Question to you all!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratovana
Question to you all!!

Post by stratovana » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:28 pm

I have a question to you all. Did one of you met Stratovarius once or, one of the bandmembers, and where and when was it. And were you nervous?

It's nice to read that story's from you.

Greetings, Stratovana
:)

Electric Eye

Re: Question to you all!!

Post by Electric Eye » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:19 pm

I saw them twice and meet once. First time it was in Wacken 2003 in Germany, and second one during Masters of Rock 2004 in Czech Republic. During Masters Of Rock was also opportunity to met them and got autographs. You're right, I was then a bit nervous. When you think about such meeting, there is so many things to tell and discuss, but when you stand with them face to face, with people whose music means a lot for you, and you've never even dreamd to meet them, you just don't know what to say. But it's always like this, last year I met Gamma Ray, it was similar. Moreover, such meetings are in hurry, there's a lot of fans standing in a queue or crowd few hours and you're aware that they also are waiting. I described meeting with Stratovarius and gig in "Festival reports", so read it if you want more and see some pictures. In that case I was counting on TT most, but he didn't appear, so I was a bit confused, I said 'Hello' to TK, congratulated him on 'Coldness' album, got signatures from him and the rest of the band, and that was all. There was no time for chat, or discussion, it was all in hurry, but I had great time then.
And what about you? Do you have similar experience?
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:31 pm

Free record shop in helsinki, everyone except Jari (get autographs, shake hands and go).
Tuska 2000 (or was it 2001?) backstage, the whole group.
spring 2002 at the Hartwall arena, Jari.
Summer 2003 bumped into Jens in a bookstore in Helsinki
Tavastia 2004, Jari.

I never really was nervous to meet them, they were regular guys. I really liked the backstage meeting at Tuska, I had a hard time trying to speak german with Jörg but it went pretty well. Jens was quite busy talking on the phone at that time. Jari and I were talking about the upcoming ice-hockey season for Jokerit. Koti and Timo were surrounded by fans so I mainly spoke to Jari.
On spring 2002 Jokerit won the finnish hockey championship and Jari was there to see it. I went to say hello and raised a toast for Jokerit and went to hang out with friends and players.
I was in a bookstore searching for fiction, all of a sudden Jens was standing between the fiction shelves as well. We both had quite the same summer destinations, so a few books were worth reading while sitting in the bus from festival to festival. (Were those books you bought any good ? or did you buy any?)

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:45 pm

great memories! It's easier to meet them when you have a lot of opportunities, know his language, had possibility to get to backstage, or simply live in Finland.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

stratovana

Post by stratovana » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:08 pm

I met Brian May from Queen 10 years ago in Frankfurt Germany, and the whole Brian May band, Cozy Powell, Neil Murray and Jaimie Moses.
I was speachless when Brian came to me. He is so tall, and I was to little. I had my own artistagency for a few years, and I saw a lot of famous people in The Netherlands, but when I saw Brian and the rest of the band, wow!

And I met, but it was for business, Royal Hunt two years ago in Barcelona.
I spoke with the whole band, but that was strictly business, then I asked other questions than I normaly do.

Two years ago, I saw Stratovarius for the first time live, in The Netherlands 013 in Tilburg. The show was amazing. Light and sound where perfect!

I was three weeks before that concert released from the hospital when I was for three weeks at the intensive care, fighting for my life after an siimple operation, and when I was home, i had one goal, to see strato. My son was going with me, I was sitting on a chair, and my son next to me (17 at that time) headbanging and clapping.

So, that's my story.

Stratovana

Forgive me my bad english!

tanis573

Post by tanis573 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:46 am

Nope, I don't think Stratovarius has ever done a concert in USA :(

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:20 pm

tanis573 wrote:Nope, I don't think Stratovarius has ever done a concert in USA :(

Nope, but we can still Hope, can't we? :) Hold on to Your Dream! ;)
I am.....:)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:03 pm

stratovana wrote:I have a question to you all. Did one of you met Stratovarius once or, one of the bandmembers, and where and when was it. And were you nervous?
Unfortunately I have never met any of the members yet, but hopefully someday. Timo Kotippelto and Jens Johnson seems to be nice persons...
<b>This is wrong</b>

Eini

Post by Eini » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:31 pm

I have been in Stratovarius concert four times and I have talk to Timo Tolkki, Jari Kainulainen and Jens Johansson. I saw them in Oulu, Finland in 2003. I was a little bit nervous, but they were nice to the fans. :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:54 pm

cliff wrote:
stratovana wrote:I have a question to you all. Did one of you met Stratovarius once or, one of the bandmembers, and where and when was it. And were you nervous?
Unfortunately I have never met any of the members yet, but hopefully someday. Timo Kotippelto and Jens Johnson seems to be nice persons...

Cliff, wasn't that YOU in that Pic arm-in-arm with TK, standing with a lady....TT was in front of you all&he was turned around loking at you! ;) I have the link! ;)
We all know you are kidding! For Gods sake be proud you met them! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

~Infinity~

Post by ~Infinity~ » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:48 pm

Never met them. They never came to Canada either :x
Is the metal dead?
I don't think so
As long as we live
The metal will never die

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:26 pm

No, and I'm glad I haven't met them, as all celebrities are morons. Thats a fact.

