Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

what do you think?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkbdadsgshim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: what do you think? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

look what i found in metal-rules maybe this thread has been posted before , but what do you think 'bout the article , the article talks 'bout cheese in metal , or cheese bands in the metal scene , n' this is what they thin' 'bout stratovarius: "I have read reviews which criticized Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica for being excessively happy and cheesy. " n' they talk 'bout many bands what do you think?

the link is: http://www.metal-rules.com/hell.htm

gon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

All these is really subjetive. You can consideer "cheesy" some bands, and other people might think they are just the opposite. I don´t like bands like Rhapsody and many bands of "true" metal, also I don´t really like nu metal, ( I am quite old to change my tastes now, jeje) but it doesn´t mean I think these bands are cheesy.... they have all my respect, apart I like them or not.

MAJINDIEGO
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think Freedom Call is the cheesiest we´ve got around...

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I looked up "Cheesy" in the dictionary, and the definition is: "Cheap; anything of poor quality; Shoddy"
As a StratoFan, I resent people saying things about the band like that. Crying or Very sad Sad
But, I am an adult, and I realize people have the right to their own opinion about personal preferences in their music&bands...However, I will still argue with anyone who says the music of Strato is Cheesy, or Gay, or any of those condescending terms! The music&Lyrics of Strato has uplifted me when I've been sad, gave me hope when I felt like giving up on life, and, damn it--it just sounds good!Very Happy
I guess I am just too biased to give an educated discussion here--too many felings involved--but, thats Strato music, too.....Full of emotion and its expression. Plus, the lyrics make one think about many aspects of life: religion, love for fellow man, peace&harmony with one another& within oneself&with ones environment, self-fullfillment......

Cheesy? HELL NO! But, thats only my opinion....Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum