New guitar

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Sknight2112
New guitar

Post by Sknight2112 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:46 pm

I'm thinking about picking up a new one, but wanted some mroe professional input before i get it, I figure most people here see mto know whats up so:

http://www.wwbw.com/Epiphone-1967-Flying-V-i97020.music

this hits the top of my funds and seems to be a pretty good one. Any input from you other guitarists?
United metallians ready to strike!!!!

HvyMtlClickWitch

Re: New guitar

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:17 pm

Bah! Why get that one when you can get the one that has Wayne Static's neurotic face all over it? :wink:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:19 pm

Sure you want a V? I dont think that they the design is that functional, but well.. i dont like it at all, so.. ;)

Have you tried looking for some Jackson V´s?
I´ve heard that they have a quite high level of quality and i dont seem to be that convinced by Epiphone... what guitar are you using now?

The best way to find a new guitar is to test them in a store though...
Delusions Of Grandeur

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:44 pm

right now i have a p.o.s. Yamaha which doesnt even fully function (gotta jiggle the little pickup switch to make it work. Its basicaly a fake strat that i bought because it was cheap and I had no idea how to play.

Ive looked at the jackson Vs which I admit are quite nice, but all that I can find are either out of my price range or not quite what im looking for, however i can very close to buying a damaged one (it had like 2 little scratches in the paint so it was like half off from its $750)

Most guitarshops where I live dont have a V, not popular enough now adays everything is fake-strats if your into punk or light rock and then the B.C Rich Warlocks if your into metal around here...

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:42 pm

I wasn't aware the warlocks had gotten popular lately.

I just saw, uh....Dope, i think their name was. They just played down here. And they had a whole rack of Vs backstage, and everyone in the band other than the drummer was playing a V onstage. So between that and Wayne Static, i had thought the Vs were gaining popularity lately.

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:17 pm

where do you live? Maybe its just my area that they have fallen out. The warlocks are defenatly big here, I know a ton of peopel who got them. I dont know I don't really like them too much but hey what do i know... :)

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:52 pm

Go to a local music store and try out all the guitars that your eyes desire, then make a verdict.
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:56 am

I live in florida. everyone here seems to be playing stratocasters.

When i said that, i meant that to represent what i perceive about the metal bands that are out there and whatnot. although i did hear someone once describe a warlock as "too nu-metally". I didn't know what he meant at the time, but i guess now i do. i didn't know that they had become so popular lately.

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:29 pm

yeah too 'numetaly' describes them perfectly in my opinion. But yeah, atleast where I live there is only like 3 other metal heads (all people I hang out with) and like 10 more guys who wear a metallica shirt and considerethemselves one, but ....... lets just say they are the people who buy warlocks....

Don't see too many new metal bands over here though so you are probably right. Mostly al we get is hordes of emo bands mixed with tons of rap :puke:

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:22 pm

well, i ended up ordiring it, and am I ever glad I did. Its got an amazing sound and great feel. Only thing that confuses me is the fact that it is a difernt guitar then the one in the picture! :shock: As you see in the picture of the website there is two knobs and the pickup switch is in between them. My guitar has 3 knobs, the switch is i na totaly different area, the strap knobs are in different places, and the bridge is striaght rather than slightly crooked like in the image. Very interesting, but it actualy seems nicer than the pictured image so im not complaining :D