lys flower?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
doc_holliday
lys flower?

Post by doc_holliday » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:42 am

what's the deal with the lys flower? what doesn it mean/represent?

StratoRico

Re: lys flower?

Post by StratoRico » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:38 am

The lys represents the french monarchy,but it has nothing to do with the band itself.

It has no meaning because it has been selected.

Tolkki said the he liked that symbol and decided to put it on the albums and on the logo of Strato. :D

So it's only an estetic fact,no signification :D
Make the best out of your dreams.
They're the world where you are free

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:24 pm

I often wondered why the fleur-de-lys was chosen as a symbol--I like that pattern in clothes, for example and had a few household linens(blankets,curtains, bedspreads)in that pattern-plus, a classic pattern for ties! :)

So, TT just happened to like lys &found it cool--thats OK. Lets be glad he doesn't have a fondness for polka dots! :crazy2: :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:48 am

Living here in Canada we see them a lot.. It's like, the emblem or whatever or Quebec. Of course I live in ONtario, not Quebec, but everytime I look at the fleur-de-lys now I think STRATOVARIUS! The people I'm house sitting for at the moment have these blue fleur-de-lys hooks in their bathroom, it's weird... again, I keep thinking... STRATOVARIUS! hehe
But yea I don't think there's any meaning behind it, it's just... part of the logo/design now

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:36 pm

This is what I've found on web about lily:
"Lily symbolizes chastity and virtue from the beginning of Christianity. Kings, princes, knights had this symbol on their regal gowns, standards and crests. This is an international symbol of all scouts. Scouts lily resembles magnetic needle of compass. As the compas needle pointed sailors way to home, for scouts it is symbol of their duties: conducting in accordance with scouts' rules. The other interpretation is that like compas needle shows north, the lily shows way to achieving ideals. "

Other sources says it's symbol of chasity and puirity.

Anything it means, I think that, as it's written on Stratovarius webpage, it's just look cool in the logo, so that's all philosophy :)

Nevertheless, before Stratovarius logo, first time it apperad on Timo Tolkki CVAT album cover, I think. If I'm wrong correct me, please...
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:42 pm

The lys is also a symbol for the town I live closest to.
Every month when I get a Utility/electricity Bill, the lys symbol is imprinted on it!

I think the French settled this town, as a large portion of towns in the Southern USA.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:11 am

Have you seen it already?

Image Image

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:14 pm

Here is the Fleur de Lys, too! :D

that´s awesome