Kobe Bryant Case dropped

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Neorave
Kobe Bryant Case dropped

Post by Neorave » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:57 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=k ... &type=lgns

EAGLE, Colorado (Ticker) - Six days before opening statements were scheduled to begin, Kobe Bryant's criminal case is over. Prosecutors on Wednesday asked district Judge Terry Ruckriegle to dismiss the charges "with prejudice" - meaning the criminal case never can be tried again...

:shock: :shock: :shock:
WTF? This is a big shock! I never thought this trial would end.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

browneyedgirl

Re: Kobe Bryant Case dropped

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:06 pm

Another case of "Admired Celeb ALWAYS gets away with Everything" again! >=(

You do NOT want me to get started on THAT subject--you really don't.:shake: Because given that this is a more or less idolizing "Celeb" Forum and all, I would probably say some bannable stuff, so I'd rather keep my observations/opinions/truth to myself. ;)

But, what about the CIVIL trial?
Can't they get his sorry ass there?
OOPS! Sorry.......;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:52 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: But, what about the CIVIL trial?
Can't they get his sorry ass there?
OOPS! Sorry.......;)
I doubt it. If she didn't want to testify in regular court, then she shouldn't testify in civil court. It a bunch of BS all b/c she was emotionally unstable for the regular court, but...oh wait...she'll testify in civil court...

WHY!? B/C THAT'S WHERE THE SHIT LOAD OF MONEY IS!!! (for those of you who do not follow American politics)
And I don't think he "Got away with everything". He admitted that he did it, and it was consensual. But, she basically dug her own grave in this trial!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:32 pm

It was basicly a lower class/unknown female's word, against a big shot celeb's----she was a lost outcast from the beginning!
And of course HE=the MALE would say it was consensual.:lol: THAT happens at ALL rape trials. It just happened that he was a Celeb. Period. Her case was doomed from the start! ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:12 am

Another proof of the axiom - if you're rich and famous, you can get away with rape and murder ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:40 am

Shurik wrote:Another proof of the axiom - if you're rich and famous, you can get away with rape and murder ...
Amen, Amen, Amen! Right On, Shurik--High 5 1000 Times&'nuff said!!!;)

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:14 pm

I can't really comment on this particular case. But generally in rape trials it seems as if the woman, the supposed victim, is treated like garbage by the defense. "What were you wearing?", "Did you have sex with other people that same day?" and so on...absolutely irrelevant. Doesn't matter if she was running around naked and had sex with 20 people that same day, the one tim e she says no and still is forced to do it, it's rape.
That's not to say there aren't gold-diggers out there, who would falsely accuse someone of rape to get a bucketload of cash.

My theory? Kobe paid her off not to testify, thus the dismissal...
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:51 pm

NordicStorm wrote:I can't really comment on this particular case. But generally in rape trials it seems as if the woman, the supposed victim, is treated like garbage by the defense. "What were you wearing?", "Did you have sex with other people that same day?" and so on...absolutely irrelevant. Doesn't matter if she was running around naked and had sex with 20 people that same day, the one tim e she says no and still is forced to do it, it's rape.
That's not to say there aren't gold-diggers out there, who would falsely accuse someone of rape to get a bucketload of cash.

My theory? Kobe paid her off not to testify, thus the dismissal...
You are right! And, the "paying-off" of victims seems to be the trend these days.;)

But, I think a civil trial is still in the works. I'm not sure on that.

To repeat, with his "celeb" status this case was a done deal from the beginning. I'm suprised Kobe did not call her up and say,"You should have known better!"
Which is the smartass celebs attitude to "lower"(in THEIR eyes)
fans who don't keep their place.

I could say more, but it would sound condesending, and very angry to celebs, so I'll just keep it to myself. ;)