No-metal bands.

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
HvyMtlClickWitch
Re: No-metal bands.

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:36 am

Hoobastank? ? ? ? ?

EMO FOR BOYS. :roll:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:41 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Hoobastank? ? ? ? ?

EMO FOR BOYS. :roll:

What? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:21 pm

Heh. Just teasing.

Up until recently i lived in a dorm, and EVERYONE seemed to be listening to emo all the time. It was like living in hell, it really was.

And there was this one guy who liked Hoobastank a lot, and through whom i got to hear them. I had never heard them before, and when he played them I started laughing and blurted out the first thing that came to my mind, which was that they sounded like an emo band trying to be tough: emo for boys. Apparently what i said was humourous to a lot of people and ended up sort of sticking amongst the dorm crowd.

Later, it was decreed that Linkin Park was also emo for boys. :)

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Metallica ;)
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:47 pm

Electric Eye wrote:Metallica ;)
eheeh.. :D

what do you think of A.O.R. guys?
Rock and Roll.

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:48 pm

Electric Eye wrote:Metallica ;)
eheeh.. :D

what do you think of A.O.R. guys?
Rock and Roll.

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:12 am

In my opinion, the only good thing Metallic ever did was fire Dave Mustaine, so he could creat Megadeth. Just my opinion though...
United metallians ready to strike!!!!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:00 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Heh. Just teasing.

Up until recently i lived in a dorm, and EVERYONE seemed to be listening to emo all the time. It was like living in hell, it really was.

And there was this one guy who liked Hoobastank a lot, and through whom i got to hear them. I had never heard them before, and when he played them I started laughing and blurted out the first thing that came to my mind, which was that they sounded like an emo band trying to be tough: emo for boys. Apparently what i said was humourous to a lot of people and ended up sort of sticking amongst the dorm crowd.

Later, it was decreed that Linkin Park was also emo for boys. :)

............I didn't get it witch.......Explain youself. (emo?)

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:22 am

Emo? You know not emo?

Consider yourself lucky.

Emo is that horrendous crap that came around following the new punk movement. Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Thursday...these are all emo bands. It's cacauphonous, to say the least.

You know....oversize sweaters, horn-rimmed glasses....that whole "dork" look that's come back lately?

Last Viking

Post by Last Viking » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:28 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
Last Viking wrote:Jamiroquai, XL, Jens Johansson,Allan Holdsworth, and other like that.
XL? ? ? As in, "XL with DBD"? ? ? Brainstorm Records? ? ? As in, "Brother to the Saboteur"? ? ? ? Tell me it's the same band, i'll have a freakin' heart attack. i thought i was the only one who knew them.
No, it's finnish band, Pohjola records

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:09 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Emo? You know not emo?

Consider yourself lucky.

Emo is that horrendous crap that came around following the new punk movement. Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Thursday...these are all emo bands. It's cacauphonous, to say the least.

You know....oversize sweaters, horn-rimmed glasses....that whole "dork" look that's come back lately?
Oh, oh, oh...I know what u mean......Yes, Thats stupid, or at leats for me....those grops, like u said yellowcard, greenday......oh hell!

U know there a many boys+gilrs in my school that drees like u know...metal and stuff like that, i thought i would find budys, but then i figure out that they listen to taht kind of music........And thats stupid.

They are not enlightment.....?

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:27 pm

Yeah, emo is scary. Almost as scary as the people who listen to it. Freaking bleeding heart pansies. :evil:

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:24 am

its funny listing to the people in my school. They kinda mix themselves so like they are 'hardcore emo' basicly talking about how cool they are going to shows and getting crazy in the crowds but like the shows they all go to are like, let me try to recal a few names... yellowcard, fallout guys, taking back sunday, there were a few others. Anyways, i think it would be very odd to be in these mosh pits they speak of that break out at emo shows. :?

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:52 am

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Most people 'round here are obcessed with going to discos. Every weekend, they go out to this or that disco. I wonder if they never get sick of that life :roll: I know I did. And it didn't take long.

Sadly, most people here are also ignorant musically, and proud to do so. To them, music is House and Techno. Metal is noise. :roll:

Then there's the metal underground, which is where I really like to be ^_^ Everyone's really awesome, and share your points of view on many musical matters, and if they disagree, they usually at least RESPECT your ideas..

Oh well, better to keep Metal underground than seeing everyone enjoying Slipknot or Linkin Park, thinking that they are Metal bands :shock:
perkele

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:45 am

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Most people 'round here are obcessed with going to discos. Every weekend, they go out to this or that disco. I wonder if they never get sick of that life :roll: I know I did. And it didn't take long.

Sadly, most people here are also ignorant musically, and proud to do so. To them, music is House and Techno. Metal is noise. :roll:

Then there's the metal underground, which is where I really like to be ^_^ Everyone's really awesome, and share your points of view on many musical matters, and if they disagree, they usually at least RESPECT your ideas..

Oh well, better to keep Metal underground than seeing everyone enjoying Slipknot or Linkin Park, thinking that they are Metal bands :shock:
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha its weird that u said that 'cuz right now im listening to Linkin Park....
A friend of mine give me their cd like 2 years ago......i couldn't say no, so i have it right now in my hands, damn they are noisy!

In da other hand yeah man, im tired of club'es too, when i was in D.R. i used to go to the disco almost every weekend but i did get tired of it, and leave it.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:25 am

......And talking about Linkim Park, i just heard a good song from them, it's pretty intresting. but damn! i can't recall the name..........i'll post it later.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:30 pm

Their album Hybrid Theory has a coupla cute songs. The new one is just commercial, and yucky.
perkele

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:50 pm

Yeah, cute like an enema.

"I'm gonna rap, man. Just play something.........No, i don't care, play whatever you want, just PLAY something, i'm gonna rap over it......check this verse, homie...."

God......i hope Ozzy goes to their house in the middle of the night and bites their heads off.

Sknight2112

Post by Sknight2112 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:18 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:Their album Hybrid Theory has a coupla cute songs.
:lol: I wonder how they would feel if they knew they were being called cute :lol: on a serious note, I used to like them when they first came out, but at that point id have never heard of Iron Maiden and so forth (ugh so ignorent :x ) once I heard some real metal i just couldn't listen to them anymore, as well as lots of these newer 'hard' bands. Too much emphais on their hardcore appearence and not enough on their music I think, just my opinion :?

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:01 pm

No doubt. But they have a coupla songs from the first album where you notice some more instrument-work and not only that rapper. Still below average though.
perkele

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:43 am

the best no-metal band is a Humppaband!
--> ELÄKELÄISET!!!