Do you play an instrument?

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
StragOvariuS
Re: Do you play an instrument?

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:00 pm

Ive started playing bass, because i love cliff burton...in the next years i came to learn somethings on guitar and i found a new love, the guitar so i left the bass and start to play, because randy rhoads is my major influence...im still a huge fan of cliff burton, but i left the bass...i think that guitar can give more creativity to create some songs...
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:24 am

I play all of these:

phone
Door bell
mouth
and ass hole
Meikä Ankka

Fuuso

Post by Fuuso » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:34 am

I play electric guitar (Epiphone SG G-400 at the moment) and air guitar (custom built), and probably acoustic guitar someday... I guess my biggest influences were Timo Tolkki, Kai Hansen, Adrian Smith, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, etc... I also use my mouth and asshole (both custom built), usually to annoy people :lol:

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:59 am

hm...haven't realized the thread yet I think...
have been playing the piano for thirteen years (so, since I was 4) and try to teach myself how to play the guitar (acoustic first of course) ...not since long and I'm not very well but I hope to get better soon...well and then I also sing in our band.
The instruments I have were very cheap so I don't think they even have a name.
Influences...I don't think that I have such an own style to talk of influences, maybe on my way of singing Ville Valo might have had some influences and Blaze Bayley though I as a girl can't sing that dark but maybe in a similar way of pronouncing and so on.
Think that's it
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

SrJo

Post by SrJo » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:08 pm

I'm so called playing Guitar, and sometimes Bass. I'm playing mostly alone, so no one can hear me.

Stratovarrior

Post by Stratovarrior » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 pm

I play keys and here is Mine songs :)

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=102556
The sky have so cute clouds:)...Wind sings in mine ears:)....Rain drops so nicely:)......There i nice and cool weather.....Birds are singing..... - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'M GOING TO FREEK OUT TO FINNISH WEATHER!!!

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:17 pm

StratoTimo wrote:I play all of these:

phone
Door bell
mouth
and ass hole
Hahaha xD

i play:

guitar
keyboard
bass
synthesizer
violin (poor)
flute
flutekeyboard
xylofone?
my mouth also :)

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:57 pm

I play keyboards! im pretty good, not as great as I want to be though yet. Im still not finished with the Hanon book >.>

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:41 am

Plisken wrote:I play keyboards! im pretty good, not as great as I want to be though yet. Im still not finished with the Hanon book >.>
Continue training and you might get...as good as you want to be :D

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 am

yah one day... i wanna be a Virtuoso player! Like Jens and so many others I look up to. To do that I got to practice this book Hanon, and man does the exercises get hard >.> actually a lot the techniques in this book stratovarius use. In songs like Holy Light and Stratoshpere

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:16 pm

Plisken wrote:yah one day... i wanna be a Virtuoso player! Like Jens and so many others I look up to. To do that I got to practice this book Hanon, and man does the exercises get hard >.> actually a lot the techniques in this book stratovarius use. In songs like Holy Light and Stratoshpere
Somehow I think that "virtuoso" Isn't enough for people like Jens or Tolkki or...anyone who's ace like that, so I usually think of them as "stratovarius"'s :lol:

It could be like ultimately cool if it was possible to just play at will like you whistle, then the truely complicated and difficult music would be way out of this world, and anyone could play something basic stuff like "stratosphere" or "lake bodom" or whatever... :D

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 pm

stratosphere isnt really hard , now Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement to play that perfect that is something that is out of this world(and there are songs even harder then that). Cloest I have ever seen it played perfect is by this guy in the video im linking. He did a very little mistake near the end but doesnt really matter cuz he was amazing 0_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSulR9F ... re=related

I would like to see jens play it one day though im sure he can play it no problem, or maybe he already does play it :O

Oh I also hear that the song "Flight Of the Bumblebee" is one of the hardest songs in the world to play. Anyone ever tried playing it? I failed big time lol, its reallllyyyy hard

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Plisken wrote:stratosphere isnt really hard , now Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement to play that perfect that is something that is out of this world(and there are songs even harder then that). Cloest I have ever seen it played perfect is by this guy in the video im linking. He did a very little mistake near the end but doesnt really matter cuz he was amazing 0_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSulR9F ... re=related

I would like to see jens play it one day though im sure he can play it no problem, or maybe he already does play it :O

Oh I also hear that the song "Flight Of the Bumblebee" is one of the hardest songs in the world to play. Anyone ever tried playing it? I failed big time lol, its reallllyyyy hard
Flight of the Bumblebee is a walk in the park compared to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-NAgDpRVs
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:41 am

yep that pretty damn hard but not as hard as it looks at all. Especially since its filmed way back when they couldn't speed up filming when recording thats why it looks so fast. But yah thats probably harder then Bubble bee (here is a video if you wanna see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6A-JYbu1Os)

Now would you beleive me if I told you Twinkle Twinkle Little Star(yes the one from when we were all kids lol) is comparable in deffculty to Flight of the Bubble bee?

see for your self lol(keep in mind a harpsichord is very different from a piano, the smallest touch of a key triggers a note, which makes this very umm annoying when playing lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3izeEp3JKwc

Mocosienta

Post by Mocosienta » Tue May 27, 2008 7:19 am

No, I don't know T.T but i'm learning to play guitar.
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
void main ()
{
printf("Stratovarius 4ever");
getch();
}

Jack

Post by Jack » Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 am

exe knight wrote:It could be like ultimately cool if it was possible to just play at will like you whistle, then the truely complicated and difficult music would be way out of this world, and anyone could play something basic stuff like "stratosphere" or "lake bodom" or whatever... :D
Some people find whistling incredibly difficult : P

I don't see why people have the desire to play "complicated and difficult music" so much. Music which is complex for the sake of being complex, or difficult to play just for the sake of being difficult to play, generally sounds like ass.... a lot of the great music which has and will continue to stand the test of time IS very simple stuff (someone earlier brought up Moonlight sonata; the peak of overplayed/overpopular music and that song is incredibly simple, even the holy-shit-fast third movement, which is basically a single chord stretched out over several bars at a time with super sweet arpeggiation and/or mind-numbing alberti bass). And of course this being the Stratovarius forum, it's worth noting that their music which we all love, obviously, is also very simple stuff.

For the sake of ending my short rant by being on topic, I play piano and, unfortunately, guitar.

Lapazeus

Post by Lapazeus » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 am

Just a side remark:

Many people seem to think that certain metal-oriented keyboard players (Rudess, Pinella, Jens etc.) could play any classical piece if they wanted.

The thing is, a great portion of classical music can't be played by anyone, without years of rigorous practice that is. Some of the works are even physically impossible to play by a normal person. This is due to the simple fact that the composers, such as Liszt, had abnormal hands!

Players such as Richter, Rubinstein and Rachmaninoff all had an abnormal stretch and thus could play things that others couldn't.

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:55 am

Simple music saves the world :)

I myself play the trumpet and keyboards. Wanting to study classical piano but I am lacking the cash for it.

HungryWolf

Post by HungryWolf » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Classical Guitar. I'm planning to get an Acoustic guitar or an electric guitar(maybe a keyboard), but until I win at lottery, which will never happen... :(. Well, maybe in the future I will buy a electric guitar.

I don't play my guitar so well since I'm pretty much a beginner, but I think I will get the handle of it in the future.

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Alto, descant and sopranino recorders and some ethnic flutes, tinwhistle for example. Also classic guitar a bit, piano a bit. And a jew harp =)

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:10 pm

I play the piano and the clarinet.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 am

:bounce2: Piano! :bounce2:

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:09 am

I'm going to start playing the electric guitar soon enough..

Going to buy something mediocore at first and buy a better guitar when i get better! 8)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:50 am

I have been playing guitar for ten years now, and Im only realize that because of this forum !! hahaha, what the hell I did with my life all that time?? .
Im also play some drums...like the hanson drummer.
Play some decent keyboards.
a tolerable bass player.
I guess im not what you could call an advantage alumni but still pretty good! :lol:
A9

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:27 am

I have a 5 string bass, 4 string bass, a regular guitar, and a keyboard that I'm in the process of selling I think. I'm probably going to buy a classical acoustic with the money I get from the keyboard

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Does anyone know what kind of a guitar Matias used on Polaris? :|

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Drums, but I'm a rookie at it :D
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I been playin the butt theremin for over 20 years and the hydraulophone and microtonal flatulence box

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 am

robocop656 wrote:I been playin the butt theremin for over 20 years and the hydraulophone and microtonal flatulence box
:shock:

This is as rare as the subcontrabass... you must be Jesus Christ
---...---

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:40 pm

AGAG wrote:
robocop656 wrote:I been playin the butt theremin for over 20 years and the hydraulophone and microtonal flatulence box
:shock:

This is as rare as the subcontrabass... you must be Jesus Christ
...And I'm Priapus son (I think :roll:) who can play the xylophone :?
|StratoFan Forever|