Cain's offering has leaked

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rage1979
Re: Cain's offering has leaked

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:22 pm

AAAAAAAAAA 2.0 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:Yeah you are right, he sounds like he does in serenity.
You don't know what you mean! :shock:
YOU ARE IN RAGE!!! :x :x :x :shock:

ehhh?? I didn't mean he sounded bad at any kind in that post... I'm just saying that I like his voice more in the episode-infinite era and even in Cain's offering.

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Stealth wrote:In some countries downloading is not illegal; sharing is.

In any case, even if it's illegal, you can still disagree with copyright laws. And then there's the matter of ownership. Can consumers ever really be owners of the CDs they pay for?

EDIT: Btw, if you ever made photocopies of a book, journal article, etc. because you needed material for your studies or for whatever reason, you have committed piracy. The books and articles are copyrighted and authors don't receive a single cent for those copies. Why is it that this issue is so important in the music and movie industries but widely accepted as the "natural" thing to do with books? If all of you who say that you will buy such and such CD when it comes out are not hypocrites, then you should also buy the books and articles you need. On the other hand, if you still think that making photocopies represents an acceptable behaviour, stop giving speeches about "ethical conduct" regarding illegal downloads of music and movies.
I agree in overal but the point is not what is legal and what illegal. Legal doesn't always mean right, and illegal isn't always wrong. Long conversation...
The difference between the photocopies and the cds however, is that when it comes to books people usually copy some chapters that they need for a diploma work or something. Which means that in other ways they wouldn't be reading the book (at least in the cases of friends of mine and myself). So we are "forced" to make copies or buy it. And of course since it's something we don't like, we'll choose to copy it. But when it comes to music, no one forces you to listen to it (unless you're studying it of course), so it's you who decides to download the copy. The situations might be similar but the circumstances are different.
Well, you could tell that if you wouldn't download it, you wouldn't care to buy an album anyway, so in this case the artist isn't losing anything either... :roll:
But more importantly, mp3s and copied cds are a bit soulless, don't you think so? :? And more than that, I think that buying something makes you appreciate it more than you would have if you had downloaded it for free.
Personally 99% of my cds/dvds are originals cause I prefer them that way, not cause copies are illegal.
But on the other hand, those who download are not the ones to blame. If the cds had normal prices (which are high due to the salaries of big managers, directors etc) then people would prefer buying rather than downloading, I think.
Insurrection!

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 pm

I buy more cd´s nowardays when I started to download. But that's just me maybe.

dirtclaw

Post by dirtclaw » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:55 am

Gotta say I prefer Gather to Polaris right now. I doubt that changes. Both are spectacular, but there is really something special about this one... a spark I didn't get when listening to Polaris.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:11 am

lalodrums2 wrote:Hahaha this is funny, I didn't know that Jani would be a Taylor Dayne fan lol :lol: Cool .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXxzAqeZDU
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/emXxzAqeZDU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/emXxzAqeZDU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQZezXKVPA
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ZQZezXKVPA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ZQZezXKVPA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Yeah, is exactly the same melody, the first time that I heard that song I had the impression that I have heard before; that can be considered a plagiarism right!??? :shock:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:15 am

its the same for a few notes, then it branches off

shg

Post by shg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:51 am

Here is Jani Liimatainen's nice interview: http://powerofmetal.dk/interviews09/cai ... erview.htm

After listening to more Cain's Offering's songs in my opinion, are the best Morpheus In A Masquerade and Oceans Of Regret. They are so full of power and the lyrics are very impressive. :music:

majakka

Post by majakka » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:08 pm

shg wrote:Here is Jani Liimatainen's nice interview: http://powerofmetal.dk/interviews09/cai ... erview.htm

After listening to more Cain's Offering's songs in my opinion, are the best Morpheus In A Masquerade and Oceans Of Regret. They are so full of power and the lyrics are very impressive. :music:
Thanks for the link.
I listened to the album lot of times. I like all of the songs. But these are the favorites for me too.
"I am eager and wakeful, I am a stranger in a strange land.
Thy breath comes to me whispering an impossible hope."
"I forget, I ever forget, that the gates are shut everywhere in
the house where I dwell alone!"

