Crucified Pedophile

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Punishment fits crime?

Yes
45%
No
25%
WTF
30%

Total votes: 20

JensJohansson
Administrator
Crucified Pedophile

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:07 pm

No, it's not the name of some Norwegian metal band...
RIYADH (Reuters) - A Saudi court of cassation upheld a ruling to behead and crucify a 22-year-old man convicted of raping five children and leaving one of them to die in the desert, newspapers reported on Tuesday.

The convict was arrested earlier this year after a seven-year old boy helped police in their investigation. The child left in the desert after the rape was three years old, Okaz newspaper said.

International rights groups have accused the kingdom, the birthplace of Islam, of applying draconian justice, beheading murderers, rapists and drug traffickers in public. So far this year about 40 people have been executed in Saudi Arabia.

In Saudi Arabia, crucifixion means tying the body of the convict to wooden beams to be displayed to the public after beheading.
http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews ... 9120091103

Re: Crucified Pedophile

Post by Avatar Thief » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Can't they just chop off his microphallus? :roll:

Although, what he did was twisted. I'll say crucify him but let him live. Torture without executing him. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:55 am

Because that is what Jesus would do.

EDIT: Fuck you, Avatar Thief.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 am

From what little I know about Saudi executions, the beheading probably went pretty quickly- much more so than the pain he inflicted on those kids, and not to mention leaving one in the desert to die.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:09 am

I just got an image in my head of pedobear, beheaded, on a crucifix.
I just died a little bit.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:35 am

I guess I would vote no...obviously you have to be totally insane to do what he did. With that said, there is little point in torturing someone for having a mental illness. It would be different (maybe) if his crime was a calculated risk, like robbing a bank. Or raping a horse. :lol:
miditek wrote:From what little I know about Saudi executions, the beheading probably went pretty quickly- much more so than the pain he inflicted on those kids, and not to mention leaving one in the desert to die.
That's true, but I don't really follow the argument that any punishment is ok as long as it isn't more severe than the crime. That would be like burning down an arsonists house, just because we can.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:38 am

death by horse cock

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:51 am

icecab21 wrote:death by horse cock
Perhaps that would fit the crime... I don't know.

Saudi Arabia is still stuck in the 1700's when it comes to such issues.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:42 pm

NeonVomit wrote:

But it really progressed to 1800s' in other issues, like women's rights ... In about 100 years they'll be really progressive.

The much better punishment would be a castration and then letting him go, together with publishing his picture on every lamppost.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Shurik wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:

But it really progressed to 1800s' in other issues, like women's rights ... In about 100 years they'll be really progressive.

The much better punishment would be a castration and then letting him go, together with publishing his picture on every lamppost.
Trust me, I lived there for 9 years as a child due to my dad's work... not a very pleasant place I must say.

See, that's the thing... for me, it's about as horrible as a crime can be. I really have a sensitive spot for crimes that involve children. What punishment does fit this crime? Instinct says things like castration, stoning, etc. On the other hand, we are a civilised, modern society and should not forget that.

I'm glad I'm not getting into criminal law other than the basics in my studies. In my view, it's by far the most difficult area of the legal profession.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:43 pm

was he charged as kidnapping for these? seems like it would be 5 rapes, 5 kidnappings, and 1 murder so in the usa he would get life in ail or death or some 500 year sentence or so

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Rebel wrote:I just got an image in my head of pedobear, beheaded, on a crucifix.
I feel so dirty for laughing about that :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:48 pm

icecab21 wrote:was he charged as kidnapping for these? seems like it would be 5 rapes, 5 kidnappings, and 1 murder so in the usa he would get life in ail or death or some 500 year sentence or so
I don't think the criminal justice system in Saudi Arabia bothers to deal with lesser crimes if someone's already committed a big one. What are they going to do, imprison the corpse?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:50 pm

now jailing a corpse would make jail a more interesting place

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:18 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:I just got an image in my head of pedobear, beheaded, on a crucifix.
I feel so dirty for laughing about that :lol:
Am I a terrible person for carving a pedobear pumpkin?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:25 am

yes

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:41 am

icecab21 wrote:yes
Yeah, I figured as much, but it had to be done.
I mean come on, little kids dressing up and getting free candy? Pedobear would be ALL. OVER. THAT. SHIT.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:20 pm

I don't think a public beheading should even be considered legal, but the guy definitely deserves an ass kicking or long jail time.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:I don't think a public beheading should even be considered legal, but the guy definitely deserves an ass kicking or long jail time.
Yes, but it's the same as saying 'They really shouldn't have burned people suspected of witchcraft in the 1500's'.

The Saudi Arabian legal system likes to think that it's in the middle ages.

Lightyear

Post by Lightyear » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:44 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Burning Reflection wrote:I don't think a public beheading should even be considered legal, but the guy definitely deserves an ass kicking or long jail time.
Yes, but it's the same as saying 'They really shouldn't have burned people suspected of witchcraft in the 1500's'.

True... The Saudi Arabian system is from the middle ages, or even before that, like cutting off the hands of thieves (even petty thieves!), and as if that's not bad enough, they do it without proper trial (only 4 witnesses required).

However, do you think you wouldn't feel urges to kill somebody if they raped YOUR child ? or left YOUR child in the desert to die ? Would you then agree with the Saudi legal system, or the European legal system (a pat on the head, and a few years in prison, and useless attempts to make that individual capable of being amongst society again ?? )

Just some thoughts I wanted to throw in the air in hopes of a civilized discussion.. :)
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just a freight train coming your way

Lightyear

Post by Lightyear » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Lightyear wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:

True... The Saudi Arabian system is from the middle ages, or even before that, like cutting off the hands of thieves (even petty thieves!), and as if that's not bad enough, they do it without proper trial (only 4 witnesses required).

However, do you think you wouldn't feel urges to kill somebody if they raped YOUR child ? or left YOUR child in the desert to die ? Would you then agree with the Saudi legal system, or the European legal system (a pat on the head, and a few years in prison, and useless attempts to make that individual capable of being amongst society again ?? )

Just some thoughts I wanted to throw in the air in hopes of a civilized discussion.. :)
Hell, I even feel urges to kick someones ass, and punch their face in when they try to hit on my girlfriend (not that I have ever done that)...
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just a freight train coming your way

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:01 am

Lightyear wrote:Hell, I even feel urges to kick someones ass, and punch their face in when they try to hit on my girlfriend (not that I have ever done that)...
That doesn't mean you should.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 am

Lightyear wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:

Exactly.

But with the rather glaring inadequacies and lack of transparency in the Saudi legal system, how do we even know that this guy DID commit those crimes? If he didn't, then the real rapist is still out there.

This goes for all other crimes, too.