FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:50 am

Those were great pics! If you are on Koti's Forum that last pic would be great in the Pic thread! :)
BTW, what happened to Jens hair? Its alot longer&thicker!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

shaz

Post by shaz » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:12 pm

Those were great pics! If you are on Koti's Forum that last pic would be great in the Pic thread!
BTW, what happened to Jens hair? Its alot longer&thicker
Well, I didn't really pay attention to Jens' hair during the gig but - now that you pointed it out - it IS perhaps different than before.
Why? I dunno, maybe the truth WILL be uncovered some day. 'Till then, we can only speculate.
Maybe the thicker hair is a sign of stratovarius getting together again.. :shock:
OR.. maybe.. maybe Jens has begun using a different shampoo. :o
OR.. the thought scares the hell out of me but, there _is_ a possibility that his real hair has fallen out
because of some mysterious illness (or 2 much beer) and now he's using a fake hair.. a prosthese or whatever. :lol:

The truth is out there.. somewhere. :wink:

Oh yeah, there's still one more pic from the ankkarock gig, it's really small & crappy quality, but check it out. It has the band just before their bow at the end of the show, Jens making us laugh as usual. :P
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/8789/IMG_1870_cropped1.jpg
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:05 am

On the contrary, its a good Pic! :D
Why does Jens appear to be shaking his fist? :lol:

I see Tolkki is wearing that beautiful Phoenix Flame Shirt again! :) I bet alot will be sold---I hve that shirt, and it is a truly nice Strato T-Shirt!

The guys seem to be happy in that Pic, or, at least relaxed.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

shaz

Post by shaz » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:55 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:On the contrary, its a good Pic! :D
Why does Jens appear to be shaking his fist? :lol:

I see Tolkki is wearing that beautiful Phoenix Flame Shirt again! :) I bet alot will be sold---I hve that shirt, and it is a truly nice Strato T-Shirt!

The guys seem to be happy in that Pic, or, at least relaxed.
Jens was just playing with the audience.. he was standing in the line with the rest of the guys and (i'm not sure why) he started doing that fist wawing thing :D it was funny, though.
And you're right about the guys being relaxed: they seemed.. well, don't sue me for saying this, because this was my first StratoGig, but they were playing like no tensions existed within the band, just like i've seen them play on infinite visions, and the tv gigs that have been broadcasted.
It was all good.

p.s : I gotta get myself one of those phoenix shirts!! :D
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:07 pm

Do you mind if I post that one Pic of Koti in his Forum if I give you(Shaz of StratoForum)Credit? Its a GREAT pic of Him&we have a Koti Pic thread at his Forum! :D

Its up to you&I will use that 1 pic ONLY! :)

shaz

Post by shaz » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:45 pm

Hehe.. do as you will, you can post any pic you want to. :wink:
It isn't that necessary to give any credit, either. It's just a picture.. :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:12 pm

shaz wrote:Hehe.. do as you will, you can post any pic you want to. :wink:
It isn't that necessary to give any credit, either. It's just a picture.. :)

Well, they are your Pics&I thought I would get your permission before I used it. ;) And, it is a very good Pic of Koti! :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:35 am

Sorry, Shaz :( But, your link did not work.
You live on X-Mas Island!!!!!I find that fascinating because Discovery Channel did a special about X-Mas Island&the Crab migration that occurs every year!!! That was cool--but, at the same time annoying---those little crabs everywhere! Even in peoples shoes! :lol:
So, have the Crabs did their thing yet this year? :)

Electric Eye

Vizovice show, July 3rd 2004

Post by Electric Eye » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:30 am

month and half ago I saw Stratovarius in Vizovice, Czech Republic at Masters Of Rock. This show was supposed to be the last one, but there were3 two more from that time. I wrote about it in Yahoo disscussion group Kotipelto as a sentinel782000 but I'm going also to share with you with my memories and reflection. First, there was meeting with band. I was wandering how it will be to see them together, unfortunatelty Tolkki didn't appear. I understand those guys (rest of the band) - there were
sitting by the table, people were scanning band name, and applauded, but you know, their enthuisiasm was caused by the author of the music, so they must have felt a bit confused, ant it was seen. They were sitting in order: Timo, Jens, Jari and Jorg. Because of hurry and a lot of people interested, there was no time for longer chat, or to have a picture with them, only to say hello, and signature on cd covers. I said, that I like his new album, he seemd pleased. He seems quite nice. It's a shame that TT didn't appear, I was counting on meeting him.
Show started after 1AM (so it was in the night July 3rd/4th). I was really tired after all two days of this festival, but when they started play, I regained my strenght at once :) In backstage was Vision cover, tracklist was similar to the one from other gigs on this tour (someone put it here, I think), order was a bit different, and there wasn't a few songs (I thik some of the ones from last album). They started with "I walk to my own song", others tracks, were Father Time, Forever, Destiny, Uncertanity, Forever Free, Reign Of Terror, Hunting high nad low, Phoenix, Black Diamond, and maybe some more, I don't remember the order. As usuall they palyed perfect all those great songs, but it was seen a maw between Tolkki and the rest of band. They played together, but acted like they were on different stages. Kotipelto was chating from time to time with Jens, and he was only nodding. They was only one sight contact between both Timo. Between songs Koti was telling somethin to the audience, and TT was moving back, some techncan guy was wipping his guitar's neck and passing him a can of beer I think. It was hard to see TT or picture him, because he was standing almost always in the shadow, but as always he was great. After show they bow all together, it was nice, it looked as the appreciation to the audience is stronger than their personal problems. I really enjoyed this show, it would be a shame if it was one of the last ones.

