... So the question is, IF Koti would return, would Tolkki than all of a sudden ALLOW Kotipelto to have more of his songs on the Strato albums even if he thinks that he is a bad song writer? Weird sittuation...
... Most of us are not so blindfollowing that we accept everything that has happened with face value.
However, life goes on, and whatever has happened those last 3 albums hopefully will be made. But, things will never be the same as before this Drama started--to say different is to deny reality.Sane People do not just blink their eyes and forget events. Even if Strato goes on a while longer people will still remember the drama of the past months. That drama gained alot of attention to Strato--both good&bad, and unfortunately Human Nature being what it is BOTH will be equally remembered.
If I remember correctly, TK didn´t say that the MAIN reason for problems wasn´t that TK´s songs didn´t end up in albums. Surely he was pissed off about it, but then again he had chance to make solo albums. There must be a number of different reasons, but either one of them wants to tell everything and that´s fine with me. What must have been a problem, was TT´s unpredictable behaviour. I´m not saying that TK is totally without guilt, but I would imagine that excessive drinking and violent mood swings are not pleasant things to happen on tour... or during recordings for that matter. And TK simply said that he did not like the direction that Stratovarius´music had taken: bombastic choirs and orchestras, too high vocal melodies etc. THOSE things TK could not influence, because he wasn´t the one composing the songs. As for Miss K, I think she got what she wanted: publicity. I think it was wise of Miss K to look for other projects, and I wish all the best for her.
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

browneyedgirl

Re: The Final War

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:46 pm

@timothe soulforged+dwarflander=Great Posts!
You 2 I have to brag on for those posts because they are so true.
I think we know by now that without any of those guys Strato is not complete.
I think Katriina was a good Metal friend of TTs, and he simply helped her out by giving her a chance to gain publicity&spread her wings. I picture her as lead singer for a popular Goth, or Dark Metal Band very shortly....;)

Whatever happened with TK I am sure was a culmilation of many things. But, when personalities clash, nothing can last forever no matter how great the compromises. These 5 guys are so talented in their own right that I am sure all will do very well after Strato is gone. And there will always be reunions at Festivals---that would be cool to see them get together once a year, every year,at Wacken until they are all Grandpas/ Ol' Men! :D
But,I still wanna see those last 3 proposed Albums with Koti singing-PopKiller&2 more! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

timo the soulforged

Re: The Final War

Post by timo the soulforged » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:38 pm

It's just the truth.... :) but thanks for your good words,it's nice to see that some people like your sayings :)
oftopic:i really wonder why hasn't any other member made any statement?!?except for jens.
Gold-Booga.C-Guard