Is Heavy Metal Dead?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Nicko
Re: Is Heavy Metal Dead?

Post by Nicko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:28 pm

StratoHeart wrote:Hmmm... let's see.

I can say for sure:

Kurt Cobain is dead.
Cliff Burton is dead.
Randy Rhoads is dead.
Chuck Schuldiner is dead.
Immortal is dead.
I dont see anything heavy metal about any of those!
About Heavy Metal:

Nightwish is just released one of their best albums;
Children of Bodom is bigger each day pass;
Arch Enemy idem, and it´s working in the next album;
Angra is about to release their next album, which was considered a ;
Helloween ressurected with RDCE;
Stratovarius will be back;
to me they're all power metal bands

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:46 pm

Shurik No they´not...they´re exactly the same...they just want to profit profit from their still quite large fanbase who admire the just because of their history when they have been inovative...right now they are clone like any other clone...they are clone of themselves...

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:12 pm

Bah, stop the fucking bullshit! All you LH do is impose your opinion, like you're the owner of the truth, but you are not. So you don't like some bands and they are bad, dead because of that? Give me a break, kid. You should know that you are inside a COMMUNITY, and we preach the respect here. If you don't like something, shut up and search for what interests to you, or open some thread about it. We don't need these stupid controversial disccussions.

Metal scene will never be united only because people created labels. Oh, this band is not heavy metal, they are power metal... And this is not heavy metal, because they play speed metal... Aaahhh!! From Freedom Call to Krisiun, all of them play metal! We all are in the same boat, it's the same universe! Labels are useful just for marketing. Grow up, people, and stop thinking you are expert in rock.

Your taste doesn't matter to me, but I would respect it if you respect others too. And here you go saying that metal is dead... come on. Iron Maiden is the biggest metal band ever, is still on the top and will fall from there only when the band is over, accept it or not, no matter what you think about them. If I like the band? No, I don't like it that much.

And Nicko, you didn't get me at any point. So, nevermind.

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:22 pm

ok stratoheart...maybe i´ve got to agree i may have gone too far this time...but still there is difference betwee n imposing opinion and expressing its meaning...i never insulted anyone in this thread, didn´t use a single curved word...so where the fuck did u get i do not respect you?

and if I may dare to ask what other topic that controvertional do you need?i dunno but i guess THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING TO DEBATE OVER...not just babbling over and over agin "OH TOLKKI IS SO GREAT"...may I get the answer please?

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:23 pm

fair enough, explain it then, I wanna know what you meant

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:30 pm

nicko i think that i have explained it sufficently in posts n this thread...basicaly i was trying to say that heavy metal is not developing thus it is dying...and i was trying to get your opinions on this cause...sadly i mostly got only offended...

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:11 pm

StratoHeart wrote: Metal scene will never be united only because people created labels. Oh, this band is not heavy metal, they are power metal... And this is not heavy metal, because they play speed metal... Aaahhh!! From Freedom Call to Krisiun, all of them play metal! We all are in the same boat, it's the same universe! Labels are useful just for marketing. Grow up, people, and stop thinking you are expert in rock.
you´re right, that´s the main point. That´s why there will always be metal
Besides, the topic starter doesn´t seem to like Metal, not even in the classic, raw state (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest), so he doesn´t like metal...AT ALL.
The metal you claimed for maybe dead...for you...
If you don´t accept natural evolution of the style, nor the rawest state of it...and not even those who copy those...what can i do...
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:18 pm

why the hell everyone here thinks i do not like metal just because i do not like maiden and co.?that´s absolutely outstanding that you know what i like and dislike based on one single information...if i would not liek metal do you think that i would over 300 metal cds at home?but i simply do not like maiden and i do not like metal...?aren´t you guys a little bit narrowminded?

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:32 pm

Pal
1- you said you didn´t like tradicional bands (Iron, Sabbath, Priest)
2- you don´t take other styles as metal (speed/melodic/progressive...)
3- you said there´s some bands that keep copying the others.