That's all, but words never describe my feelings. Let's see what future will bring...

by the way: is it possible to put here some photos? if yes, how to do it?

shaz

Post by shaz » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:10 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: You live on X-Mas Island!!!!!I find that fascinating because Discovery Channel did a special about X-Mas Island&the Crab migration that occurs every year!!!
Umm, BEG, sorry for my severe lack of a sense of humor, but I don't live on X-Mas Island, and we don't have any crabs running around either..
I live in Finland and we only have the occasional rabbit on my yard every once in a while, and not much else. :shock:
Sorry if I disappointed u.

The crab immigration thing DOES seem fascinating, though.. :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:54 pm

shaz wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: You live on X-Mas Island!!!!!I find that fascinating because Discovery Channel did a special about X-Mas Island&the Crab migration that occurs every year!!!
Umm, BEG, sorry for my severe lack of a sense of humor, but I don't live on X-Mas Island, and we don't have any crabs running around either..
I live in Finland and we only have the occasional rabbit on my yard every once in a while, and not much else. :shock:
Sorry if I disappointed u.

The crab immigration thing DOES seem fascinating, though.. :lol:
:oops:
But, Why did that Pic link send people to a domain link located in X-Mas Island?(Its an island off the Coast of NorthWestern Australia,btw-Population abt. 3,000) So, I had to delete it off Koti's forum. Good Pic, too.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:18 pm

I think the solution is that he:

1). Either hosted the pics on a server in xmas island
2). Hosted the pics on a server named xmas island

cheers

Moony

Post by Moony » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:30 pm

Yeah, .cx is the top-level domain of Christmas Island.
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:51 pm

Great Post, Electrc Eye!
Sorry that we wnt off-Topic here. :oops:
Your Pics are more than welcome, and I am glad you had a good time meeting the StratoGuys! :)

shaz

Post by shaz » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:01 pm

Still continuing on the subject of X-Mas Island. It's probably the server being, or making us believe it is - on that island. :roll:
Thx to pYromaniaZ and Moony for the help on solving the mystery. :lol:

Oh well, let's try keep those reports & pics & stuff coming in..
it's been cool so far to read about other people's stories of their Stratoconcerts. :P

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:07 am

Pictures are great, but I'm afraid I cannot put them here. I think I must put them on some webpage and give link here, but I cannot do this, but maybe some of you can, so I will send some of them by mail.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

shaz

Post by shaz » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:54 pm

Electric Eye wrote:Pictures are great, but I'm afraid I cannot put them here. I think I must put them on some webpage and give link here, but I cannot do this, but maybe some of you can, so I will send some of them by mail.
If you are in need of a good place to upload your pics to, try ImageShack.
It's free and convenient.

By the way, I did a little bit of snooping around on my hard drive and found 6 new pics from Stratovarius' show at Ankkarock. :D
Just follow these links to get to them:

-> http://img16.exs.cx/img16/2081/misc_stratopic_3.jpg
-> http://img16.exs.cx/img16/4850/misc_stratopic_2.jpg
-> http://img16.exs.cx/img16/7844/misc_stratopic.jpg
-> http://img16.exs.cx/img16/9892/kotijens_BW.jpg
-> http://img16.exs.cx/img16/8702/jensjari_again.jpg
-> http://img16.exs.cx/img16/248/jensjariankkarock.jpg
-> http://img26.exs.cx/img26/2034/the_band.jpg

phew.. that's all of 'em. Hope they are to your liking. :)

Electric Eye

September 3rd 2004 Vizovice, Czech Republic, Masters Of Rock

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Great pictures shaz - last time no stage? I hope no. Thanx for advice.

OK, let's try

here are some meeting:

on stage:

I think this is the best one I took... and the number one is: Spirit of TT in Vizovice:

Enjoy !
Last edited by Electric Eye on Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
From within.

shaz

Post by shaz » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:36 pm

Wow, those are some great pics you have there Electric Eye.. thanks for sharing them. :)
Looks like it was one heck of a gig back there in Vizovice, at least judging by the pics you know..

BTW, is that a camera Jens is holding in his hand in one of the photos, the one where the whole band is together? Just wondering, because during the ankkarock show, he was takin' pics of himself & the beer can.. :wink:

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:09 pm

yes, it's camera. At the end of the show he took a camera, rest it against his keybeards and took a picture of an audience. I remember the same was last year in Wacken - he took a picture of people in the same way - probably he collects fans' pictures from each show. He puts camera on his keyboards probably because of the time of exposure, it's usually dark then, or maybe he is arrangging picture with keys in the foreground and audience in the background.
Jens, if you read this can you share with those pictures?
From within.