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:57 pm

I like the album pretty much I have to say, but the lyrics...too cheesy. They all talk about women all the time, ''I am in love with you, we are more than just friends, I will wait for you forever, you are my fantasy''...puke! I like that kind of lyrics, but this is just too excessive.
All in all it is an ok album. TK is my favourite singer so I will like any song sung by him and I simply love his vocals in this album.
My favourite tracks are: Thorn in my side (my favourite song in the album)My Queen of Winter, More than friends and Oceans of Regret.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 am

Lurdi wrote:I like the album pretty much I have to say, but the lyrics...too cheesy. They all talk about women all the time, ''I am in love with you, we are more than just friends, I will wait for you forever, you are my fantasy''...puke! I like that kind of lyrics, but this is just too excessive.
All in all it is an ok album. TK is my favourite singer so I will like any song sung by him and I simply love his vocals in this album.
My favourite tracks are: Thorn in my side (my favourite song in the album)My Queen of Winter, More than friends and Oceans of Regret.
Thats just what I have been saying everywhere.
The aproach to those things is just wrong.
WMF was still good.
Some Sonata Ballads are fine (some are not) but this takes it too much over the line.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:52 am

So the writers should just drop their personalitys when they write?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 am

So it seems, sometimes.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 pm

icecab21 wrote:its the same for a few notes, then it branches off
Both songs has the same melody in the chorus! :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:00 pm

put them to sheet music and equal things up and it won't be a match. They do not have the same melody note for note.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:17 pm

icecab21 wrote:put them to sheet music and equal things up and it won't be a match. They do not have the same melody note for note.
Well I'm not deaf, the only difference is that Taylor Dayne song is dance & Cains Offering is a ballad with piano, the melody is exatly the same, not the entire song, is the chorus of Elegantly broken that sounds like the chorus of TD song!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 pm

The chorus is not same for the whole chorus.
There are a different amount of syllables that they sing; it can't be note for note the same. When I listen to the first few seconds of each song there are a lot of differences between the intros

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Whatever... I'll not change my opinion, & I'm not the only person who perceived that!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 pm

I really don't think it can be an opinion. Its either the same or it's not. Perhaps we are thinking different definitions for what a melody is. Ill put it this way, you can have same melody and I can have different pattern with notes added, subtracted, and changed around. I’m just saying that put the two melody lines on top of each other and correct for to make variables equal and there are noticeable differences, you can still call that the same melody though.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:06 am

Is the same melody, go to listen again & you'll see!

I don't know if this is the case to be considerated as plagiarism, but the chorus has the same melody, I even can sing the TD lyrics on CO song :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_plagiarism

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:29 am

There are places in the tell it song where notes are split into two where they just hold the note in broken. Same melody in a sense, just not the same pattern note for note.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:45 am

Polaris wrote:Whatever... I'll not change my opinion, & I'm not the only person who perceived that!
Don't waste your time arguing with icecab. I agree with you. And even if 2 songs would sound exactly the same Icecab would still tell you that they're different.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:46 am

they are not note for note matches so i consider it to be a variation.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

icecab21 wrote:they are not note for note matches so i consider it to be a variation.
You are right it's a variation, but you do know what they meant by "exact same melody". The two expreissions are different. And it doesn't matter if they are the same or not note-by-note what matters is that they are similar. That's what they meant.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm

i have just considered note duration and sequence to be part of melody since there are definitions where it's included.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but here's something funny I noticed.

Listen to this video at 1:20

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EVvx5joxdA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EVvx5joxdA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now listen to Cain's Offering: More than Friends at 2:40.
Its the same!! :crazy2:

I guess its significant because Jani was still in Sonata Arctica in that video.

I wonder if Cain's Offering will release a follow-up. Looking back, it was a very strong album and I would really love to hear more from them. :twisted: But I can't find any news. What is Jani up to these days? ???

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Jani's been doing those acoustic gigs with TK a lot. Dunno what else there is to tell :p He had those CO songs on other band also with Janne Hurme in vocals. (thorn in my side)

Baby

Post by Baby » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Goo goo goo! :)

Bleh! :puke:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Baby wrote:Goo goo goo! :)

Bleh! :puke:
Does your mommy knows you hang out in such a vulgar forum? :shock:
---...---