So, if Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Hammerfall, Rhapsody, and so on is not metal, and you don´t like the Classics, what do you want us to think?
...it´s a miracle.

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:38 pm

well lad you´ll have to remind me when i wrote that power,speed progress and so on are not metal...i´ve checked over my posts and i wrote nothing like that...though i DID said that i do not like traditional metal...

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:49 pm

LittleHarry wrote:well i do not know but i do not consider Nightwish,Angra,Stratovarius and so on Heavy Metal Bands...for me Heavy Metal are iron maiden,judas priest,manowar,hammerfall,motorhead,black sabbath,van halen and bands like this...
okay, so that´s Heavy Metal for you.
LittleHarry wrote:...personally I cannot stand Maiden,Priest,Sabbath or any Heavy Metal...
Ow my, does that mean__________________
Cmon grandma, please, fufill the space!
...it´s a miracle.

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:51 pm

that means i don´t like heavy metal, that means i do not like bands mentioned above and their clones...satisifed?

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:54 pm

What i´m trying to tell you here is that Metal Evolutes, just like everything else..so don´t come and say metal is dead...it is alive and accomplishing great things, just as we speak...
This whole separating stuff is awful.
Wanna do yourself a favor? Go Listen to both Nativity in Black - A tribute to Black Sabbath albuns, and you´ll see what i´m talking about. Black Sabbath has developted almost all kinds of metal we see nowadays...the other bands just "perfectionated" (i guess this word doesn´t exist) it...
I agree with Stratoheart. It is all Heavy Metal. We just put sections to organize ourselves! :P
...it´s a miracle.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:56 pm

LittleHarry wrote:nicko i think that i have explained it sufficently in posts n this thread...basicaly i was trying to say that heavy metal is not developing thus it is dying...and i was trying to get your opinions on this cause...sadly i mostly got only offended...
No sorry thats myfault, My statement was aimed at Stratoheart not you, she'he said I didnt understand her post so i was asking for her'he to verify it, you must have replied seconds before I did.

Sorry

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:12 pm

LittleHarry wrote:well lad you´ll have to remind me when i wrote that power,speed progress and so on are not metal...i´ve checked over my posts and i wrote nothing like that...though i DID said that i do not like traditional metal...
Ok, you don't like it... and so , tell me: is it dead because of that? What a hipocritical vision of things.
You didn't disrespect just me, but everyone who really likes metal in all its styles, no matter how you do call them. And if saying: "I don't like that bands, so they are absolutely dead" is not impose an opinion, so what is it? Anyway, you don't need to open a thread for write these things. This is a kind of negative debate and, as I said before, new members should know how things work here before opening threads. You should start a discussion about things you like, and not about those you don't like... For heaven's sake, guy, am I wrong?

LittleHarry

Post by LittleHarry » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:31 pm

you are right in certain way...this thread has quite gone out of control...in the bggining i just wanted to know your opinions wabout whether traditional heavy metal genre is fading,dying away...sadly it has grewn out of control...i´m sorry

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:42 pm

Traditional heavy metal is not dying, in fact its as alive as it ever was, it's just not as heavy in the media anymore. Talk to any metal fan and you'll see bands like Maiden, Priest, Saxon, even Megadeth are returning back into the high ranks of rock.

Just because you dont like a certain band or genre doesnt make you any less of a metal fan, i hate black,death,grindcore or any of that stuff, doesnt mean i like rock any less.

I dont think Rock will ever really die? Has Elvis died? No, and hes been dead for almost 30 years.

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:43 pm

but, with all due respect, explaining things the way you did, it was a cretin question. Why? See:
1- You complain about bands that just copy the previous one;
2- You say that, even thou we still praise those old bands, they are dying.
3- You state the evolution of the style.

