Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT THE RELEASE OF SAANA

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimoTolkki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT THE RELEASE OF SAANA Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I would like to inform you about the following things regarding Saana:
Due to the fact that Frontiers Records hasn't fullfilled its contractual obligations regarding Saana, I have terminated the contract between my production company Goldenworks and them.
Regardless of that, they have notified me by email today, that they are going to release Saana anyway without my permission even though they don't have the material to be able to produce the cd at all. They only have MP3 files which are not adequate to produce a high quality CD. Also they have absolutely no graphic material for the booklet, information regarding the songs or even the lyrics.
I would like to remind you that the ONLY OFFICIAL place where you can buy Saana is http://www.theground.com. As soon as their new layout is ready, you will be able to make pre-orders of Saana from that site. They deliver to the whole world fast and reliably.

THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE OF "SAANA-WARRIOR OF LIGHT PT1" is 3.3.2008

The configurations available to you are:

1. MP3/FLAC Album without copy protection (includes 24 page digital booklet and video) 7.77 €

2. Jewel Box CD (with 24 page booklet) 13 €

3 Jewel Box CD with bonus DVD (with 24 page booklet, 3 videos, in-depth interview of
Jennifer Sowle, in-depth interview of Timo Tolkki and photo gallery) 18 €

4 DVD (Includes the filmed story of Saana album with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound,
making of documentary, interviews and photo gallery. No region code. May release) 20 €

I would like to ask you to boycott the possible Frontiers release of Saana because it is not the
official version of the record and its quality is likely to be extremely poor.

Thank you for your wonderful support, especially in the last few days.
- Timo

PS. You can still download 3 songs from saana.com. They dont have any digital copy protection because I trust my fans.

Stratobanger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Right on!

Way to go Timo!

Best wishes

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hope theground.com will take checks or money order. Confused

dirge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jeez, bet this has been a very stressful few weeks for you Timo! Hope everything pans out better soon.

stratoplayer
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Listened to the songs you posted, excellent work man, keep it up. All the best.

PS, any chance for a download of the dvd? (Paid of course, i just don't trust the postal service...)

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT THE RELEASE OF SAANA Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hei!

They are going to sell a CD version made from MP3 files???
This is insane.
If they sold the MP3 files directly on a download music store, I would understand, but a real CD??? Surprised

One thing Timo, you sell the MP3/FLAC album with no copy protection AND a digital booklet and video for only 7,77 euros ? This is really cheap in my opinion (I´d even say too cheap). I know this download market quite a lot, usually the price for a unprotected digital albums (MP3 files with a 192K bitrate) is between 10 and 11 euros, 95% of the time without any booklet or bonus.

You can anyway be sure that I´ll buy the digital version, the jewel CD with bonus DVD and the DVD version! Wink

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

stratoplayer wrote:

PS, any chance for a download of the dvd? (Paid of course, i just don't trust the postal service...)

I don´t want to talk on behalf of Timo, but considering how high would be the server bandwidth cost (a non compressed DVD = 7 GB, which is about 100 times more than a simple digital album!), plus the time it would take for you to get the complete file, plus the transfer error rate, I´d say this is a terrible idea. If you don´t trust the postal service, you should ask your order to be sent in a registered way, or subscribe an insurance.

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Damn, screwed over by the label. Sucks.

I'll be ordering it the day it comes out, that's for sure.

Dave
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'll wait till May, I guess it'll be worth the wait..
And I hope that I'll be able to order from theground.com Confused

black death

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They can release the album legally without author's permission in case like this?? This is insane...

Anyway, I also don't trust internet shops too much, but I have just good experience with Finnish e-shops Very Happy

*Deni*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I just can't wait!!!*I guess I'll buy the Jewel box CD+DVD*
Timo, rock on, no matter of the obstacles and difficulties!!! Smile

stratohawk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We'll support you, Timo! Thanx for the information!

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So you're releasing it on your birthday and on my niece's. Smile And the DVD comes out in may? Might order both the Jewel Box with DVD and the DVD film.

Stratoviking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks Timo for the information the songs are beautiful

exe knight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Intresting, unfortunately I'm too lazy to listen to the songs, but I will try to buy this thing anyway Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum