what do you think?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
tkbdadsgshim
what do you think?

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:44 pm

look what i found in metal-rules maybe this thread has been posted before , but what do you think 'bout the article , the article talks 'bout cheese in metal , or cheese bands in the metal scene , n' this is what they thin' 'bout stratovarius: "I have read reviews which criticized Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica for being excessively happy and cheesy. " n' they talk 'bout many bands what do you think?

the link is: http://www.metal-rules.com/hell.htm
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

gon

Re: what do you think?

Post by gon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:04 pm

All these is really subjetive. You can consideer "cheesy" some bands, and other people might think they are just the opposite. I don´t like bands like Rhapsody and many bands of "true" metal, also I don´t really like nu metal, ( I am quite old to change my tastes now, jeje) but it doesn´t mean I think these bands are cheesy.... they have all my respect, apart I like them or not.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:46 pm

I think Freedom Call is the cheesiest we´ve got around...
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:57 pm

I looked up "Cheesy" in the dictionary, and the definition is: "Cheap; anything of poor quality; Shoddy"
As a StratoFan, I resent people saying things about the band like that. :cry: :(
But, I am an adult, and I realize people have the right to their own opinion about personal preferences in their music&bands...However, I will still argue with anyone who says the music of Strato is Cheesy, or Gay, or any of those condescending terms! The music&Lyrics of Strato has uplifted me when I've been sad, gave me hope when I felt like giving up on life, and, damn it--it just sounds good!:D
I guess I am just too biased to give an educated discussion here--too many felings involved--but, thats Strato music, too.....Full of emotion and its expression. Plus, the lyrics make one think about many aspects of life: religion, love for fellow man, peace&harmony with one another& within oneself&with ones environment, self-fullfillment......

Cheesy? HELL NO! But, thats only my opinion....:)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~