What really has stratovarius done? All the bandmembers have probably done bad in school, picked up a guitar, played a few stuff, not gone to college, probably used drugs and gotten drunk a lot, and then became famous thanks to people like us who still like them.

What kind of role model do I want?
Someone smart, for one. (And jens doesn't count! :P)

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:03 am

pYromaniaZ wrote: What really has stratovarius done? All the bandmembers have probably done bad in school, picked up a guitar, played a few stuff, not gone to college, probably used drugs and gotten drunk a lot, and then became famous thanks to people like us who still like them.
Going to school/college doesn't make you smart/wise...
You say "probably". Why don't you hunt the net to see who the band members really are...
Secondly... we're interested in their music... not their private lives.
Like the Phoenix I rise...

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:01 am

yeah i met them once in greece at a hotel !!! just right after the elements pt 1 2003 tour !!! it was a great experience and many freakin and great things happened such as trying to make jens sing an autograph while he moans !1! and then he started talkin like a rapper !!!!

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:06 pm

pYromaniaZ wrote:No, and I'm glad I haven't met them, as all celebrities are morons. Thats a fact.

What really has stratovarius done? All the bandmembers have probably done bad in school, picked up a guitar, played a few stuff, not gone to college, probably used drugs and gotten drunk a lot, and then became famous thanks to people like us who still like them.

The world is full of well educated derelicts and unrewarded geniouses. Today some people think that intelligense is everything, but there are many people with a high IQ who can do nothing practical. Maybe some of the the members in Stratovarius cant count the square root of 579,158. But I'd rather hang around with that kind of people instead of "smart" people who have a hard time trying to solve practical problems.

DevenKristopher

Post by DevenKristopher » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:29 pm

Agreed, I would much rather hang out with Stratovarius than a group of geniuses. Just hanging out with them would make my life that much closer to complete :D
I've been listening to Stratovarius since I was in 6th grade (Im a Junior in highschool) And I have to say, I still love you guys as much if not more than that faithful day my dad showed me your music

Utku

Post by Utku » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:16 am

I met them in Ankara, Turkey in 1999 when they were on the tour for DESTINY album. After the concert finished, Kotipelto came from stage to talk with fans. And we met them and tried to speak! We talked with Tolkki, Jens, Jari. Jens ofcourse were drinking!!! It was the very beautiful day for me. I wanna still see them with Jörg&Kotipelto in Turkey !!! They were very happy when we tried to speak them.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 pm

Veripalttu wrote:
pYromaniaZ wrote:No, and I'm glad I haven't met them, as all celebrities are morons. Thats a fact.

The world is full of well educated derelicts and unrewarded geniouses. Today some people think that intelligense is everything, but there are many people with a high IQ who can do nothing practical. Maybe some of the the members in Stratovarius cant count the square root of 579,158. But I'd rather hang around with that kind of people instead of "smart" people who have a hard time trying to solve practical problems.

Great Posts!!!:rvd:
Some CERTAIN people think intelligence is the most important human characteristic--but, its NOT!!!
Its how a person treats other people&his/her attitude about life that counts!
Being caustic, hateful, arrogant&know-all will get you NOWHERE but Hated by others.(Except those equally as shallow,evil&hateful!)
:twak:
However, showing kindness&humor even to those you think are not your type, or people you think aren't cool will get you respected, liked, and a good reputation. You won't have to worry about others calling you asshole behind your back, or being hurt or intimidated by you.
Remember, a person always gets what he/she orders! Or, as us Rednecks say, you can catch more flies with honey than you can Vinegar! :D

In other words, Stratovarius is so well-liked because they treat their fans right! :)
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrJo

Post by SrJo » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:16 pm

No, no, no, no... They will never come to Bosnia. But, maybe Italy, or some other country close to me!

Michael^

Post by Michael^ » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:36 pm

The guys from stratovarius sound really cool by the sounds of things : o )

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:42 am

browneyedgirl wrote: Cliff, wasn't that YOU in that Pic arm-in-arm with TK, standing with a lady....TT was in front of you all&he was turned around loking at you! ;) I have the link! ;)
We all know you are kidding! For Gods sake be proud you met them! :)
I don't have any idea of what you are talking about :lol:
<b>This is wrong</b>

Drakkar

Post by Drakkar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:30 pm

i met timo kotipelto in brescia when he sang iron maiden songs :)

Drakkar

Post by Drakkar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:30 pm

i met timo kotipelto in brescia when he sang iron maiden songs :)

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:05 pm

Unfortunatly I've never even seen Strato play live, but next time when they visit the Netherlands......is this wishfull thinking?

However, last thursday I went to a concert of Deadsoul Tribe and Threshold wearing my Ayreon - The Human Equation shirt and a miracle happened: Arjen Anthony Lucassen himself stept in the room to watch the gig. I couldn't resist to walk to him and shake the guys hand. He gave me a compliment on the shirt :mrgreen:
Very special moment, I think he's just the best.

btw. you all should try the last Deadsoul Tribe album January Tree, it really will blow you away. Anyone already heard this?
With great power, there must also come great responsibility! (Peter Parker)

emppu

Post by emppu » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:14 pm

I met in stratovarius, 2003 or 2002., It is gick in Oulu (urheilutalo) Gick is very awesome... thanks it for stratovarius guys.