But my man, if others can´t imitate the band, of course, by this logic, every single band/style is dead by the end of itself (break up, death. etc.)
I believe that praising is what keeps the music alive, and seeing some aspects of those old ones in the upcoming bands.
I personally, would love to die by the age of 80 and still seeing some power bands around...
In fact, every band copies a little...they just add a personal touch...while some don´t even do that. If you don´t accept that you will come to the conclusion that Music is finite and saturated. (which is a blasphemy to Professional Degreed Musicians, but it ain´t my case :P )
What if Helloween couldn´t copy some aspects of Iron Maiden? I believe it´s all about relating yourself to the musical enviroment. There´s no dead metal. Want an example of a dead style? Disco. I haven´t seen any bands around, have you?
...it´s a miracle.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:15 pm

Labeling bands is stupid so is trying to impose tastes on someone else. Melodic, industrial, grindcore, hard rock or electronic music - who cares as long as it's a good and enjoyable listen?
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:49 pm

Nicko wrote:fair enough, explain it then, I wanna know what you meant
I said that I can tell they are dead for sure because they are REALLY dead, lying on it's grave. That was the meaning of that part.

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:05 pm

LittleHarry wrote:well i do not know but i do not consider Nightwish,Angra,Stratovarius and so on Heavy Metal Bands...for me Heavy Metal are iron maiden,judas priest,manowar,hammerfall,motorhead,black sabbath,van halen and bands like this...
OH

MY

FUCKING

GOD

Is Hammer-wewanttobeManOwaRbutwesuckatpretending-fall heavy metal to you? For fuck's sake! I haven't listened too much Van halen, but it does sound like heavy metal to me by no means, and, as far as Hammerfall is concerned I tried to dig into them in the past and I found them to be the worst pathetic attempt to copy Manowar and such bands ever. They have the worst singer ever, he can't reach high notes, he probably could not sing "Luminous" if he was asked to do that.

Oh my god. If Hammerfall is regarded as a Heavy Metal band, then Heavy Metal is dead.

Luckily, Black Metal is still alive with good bands like In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Korn and Soilwork!

NP: Alice Cooper - Hell Is Living Without You

Kurva Bicha

Post by Kurva Bicha » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:41 pm

God Called In Sick Today wrote:Luckily, Black Metal is still alive with good bands like In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Korn and Soilwork!
OH

MY

MUTTERFUCKING

GOD!!!!!

Korn???? BLACK METAL???????
Soilwork???????BLACK METAL?????????????????
Or IF for that matter...

Dunno if anyone else gets this but I find this post so utterly hilarious that I'm splitting like right now... :roll:

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:19 pm

Kurva Bicha wrote:
God Called In Sick Today wrote:Luckily, Black Metal is still alive with good bands like In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Korn and Soilwork!
Dunno if anyone else gets this but I find this post so utterly hilarious that I'm splitting like right now... :roll:
Actually you are not the only one to be torn of laugh :D
I didn't even know that In Flames or Dimmu Borgir were considered as "Black Metal"... Maybe I should read the "Black Metal" book.
If Korn are considered as black metal, then i wonder what are Marduk or Dissection ? what is more black than black ??? :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:15 pm

Give the guy a break dudes!
:lol:
that is why i believe this distinction is a bitch!
:D
...it´s a miracle.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:28 pm

I think he was joking :err:

At least i hope so, although Korn are the most heavy, grim, satanic norsk arysk blakk metal band ever :lol:
Delusions Of Grandeur

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:18 am

Twilightsymphony wrote:I think he was joking :err:

At least i hope so, although Korn are the most heavy, grim, satanic norsk arysk blakk metal band ever :lol:
BINGO!

I just can't believe how couldn't you get that sarcasm.

EDIT: Cliff and the other guy who believed I was not joking: I officially think you read the forum while you're asleep.

Ehem:

NP: Marduk - Baptism By Fire

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:29 am

Do you mean pop-korn? :D
Like the Phoenix I rise...

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:04 am

God Called In Sick Today wrote: EDIT: Cliff and the other guy who believed I was not joking: I officially think you read the forum while you're asleep
I think you are right about this asleep thing :wink:

@Reaper : Fortunately, the PopKorn Killer will arrive soon :D
<b>This is wrong</b>

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:20 pm

Reaper wrote:Do you mean pop-korn? :D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NP: Dragonforce - Fury Of The Storm

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:40 am