New Cradle Of Filth is not THAT bad

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
God Called In Sick T
New Cradle Of Filth is not THAT bad

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:52 pm

http://www.cradleoffilth.com/docs/media ... edCunt.mp3

First mp3 release from the band: Gilded Cunt. Well, I liked it more than the whole Damnation And A Day.

In fact I have listened to half the new album, but I can't share it, and I find it to be very good, as I told the new CoF's guitar player.

Enjoy it.

NP: Stratovarius - Nightfall

Twilightsymphony

Re: New Cradle Of Filth is not THAT bad

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:54 pm

Damnation kinda sucked. The new one is definately as good as the best tracks on Damnation... but i think i will have to listen to the album before buying it. Latest stuff of CoF isnt that convincing anymore, imo...
Delusions Of Grandeur

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:00 pm

Well, I liked Midian a lot, and I actually liked Damnation And A Day, the orchestra thing and such...

And I can assure you the new album will be better than D&AD. I found it interesting.

NP: Strato - Eagleheart

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:11 pm

I liked Midian too. I just thought that Damnation really lacked atmosphere - i always liked those slower parts with whispering and stuff ;)

And the orchestra parts were good but somehow badly connected with the rest, a good example for a more extrem album with orchestra was the latest Dimmu CD.. well, not really comparable though..
Delusions Of Grandeur

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:41 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:I liked Midian too. I just thought that Damnation really lacked atmosphere - i always liked those slower parts with whispering and stuff ;)

And the orchestra parts were good but somehow badly connected with the rest, a good example for a more extrem album with orchestra was the latest Dimmu CD.. well, not really comparable though..
Believe me: You won't be the first person who compares Cradle and Dimmu. Really.

NP: Converge - Heartless

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:09 pm

God Called In Sick Today wrote:You won't be the first person who compares Cradle and Dimmu. Really.
That isnt necessarily a justification ;)
Delusions Of Grandeur

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:09 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
God Called In Sick Today wrote:You won't be the first person who compares Cradle and Dimmu. Really.
That isnt necessarily a justification ;)
I was just mocking all the people who spends their time comparing Dimmu Borgir and Cradle Of Filth as though their lives would be in serious danger. It's just a stupid competition, and as one said: "comparisons are useless, they show nothing but the kind of person the one who compares is".

I apologise for the absence of emoticons, my post seemed harmful. I just attack the trolls :mrgreen:

NP: Stratovarius - Against The Wind

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:46 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:I liked Midian too. I just thought that Damnation really lacked atmosphere - i always liked those slower parts with whispering and stuff.

And the orchestra parts were good but somehow badly connected with the rest, a good example for a more extreme album with orchestra was the latest Dimmu CD... well, not really comparable though...
I think that comes from Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir's tendency to hire a third party for arranging the orchestral parts. Therion mastermind Christopher Johnsson does not do it that way; he scores all the music himself, which makes it sound a lot more organic and authentic. I don't exactly know how Stratovarius does it, but I suppose Jens and Tolkki would have no trouble writing the orchestral parts for something like "Mother Gaia".

Cheers,

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane