Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Rediscovering Stratovarius

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangehighways

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well I have all of Stratovarius's albums and until today, hadn't listened to them in a while. BUt today I cracked on Infinite, and I have to say, it's one of the best metal albums ever made, its fantastic. I am gonna play Stratovarius cds for the next few days and think to myself that Stratovarius are gonna be sorely missed if they finish, I for one, will be sad if they don't release any more albums.....

browneyedfool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What songs are on Infinity? Which ones are your favorites?

My favorite album is definitely Visions. Full of classics like Black Diamond, forever, etc.

I love holy light too Smile

Fireblade
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Me too! I didn't listen to Strato so much in the worst times as I just got too upset thinking that there may never be new music from them.

I have been on a bit of a Nightwish bender the last few months, but I listened to some Strato for the first time in ages a few weeks ago, especially the live songs on the bonus disc of Elements 2. (and the 2 Elements' studio songs).

I still think that Elements are two of the best. I love Dreamspace too, and the darker stuff of Episode, but that doesn't mean that I can't love the new stuff too. To pick a favourite album of Strato is too hard, they are spread over such a long time and each has a place in my heart and memories of the time when I first heard it.

Soul of a Vagabond is one of my favourite songs of all time, it's sooo powerful and stirring, and I never tire of it.

strangehighways

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:
What songs are on Infinity? Which ones are your favorites?

My favorite album is definitely Visions. Full of classics like Black Diamond, forever, etc.

I love holy light too Smile

My favorites are the whole album!! Seriously I love every track so much..
I also love Episode, and 4th Dimension, and have a soft spot for Twilight Time and Dreamspace.
Im also getting more into Elements 1 and 2 every day:)

browneyedfool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I forget, but is Twilight Time with the new lineup with Jorg and Jens or the old one?

And about 'rediscovering stratovarius,' that's what I'm trying to do. I have my classics. But those are not the ones I upload to my MP3 player. Instead, I upload all the songs I would be otherwise unlikely to listen to. And its good fun, discovering new classics!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedfool, you are a real idiot, you know that?
I won't play any of your sick, warped games----everyone knows who the Winner is here.
You are sick, man. Icon_shake
Get a Life.
YOU are the obsessed one.

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:
I forget, but is Twilight Time with the new lineup with Jorg and Jens or the old one?

And about 'rediscovering stratovarius,' that's what I'm trying to do. I have my classics. But those are not the ones I upload to my MP3 player. Instead, I upload all the songs I would be otherwise unlikely to listen to. And its good fun, discovering new classics!

DUDE are you sick....you forced ISSAC TO ATTACK YOU Uzi die bit....

Luca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What has Browneyedfool made so bad?

jean_luc_picard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Luca wrote:

Indeed I was right when I wrote the previous "kotipelto's statement" topic was going to be locked. Hasn't it in the end?

I've expressed my point of view before, so there's no need to reiterate it. It's just sad and annoying, period.

browneyedfool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
I won't play any of your sick, warped games----everyone knows who the Winner is here.
Get a Life.

Why? I contributed to this topic. How am I sick? How has anyone become the 'winner' here?

StratoBOB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:

KISS OF JUDAS - another great classic
Rvd , also Comming Home , Before The Winter and Paradise . Damn great album . Every single song we don't mentioned can exist in the top-songs list

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:
Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Get a Life.

Why? I contributed to this topic. How am I sick? How has anyone become the 'winner' here?

your signature....!!!!!

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Luca wrote:

now you can't see it he had the same sifnature with beg but with some things changed into a bad meaning..

browneyedfool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You know, kids, I dont have a signature =)

But lets try to keep this on topic, ok?
---------------------------------------

I agree, Visions is just excellent. Ever single song is a masterpiece. Kiss of Judas is one of my favorites too.

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:
You know, kids, I dont have a signature =)

But lets try to keep this on topic, ok?
---------------------------------------

I agree, Visions is just excellent. Ever single song is a masterpiece. Kiss of Judas is one of my favorites too.

yes now you don't have.....
as for visions i agree

MaFiaBoY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:

Wasn't Forever on Episode-album ?

browneyedfool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Correct.
I, rmm meant forever FREE. Its just that nowadays, freedom is a given thing ;--)

Stratomano

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Rediscovering Stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedfool wrote:
Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Get a Life.

any winner here? blaaaaaaaaaah....im out of this community

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum