Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's everyone reading at the moment?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nebulae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: What's everyone reading at the moment? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

My wife and I just finished "The Dark Tower book 6: Song of Susannah."

Now we're reading "Spelljammer book 1: Beyond the Moons."

Nicko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The last thing I read was the walkthrough for Resident Evil on Gamecube because I'll be damned if i'm ever going on that game again!

Nebulae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nicko wrote:
The last thing I read was the walkthrough for Resident Evil on Gamecube because I'll be damned if i'm ever going on that game again!

I love that game! Cool What an expansion from the original game that came out when PSOne was just a little tike.

LittleHarry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Honore Balzac - Father Goriot - i ´ve got to to do a yearwork from it...

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Fritz Leiber - The Wanderer (Wanderer im Universum) .. quite old scifi story.. i like those Very Happy

Nicko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nebulae wrote:
Nicko wrote:

I love that game! Cool What an expansion from the original game that came out when PSOne was just a little tike.

hell yeah fantastic game, it just scares the shit outta me! I'm determined to finish it one day though!

God Called In Sick T

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I just finished Ender's Game, today I'm starting Fahrenheit 451. Some fellow of mine want me to introduce myself into Sci-Fi books. I think he also believes in god... Mr. Green

NP: Scorpions - Winds Of Change (live)

Holy Light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm reading Conan the Invincible.

Shurik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

John D. Jackson "Classical Electrodynamics"

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Right now just some magazines.
The latest issue of FATE, mostly. I am considering ordering some books by Scott Cunningham from AzureGreen. He was very knowledgable about Pagan/Nature subjects.

Veripalttu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm reading Barry Trotter and the shameless parody, by Michael Gerber.

Nica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

right now reading anne rice - memnoch the devil and bridget jones for the 5th time (being with a lot of boys demanded some female influence..)

tkbdadsgshim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i'm readin' "120 days in sodoma" marques de sade SmileSmileSmile

Nebulae

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:
The latest issue of FATE, mostly. I am considering ordering some books by Scott Cunningham from AzureGreen. He was very knowledgable about Pagan/Nature subjects.

Cool. I've got quite a few of Scott Cunningham's books. I was into White Magic for a while as a teenager and he was my favorite author on the subject. Now that I think of it, those books would have to be 15 or 16 years old. Surprised

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LittleHarry wrote:
Honore Balzac - Father Goriot - i ´ve got to to do a yearwork from it...
Oh my god !!! not that "Le Père Goriot"... it´s totally horrible ! One of the most difficult and boring book I have ever (tried to) read. I have never been able to read more than the first 2 pages without falling asleep... and I am french Wink

At the moment I´m reading "Ring" by Koji Suzuki. Great book !
The story is MUCH better than the one from the english movie.

MaFiaBoY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hehe I'm quite lucky, I managed to avoid "Le Père Goriot" Very Happy In fact most of the books I've read for school were quite interesting, even the classical Moilère/Voltaire/Flaubert trilogy Very Happy Now I'm reading "La Chartreuse de Parme" for the countless-th time. Still my alltime fav book.

NP : Strato - Holy Solos

Spiderman
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SOVEREIGN STONE Vol 2, Guardians of the Lost, From Weis & Hickman.

Loving Fantasy Ban_dance01 Especially R.E.Feist

Reading the books in Dutch btw.

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

MaFiaBoY wrote:
In fact most of the books I've read for school were quite interesting, even the classical Moilère/Voltaire/Flaubert trilogy Very Happy Now I'm reading "La Chartreuse de Parme" for the countless-th time. Still my alltime fav book.
Actually all these Molière,Voltaire and maybe Flaubert books are interesting. Molière pieces are incredibly funny.
I haven´t read that "La Chartreuse De Parme", but I heard only good comments about it. I should get it.
I dunno if you have already read it, but I recommand you "Le Rouge Et Le Noir". a bit long, but really interesting book ! "Bel Ami" by Maupassant is also really good.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nebulae wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

Cool. I've got quite a few of Scott Cunningham's books. I was into White Magic for a while as a teenager and he was my favorite author on the subject. Now that I think of it, those books would have to be 15 or 16 years old. Surprised

Yep! Several sources that I checked are still selling his books! I have a couple chosen--now I just have to save and get them next month! Smile AzureGreen is a company I trust and have ordered from them qute a bit, so I'll get them from there--their book prices are quite reasonable!

To stay on-topic, I am reading some books about nutrition&vitamins--books I have had for years and packed away. I need to start eating better so, I decided to read about how to improve my eating habits!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum